JG1_Butzzell

Flanders in Flames Spring campaign 2020

Salute to the Flight Sim Community.

Normally we would be offering Flanders in Flames Spring Campaign. Unfortunately we are not going forward with FiF at this time. The recent changes to the DM have created a huge disparity in plane survivability. 

We have made a commitment to FC as being the next generation WW I flight sim but do not want to put forward an event based on a sim with obvious problems. The developers are aware of the situation and are actively seeking a solution to the DM problem. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. At that time we will re-evaluate.

Thank you for your support and understanding.

• Upvote 7

Gentlemen, I'm starting to suspect our train is a little late

IMG_7633.thumb.JPG.d571d143a629c35db7cd6722e083c4a1.JPG

We are waiting for a patch, but no one will give us a guarantee that this patch will suit everyone.  And judging by the diagram of the reinforcement of the side members, the shock from the new reality can become even greater than now.  There are two scenarios.  The first is the return of FiF to RoF.  The second option is a game in the conditions that exist.  Teams change places, and in the same way, they change the pros and cons of their planes.

• Upvote 1

First, I have to thank Butzzell and JG1 for their continue effort to offer us an event in the form of FiF. Your work is very much appreciated.

I respect the reasoning behind the decision to postpone the FiF, but I am afraid that I have to agree with Emely. I do not know if anyone has reliable information on when the DM shall be altered, but it might not happen so soon as we would hope for. I only remind you of the announcement that Flying Circus would be released, back in 2018 (if I remember correctly). Suddenly most people just stopped playing RoF, waiting for the new game, as if it was to be released the next day! It only became available 18 months later (again if I remember correctly)! The result was that even the most dedicated players of RoF (I am an example) not finding enough activity in the servers, just quit flying, and this in sequence led to abandoning RoF.

I would not like the just frustration from what we consider as a wrong DM to lead in a similar abandonment of FC. After all, our voice has an impact because we are playing the game, we are customers and advertisers. If we start boycotting the product, either willingly or unwillingly, then a wrong message might be relayed, that we do not care. The sequences are to be imagined by any of us.

Under this reasoning I am supporting Emely in his ''second option'' - that we could play FiF in the conditions we have now and alter sides sometime in the campaign. I do not believe that going back to RoF is a realistic solution, I suppose that some of the people flying FC have never owned RoF and we are in the FC forum, not the RoF one. Again, this is only my opinion and I would try and support personally and with the Jasta 2 pilots a FiF with the game that we have and not wait for the game that we wish we had.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

16 hours ago, emely said:

The second option is a game in the conditions that exist.  Teams change places, and in the same way, they change the pros and cons of their planes.

J_2 Drookasi said    'Support the game that we have and not wait for the game we wish we had' 

These suggestions could allow some momentum to be maintained in the form of FiF Spring campaign. Build it and they will come. Bloody April was really well supported despite the DM revisions.

Salute

@JG1_Butzzell

Edited by J5_Spyboy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Going back to RoF would only make sense if there would be a team of IT-talented individuals who would be given the opportunity to work further on it, tweak it, add payed content etc. Similar to TEAM FUSION concept otherwise there is no way back to RoF.

After what I see from the current DM discussion and even the uncertainity from the DEVS in which direction it will go - it looks a little bit as an episode from the series "LOST IN THE FOG"

Edited by 1PL-Sahaj-1Esk

Posted (edited)

I have a totally great direction that the devs should go.

Throw away the entire last DM update and go back to what we had before.  Sure, it may not be as "advanced".   But everything sure seemed fine up until then....

Same with regard to GLOC....

Next up: screw up the gunnery?

Please no....

These things they are doing must take up a lot of man-hours, and it doesn't generate any new revenue....does it?

Please just make new planes instead, (which you can charge money for) and as far as fixing goes, concentrate on things that people are actually complaining about, such as visibility distance or anomalies, etc.

That will not only make your customers happy, but make your company money, as far as I can tell.

