AnPetrovich

Developer Diary 243 - Discussion

7 minutes ago, AnPetrovich said:

Hi, pilots!
And hi gasoline cowboys! :bye:

Today I will tell you about changes in the new damage model (DM), which we are preparing for release in the near future. Daniel already mentioned it briefly in previous diaries, and now it is time to talk about the new DM in more details.

At the end I'd like to accompany this boring long-read text with some interesting pictures. Here are the first WIP screenshots of the first Battle of Normandy aircraft - P-47D-22 Razorback. It's a big deal since this is the first time we show you something from this newest project:

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18
  • Upvote 8

Hats off to you guys. What a team. Great stuff!!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for elaborating, I think it's going to make a huge difference in combat gameplay.

Also, that razorback is looking mighty good!

Very impressive! Thanks guys.

Thanks for your great effort!!!!   Better Damage Model ,  cant wait.

Hope our ME `s no longer splash like glass by one hit 

• Haha 1

Sounds like a good re-balancing of weapons to damage. As I cannot hit the broad side of a barn it won't affect me except how fast I get shot down. That's very fast in case anyone's wondering.

• Haha 3

That's a great read and also, awesome details on the way! Thanks Team

• Like 1

That's pretty hardcore on the fine details. Very impressive. 

Not boring at all. Thanks for all the information. Really looking forward to the new upgraded DM!

The Razorback P-47 is looking great too.

Was a bit boring for me at some points :) but I'll take boring details 100 times over empty commercial talk so thanks a lot for sharing all this.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

FM and DM are priority in combat hardcore sim so Im very pleased with the news. 👌

• Upvote 1

This is just the long boring text I wanted to read! Great job guys! can't wait to see the results!!

A wall of text AND WIP of the P-47D-22?
It's not my birthday until June, guys, you didn't have to do all this for me!

New DM sounds like its going to be a big change, I can't wait to see how it works in-game. 

• Haha 1

i think i cant become boried reading more about DM

I imagine your news, with some image attachaments about new efects , tables about streng of materials , etc, etc, only a bit taste of all the data you are manage.... really , on this area,  great part of your work and effort, is dont show on this Dev Diares, they need more recognition.

Thx for your dedication. Your are great.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the new DM implementation. Thanks team.

Posted (edited)

Can't wait for the new DM and I really can't wait for the D-22.

Such a beauty. Nice to see the Hamilton and the standard mirror instead of the spit mirror.

P47D22_1.jpg

I also notice it's missing the armored glass, I know it's WIP. Is this gonna be a mod option even though it was standard on the D-22?

P47D22_4.jpg

Edited by Legioneod

Thanks for the great update. While I maintain you guys have the best DM in the industry, tweaks like these are sure to keep and maintain that reputation. Lots of hard work on this looks like it's about to pay off in a big way. Can't wait to check it out!

Some people call me a gasoline cowboy

Some call me the gangster of bombs
Some people call me Maur-- *shrieking sounds as my airframe tears to pieces around me*

• Haha 2

Dear@AnPetrovich,

Firstly thanks very much for the diary, it is exciting to see these improvements!

Secondly, is armour plate taken into account in the new DM, for example, in the current model, it is possible to kill the pilot from dead six in a 109 or il2 with 303/7.62mm bullets, despite the armour plate/glass for the pilot?

Great read! Cant wait for this, it will be epic.thanks

is it possible in next review/improvements of the DM to have pneumatic/electric malfunction of the undercariage? Im waiting patiently fo this for years🤐

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

That’s my kind of update 😀  I didn’t see any mention of incendiary ammo, API specifically.  Have you made any changes to how it interacts with the damage model?

PS love the razorback jug!

How unique!  Developers that listen to the complaints of those who purchase their products and then fix them. That's why this is the greatest sim out there. Congrats to the whole team for a great job that just keeps getting better. 

• Upvote 5

Awesome news. Looking forward to try it out!
Thanks devs!

Great read. Now I am more curious to the nitty gritty technical details of the newly created system :P

Looking forward to the effect it has on the different planes as well as how this is developed further.

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

It is great to see the effort is still being made to improve core elements of TGBS. If it works correctly, this can only deepen the immersion. The Razorback looks quite good, and I look forward to flying it. Now if you guys could just do some more with the AI logic. I know it is a WIP, but please, please, please stop the AI from chasing me all the way to my Aerodrome like a Terminator suicide bot. Thanks for what you are doing, and keep up the good work.

S!Blade<><

Great news. It was fun to read them and overall I'm very pleased to see how many changes and details the new model will offer. I am also happy about the named changes to the engines, which will hopefully be dealt with even more in the future, as it is no fun to crash hopelessly with a Jug or 190 when you get a hit by a few MG rounds and your engine fails after a short period of time completly.

And the Jug looks wonderful, can't wait to see heir operational ingame 😄

Wow, sounds interesting. Can't wait to try it.

As I read on ru forum that there might be a chance (distant plans) to do the tires damage .

I wonder if there would be such chance  to add propeller damage  due to bullet impact ?

2 hours ago, AnPetrovich said:

At the end I'd like to accompany this boring long-read text with some interesting pictures.

(...) this boring long-read text (...)

2e0189b406b426f20a62bd0247e4f1a2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks for making continuous improvements to existing sims in order to enhance their realism. Few studios do that so it is really appreciated.

I hope this new damage modelling change will make P-47 more robust and German mine shells more destructive (among other things), without negatively impacting the framerate.

I can't help but wonder how much more load this will demand from our computers.  Every design decision, no matter if it's in automotive, aviation, or computer gaming is a juggling of compromises.  We all want better, well, everything, but that comes with costs.  How much will this needed improvement impact our ability to run the Sim on our current gen PCs?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Are the FC planes included in this revision?

Edited by US213_Talbot