Floppy_Sock

Slip feedback

Hi @Andre

I would like to know if it would be possible to have slip added to the feedback outputs. I think this would be a fantastic way to keep flight coordinated. 

Is this something that could be added? 

Hi Floppy_Sock,

I'm not sure that would be good, but we've discussed that a bit here 

Feel free to add your opinion.

I was imagining putting one buttkicker in my seat under each leg. 

The left one activated with an output proportional to left slip and the right one activated with an output proportional to right slip.

Or vice versa depending on how it felt. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, Floppy_Sock said:

Hi @Andre

I would like to know if it would be possible to have slip added to the feedback outputs. I think this would be a fantastic way to keep flight coordinated. 

Is this something that could be added? 

I have had the same idea, and asked about it in other threads/forums.  Let me know if you ever figure anything out to make it work.

Some flight sim games (but not IL-2 GB) expose slip ball position in the telemetry, so that's possible to add and try it out.

But for me that's still arguable question. Please read a former real life combat pilot opinion regarding slip https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2012917&postcount=130

I hope Google translator will help you if you don't speak Russian.

54 minutes ago, Andre said:

Some flight sim games (but not IL-2 GB) expose slip ball position in the telemetry, so that's possible to add and try it out.

But for me that's still arguable question. Please read a former real life combat pilot opinion regarding slip https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2012917&postcount=130

I hope Google translator will help you if you don't speak Russian.

The translation is not very clear. Globally, he said that il will be better to make feedback of consequences of the slip ?

But anyway, I'm an ultralight plane pilot, and did never "feel" the slip with my butt. If you do not look the ball or outside to see your trajectory, you do not notice it (except of course when you push your rudder, but in this case this is an acceleration).

He said that neither slip (nor G-force) specific  feeling couldn't be reproduced by vibration pad and it didn't make any sense for him.

He advised to focus on the events that could be reproduced fine by the vibration: gun fire, touchdown, take off (vibration stops), landing gear up/down, etc.

Although we added some G-force based effects later :)

• Upvote 1

Makes sense.  I kinda assumed that it would be hard to replicate with the current hardware we have to work with.

10 hours ago, Andre said:

Although we added some G-force based effects later :)

Will these be new "events" in IL-2?

They already are.

On 3/22/2020 at 2:21 AM, Andre said:

They already are.

Great!  Can you tell me where I can find a full, up to date list of all the "events" for SimShaker?

I saw the list of "events" on the thread "SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users" but since it was posted a couple of months ago, I was wondering if there's anywhere that keeps an up to date list of them.