As for RoF, it's not meant to be a solution or development....only a substitute to take the place of what we've (hopefully temporarily) lost.  BTW, RoF went through much of this same stuff before it reached the stage of "no more updates".

Disclaimer:  These opinions are totally my own and do not in any way reflect the official attitude of JG1.

Edited by JG1_Luftritter

AnP states clearly that rolling back the DM is not possible.  This is not a WWI DM only for FC.  It is a platform wide DM that flows across ALL the IC games through their engine.  Not happening.

What IS happening are corrections to variables within the individual planes that affect strength of the structural components.  That, it is hoped, will produce changes across most but not all planes, that will reduce wing folding and bring us back to a closer approximation of a historical /more realistic damage model.

In theory.

• Upvote 1

The latest patch for Flying Circus may not be perfect but is felt to be a step in the right direction. We would like to go ahead with a shortened version of Flanders in Flames 2020 Spring campaign. This will be a "Dry Run" on 30, May followed by just four weeks of combat, June 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th. Each team will  have two weeks as Entente and two weeks as Central. 

Planes will be Dolphin, SE5a, Bristol, Alb DVa, Pfalz D3, Fokker D7 vanilla - no f- and Halb CL 2.

While Flying Circus allows for many more "Live" targets, we found that in the last campaign that the large number of bombing targets removed the need to do many of the specialty missions. For this campaign we will return to a map with numbered targets. The game will announce which of the targets is "Live" for this session.

Machine guns still line the trenches on each side but have been removed from targets. Targets have one flak gun except for factories which have two. 

No trains. Entente has three ships that are stationary and must be found. Central has three ships moving on rivers.

Each side has three on road vehicle convoys. Last vehicle is a flak gun.

Because of soggy ground the Spy mission and the General capture mission have been removed.

The Prisoner Rescue mission is back. The time for the ambulance to go from the prison to the airfield has been reduced. Mission works exactly as in RoF. Landing at the enemy airfield to pick up the prisoner will not be seen as a capture by the game.  The Prisoner now mentions an area that must be searched for a target. This is similar to the Spy and general Capture missions of the past. When Landing at a friendly base the Prisoner mission activates a Reserve Unit target.

The Trench attack mission is still triggered by completing the Trench Map recon. The Trench attack mission has been changed. It has been moved closer to the middle of the mud. It represents a weakness in the Central front lines.  It is now a broken city. There are several broken cities on the map with tracers all around them. You will have to make sure you are at the correct position. There are 7 Central MG posts next to buildings and 9 Entente MG posts around the city in a semi circle.  The MG posts on both sides have a circle of crates around them for easier spotting so that you know you are at the correct target. Entente must destroy all 7 Central posts and Central must destroy all 9 Entente MG posts. The first team to complete their mission blocks the other team from completing the mission.  Success 1, Failure 0.  This is a change from our normal scoring system.

Updated maps and info will be posted shortly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Hi All,

Just a reminder - the FIF Spring Campaign will be starting this Saturday, 6 June 2020!

Start times are posted on our calendar: https://forum.jg1.org/topic/3010-flanders-in-flames-calendar/

As with all FIF campaigns, we of course recommend that people arrive a little early, so that they can get last minute instructions and test their connection to the server.  The server password will be passed out via voice communication.  Make sure you know where your team is meeting!  This information can be found on the FIF boards (after you login), but PM me @Stab/JG1_Klaiber if you have any questions.

Looking forward to flying with you all!

• Like 2

S! All

The present FiF is almost a completely new file. Thanks to the many people that have been testing it, most of the bugs and glitches have been found.

A couple of changes from the past.

A trench attack plane is not necessary. Any plane can attack the MGs when the trench attack mission pops up.

The altitude for the HQ recon is  above 2 km and below 4 km. There are only three locations. There is no way to know which one is active. You must fly directly over the building. About 10 seconds later you will get a message to make a second pass.