Han

Game version 4.005 discussion: New airframe damage model

So much to take in !! So much work done by you guys ! It's amazing. Big thanks and keep it up ! 🏆❤️

So excited to try this that I may just have to see if it runs on my work laptop!! 

What a changelog, while I can't speak to how it plays I can clearly see the time and effort you've put into this.

Posted (edited)

And just when I was about to go to bed for the night. This is amazing, thank you so much! Quick flight: I intentionally dragged a wing on landing and it "bent" 10/10! Excited to play more tomorrow and maybe get back to flying my childhood favorite the P38

Edited by driftaholic

I've owned this series for about 2 years now and still, the Dev Team succeeds in making it stay feeling shiny and new!  Excellent work! 

• Upvote 4

Wow quite the impressive list!

Big congrats to the Team!

Especially in delivering this large update during today's incredibly tough times.

Impressive update list.

However, I can't understand why we haven't had the soggy ground fixed in FC yet, at least give us a useable AF strip in the ME.

Surely that's a higher priority than say 100. An incorrect flare visual effect on the Fokker D.VII wingtips has been fixed.

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

Fantastic guys!  Outstanding job!!

Thanks for this HUGE improvements and enhancements

Posted (edited)

Great ..!!  great news . Thank you for yet again all your hard-work . 

Looks like hit sounds now in cockpit . Thank you . !

Edited by KoN_
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I just finished reading the list of updates, changes and fixes (it took a while.....🙂   )

What an incredible set of improvements. (I'm really looking forward especially to the DM changes).

A big thank you to everyone concerned for all the work that has gone into this. 👍

edit: download speed seems ok too

Edited by kendo

Thank you guys! Now give Petrovich a cookie...or beer...or whatever he wants! 

• Upvote 1

Wow, I didn't expect to see anything like that on a Wednesday. What a nice surprise!

You guys (and gals) are Rock 'n Roll! :good:

That's some heavy duty technological meat on the bone.

Thanks. :cool:

Thank you again for your hard work.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

135. VR zoom can be made instantaneous if the default speed gives you nausea - set the value of the vr_zoom_speed parameter to 1 (it is located in the camera section in data\startup.cfg file);

Also many thanks for this addition!

• Upvote 1

Mind boggling amount of work done

With amazing things coming in next update as well

Thanks to all involved 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

The update of dreams has finally released. At long last! Great work devs.

• Like 1

Thanks team! 

Stay safe everyone 

Very interesting update so far. After 4 quick flights in QMB - although there were no visual changes, the way the damage is reworked gives the impression that there was due to the more accurate damage placement.

Fuel vapor igniting - just had a very cool effect where a fighter venting fuel vapor was hit by a HE round that detonated the fuel vapor and the aircraft went up in flames.

At a glance it already looks much more complex. Looking forward to testing further.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Nice, very nice indeedy 😄

Thank you for the nice update.

but one thing maybe I do it just wrong but if I get the Binoculars with CNTL+5. I can’t put them back with the same buttons... 

can someone help me?

thx

Thats a huge update.  Do the new damage calculations also include the Flying Circus aircraft at this time?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow, that's what I call a change log! Can't wait to try it out after work tonight.

Is the new model damage is only for multiplayer or also for singleplayer?
I was a bit confused by last developer diary because they always mentioned multiplayer.

3 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Thats a huge update.  Do the new damage calculations also include the Flying Circus aircraft at this time?

Should do. It’s been asked and said many times before that the new damage modelling is going to cover all 50-something aircraft in the game.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yes, FC is included.

4 minutes ago, Zeev said:

Is the new model damage is only for multiplayer or also for singleplayer?
I was a bit confused by last developer diary because they always mentioned multiplayer.

It's for both. Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, MrFies said:

Thank you for the nice update.

but one thing maybe I do it just wrong but if I get the Binoculars with CNTL+5. I can’t put them back with the same buttons... 

can someone help me?

thx

Ctrl+~

The old 'put out the flare gun' command.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

51. The armor penetration ability and damage of projectile increases if the resulting impact velocity exceeds the muzzle velocity of a projectile in the reference test data;

that's pretty cool. Can't wait to test this!

Just had a very quick QMB mission. Noticed the change below. Cool.

31. The visual intensity of a fuel, oil, and coolant leaks now corresponds to the actual severity of a leak closer;

• Upvote 1

Giant update! Thank you, development team. Especially impressive given the conditions everyone is working under in today's world.

The VR snap-zoom is very useful, thank you! Feature request (you knew it was coming!) -- may we zoom to a higher magnification in VR, in some future patch?

• Upvote 5

That is a beefy update! I'm really looking forward to the results of this in particular:

22. The modeling of the combat damage of the piston engine crank gear became more detailed and takes into account the engine type (for instance, the damage of the crank gear of the air-cooled engines happens more rarely than crank gear of the liquid-cooled engines) and the peculiarities of the armor penetration, blast and fragmentation effects of the munitions. The damage of the crank gear can cause the wedging up and seizing up of the crankshaft while the heavy momentary incurred damage can cause the immediate stop of the crankshaft;

23. It is now possible to damage one or several engine cylinders at once by weapons fire, reducing its power output. Damaged pistons can affect the crank gear and can be accompanied by oil and coolant leaks. The calculations of the incurred damage and leakage values take into account the type of the engine and the peculiarities of the armor penetration, blast and fragmentation effects of the munitions;

It seems to me that this will make radial engines less fragile, and also put you in situations where your engine is damaged but not dead, and enable you to nurse a plane back on fewer cylinders. 

The damage modeling is the star of the show but I am glad to see bugfixes around the missing hit sounds, as well as sound improvements in general.

Thanks a trillion! I knew you could make it :)

This is going to be great for this next confined days.