Developer Diary 249 - Discussion

Jason_Williams

Jade_Monkey
7 hours ago, PapaFlo said:

Looks great. How will it be Performance wise? 

From what I read, switching to deferred shading is supposed to increase performance in general.

So I would expect performance to be the same or better despite having nicer looking cockpits and skins.

richydemars
4 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

From what I read, switching to deferred shading is supposed to increase performance in general.

So I would expect performance to be the same or better despite having nicer looking cockpits and skins.

From what i read, the switch can ruin the performance in VR with MSAA . Hope that ,in 1C , they are better coders than ED . In Kuban map, my GPU (1080ti) cannot accept more overload , and using a cheap AA like FXAA will be a no go .

=VARP=Ribbon
4 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

So, you're planning on living until you are 125? Damn!

Seriously, though. It all looks great. 

I'm sure we'll see it much sooner, il2 come a long way since Stalingrad release so i have faith!

Voodoo-BlackDog

Will you remove the scratches that are all over the canopy’s?  These were mainly well maintained aircraft mostly straight from the production line. I don’t see why the canopy’s would be this badly scratched 

• Upvote 3

richydemars
17 hours ago, richydemars said:

From what i read, the switch can ruin the performance in VR with MSAA . Hope that ,in 1C , they are better coders than ED . In Kuban map, my GPU (1080ti) cannot accept more overload , and using a cheap AA like FXAA will be a no go .

A very good feature , and very rare in game industry, is in-game sharpness in the options ,and it's very useful to get rid of the bluriness caused by TAA : this AA method is effective against shimmering in the scenery  . Deferred shading, TAA (tweakable in the config) and sharpening would be the perfect combo, it works remarkably well in Skyrim for instance .

But i think that the devs' know that better than me :)

Edited by richydemars

Having given up on it before, for the first time since the release of the new DM I took the P-47 out for a sortie on the Finnish Virtual Pilots Server after spending a week re-familiarizing myself with the aircraft, engine and supercharger operations.  It's a very satisfying aircraft to fly correctly.

My solo strike against a very well-defended arty emplacement, although not wisely planned or executed, wasn't the catastrophe it could have been thanks to the newfound ruggedness of the Jug.   In the one bomb run I was able to make, I got absolutely torn up by the AA defenses and limped away with a shredded airframe and wounded pilot, but this time the wings were still attached and the aircraft stayed in the air, the engine kept running longer than a few minutes, and I was able to trim it up to almost fly straight and barely maintain altitude, limping all the way back home while looking for landmarks through the shattered canopy.  Great flight and thanks to the Devs.

• Like 1

• Han unpinned this topic