PWCG Requires 64 bit java

PatrickAWlson

PatrickAWlson

From @Varibraun - moving it to its own thread

After reading above, found the 64 bit Java version - had to get past the big red download button that I kept clicking and into the "see all Java downloads" to find the 64 bit version (see below).  Got the 64 bit version and it opens fine now.  I will try to get some test missions in soon.

Here is what I was missing (in case it helps anyone else):

image.png.14a453ffe525bd907580f62df96da611.png

image.thumb.png.46dd2c4a1e980ec893bc283fe6342560.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
PatrickAWlson
39 minutes ago, flyinj said:

That did the trick, thanks!

I guess the Flying Circus version works with the default Java download.

That would be really odd because they are the exact same code.  Only the inputs change.  Glad it's sorted though.

Thank you PatrickAWlson.

I am replying here to my post elsewhere [regarding my confusion with PWCG and JGSME] to thank you for pointing out that I may not have 64 bit java.

indeed I did not! Downloaded it now and have access to PWCG again. Have not got it working quite right but that will be my fault and so won't bother anyone just yet!

Can I just say it's marvellous what you are doing.

PatrickAWlson

The 64 bit Java thing is pretty annoying.  In this day where almost everything is 64 bit I'm kind of scratching my head as to why Oracle chooses to bury it the way that they do.  Glad it's working.

• 2 weeks later...

Downloaded the latest version and despite having latest Java installed the app wouldn't work. Originally I used the web downloader and it looks like it's downloading the 32 bit version for some reason. Uninstalled it and installed the 64 bit version and it works now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Might be useful to add this to the original "Get PWCG here" thread. Took me quite a while to find this thread.

PatrickAWlson
1 hour ago, Nekhebu said:

Downloaded the latest version and despite having latest Java installed the app wouldn't work. Originally I used the web downloader and it looks like it's downloading the 32 bit version for some reason. Uninstalled it and installed the 64 bit version and it works now. Thanks for pointing this out.

Might be useful to add this to the original "Get PWCG here" thread. Took me quite a while to find this thread.

It is linked at the top of the first post on that thread.