ATAG_Pattle

New TFS 5.0 Alpha testing battle - Halfaya Raid!

Latest Alpha testing release features new and constantly improving special effects and features, including dust, explosions and improved AI.

The explosions look great, and we are very happy with the look and progression of the dust effects.

All designed to further increase realism to the simulation.

All components showcased are still a WIP, and will be further improved on release. They are all coming along extremely well.

Ground assets will have desert paint schemes on release.

Hope you also enjoy the post production 'Newreel' effects at the start and end of the video.

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz is a realistic WW2 flight simulation based on the Battle of Britain. The forthcoming expansion will introduce the North African front and will take place in the period December 1940 to June 1942 in North Africa, and will extend the Channel Map order of battle from October 1940 to August 1941.

Cheers,

Pattle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

The fist shot of the wellington taking off was fantastic!

• Like 2

@ATAG_Pattle

Impressive guys, really impressive!

Did you already included the new weather & Clouds system?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

@ATAG_Pattle

Impressive guys, really impressive!

Did you already included the new weather & Clouds system?

Not in this video. Expect to have that in a not to far away update though 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The twitter updates need to be revamped a bit I think. "You" are tagging accounts that haven't tweeted or retweeted in some cases since 2011. Also some hashtags have no use, as nobody is using them.  Here is my unprofessional opinion after clicking on each of the included accounts / tags.

get rid of @bestwargames - 9 tweets. 9 followers. Last tweet Jan 2014.

get rid of @combatsim - 4 tweets. 16 followers. Last tweet Apr 2011.

get rid of @flightsimnews1 is slightly better with 166 followers, but they haven't posted since May 2019.

keep @flightsimcom - ok this one is actually a good choice. and it looks like they're posting about you & they have 10k followers.  It doesn't look like they're following you though, so keeping them in the loop is a good thing.  Maybe follow them and try to get a follow back?

keep @TheFSNetwork - also a good choice, with 3k followers. It doesn't look like they're following you though, so keeping them in the loop is a good thing.

@checksix_gaming - they are following you & posting about your updates.

@stormbirdsblog - they are following you & posting about your updates.

tags

get rid of #ww2aircraftsim - nobody uses it, you're the only one to ever post to it.

get rid of #airbattles - very low post count

get rid of #ww2sim - not much happening there

keep #flightsimulation & #flightsim

add #il2sturmovik - lowish post count, but has a history and is also relevant.

Please do not take any offense.  I just want you guys to do good, and get noticed by all the flight sim people out there for all the great work you're doing for Cliffs.  The notes above are simply what I've taken a look at over a cup of coffee this morning. Loving all the updates, looking forward to the next one!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really liking the sound effects. The subtle far away echo overlay really gives a feeling of being part of the environment.

:salute:

skud

• Like 2

Have to be the sounds in the flight sim world  🤩

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

I long for the desert, to follow the path of my forefathers, to again experience the light and sounds of that environment like never before. :thank_you:

Oh yes, great film, I love these glimpses into the future.;)

Love the Wellington take of scene as well, good to see it not used as target practice for once.:drinks:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 2

I really like watching the aircraft come in to land... it feels real.

• Like 1

I hope they will get some africa korps uniforms, also better models than ones from 2011 would be really nice to see :)