SCG_motoadve

Now you can get feedback from G forces in Il2.

Something discussed at length, is that we blacked out in the sim because we cannot feel the Gs, which is true, some people proposed a G meter, which IMHO will feel and look arcade.

Now with the latest update and Sim Shaker support, there is a solution to get feedback from G forces , and is not visual, you feel it.

Sim Shaker with Buttkicker or Jet Seat will give you feedback when pulling G forces.

Works real good, have flown the last couple of hrs in Quick combat and  never blacked out thanks to this, its a great solution.

I know not everyone can afford it but its not too expensive really.

You also get engine rumble, hits, landing gear, flaps,  runway roll, adds a lot to immersion.

Get Sim Shaker and  your Buttkicker with 25% off 

Or get Sim Shaker and Jetseat.

https://andres.shop/software/28-simshaker-wings.html

@SCG_motoadve  Does the wing program work in IL2 like the simshakers for aviators works in DCS?  I mean do you get G effects as well as landing, rolling, Damage,  guns and such? I use his software Wheels and Simshaker for Aviators and really can't fly without it anymore. At the moment I'm just using my Jetseat in sound mode ....better than nothing but it doesn't hold a candle to Simshaker for Aviators.... S~

Found this on the blog ...I have to get it....... using bannana meter  to get the sound to push out to the Jetseat at the moment and its kind of a pain in the ass ...definitely going for this ...thanks for the tip off! 

Currently available effects: Engine Shake, Flaps (Movement), Landing Gear (Movement & Lock),  Gun Fire, Stall/Aerodynamic Shake, Speed AirBrake, G-Force, Payload Discharge (Bombs & Rockets), Ground Bumps, Damage, Rolling and Pitching Motion.

Edited by HellCat_

5 minutes ago, HellCat_ said:

@SCG_motoadve  Does the wing program work in IL2 like the simshakers for aviators works in DCS?  I mean do you get G effects as well as landing, rolling, Damage,  guns and such? I use his software Wheels and Simshaker for Aviators and really can't fly without it anymore. At the moment I'm just using my Jetseat in sound mode ....better than nothing but it doesn't hold a candle to Simshaker for Aviators.... S~

Yes now Sim Shaker is supported by IL2, you can use your Jet seat.

Agreed once you get this , its hard to fly without it.

This is what you need as far as software.

https://andres.shop/software/28-simshaker-wings.html

Please forgive my dumb question in advance, but for those of us not familiar with this stuff... How does something that shakes and vibrates in your seat, simulate G-forces? 

Does it squeeze your buttocks or something?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Please forgive my dumb question in advance, but for those of us not familiar with this stuff... How does something that shakes and vibrates in your seat, simulate G-forces? 

Does it squeeze your buttocks or something?

it indicates an increased stress on the airframe signaling thru your butt to your brain that may be you should ease up on the stick.. 😄

16 minutes ago, Count_de_Money said:

it indicates an increased stress on the airframe signaling thru your butt to your brain that may be you should ease up on the stick.. 😄

Yeah but what kind of signal?  That's not... that's not what the banana thing that HellCat__ mentioned is for,  is it??  😨

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Haha 3

This might have been helpful on my morning flight - I popped the wings off my Mustang pulling up from a strafing run.  I never had that happen before unless there was combat damage, but I had made quite a few diving attacks and tunnel vision inducing turns, so maybe I had overstressed something.

1 minute ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Yeah but what kind of signal?  That's not... that's not what the banana thing that HellCat__ mentioned is for,  is it??  😨

Maybe it chokes you so you really get the sensation of fighting for your life and losing consciousness.

6 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

thru a gentle yet invigorating butt massage... vibration.. 

1 minute ago, Count_de_Money said:

thru a gentle yet invigorating butt massage... vibration.. 

We need to hook it up to those blood pressure cuffs so it makes it harder to manipulate the controls at higher Gs 😁

1 minute ago, Kataphrakt said:

We need to hook it up to those blood pressure cuffs so it makes it harder to manipulate the controls at higher Gs 😁

an interesting idea, actually.. 

I was watching the new "Lost in Space" series on Netflix with my kids and there was an episode where they were training/test the pilots how to take the G's of the spaceship accelerating from the planet. They didn't have a proper training facility so they rigged up a makeshift G simulation via the cord connected to the internal bulk doors that go "shhh".. and looped it around the pilot.. So when the doors opened up the pilot was constricted by the chord to the moment of total blackout..  :))  

I guess now we have the telemetry for G forces, so it's a matter of time someone rigs up a system with ropes, blocks, and arduino controlled motors to snap you back in to your seat and tie you up in a knot.. 😄

The real innovation would be a clench-o-metter.

The harder you clench, the more G's you can sustain :^) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

The real innovation would be a clench-o-metter.

The harder you clench, the more G's you can sustain :^) 

Unfair advantage for those of us with 2-hour commutes... I like it! :)

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Unfair advantage for those of us with 2-hour commutes... I like it! :)

dc commute is horrendous, I agree..

• Upvote 1

I really enjoy my VR HP Reverb and the Buttkicker Gamer 2 sounds interesting for my setup. Problem is that the company does not send to Denmark and it cost over 300 dollars in europe.  Bummer........ :(

Edited by 19te.Deafbee

1 hour ago, 19te.Deafbee said:

I really enjoy my VR HP Reverb and the Buttkicker Gamer 2 sounds interesting for my setup. Problem is that the company does not send to Denmark and it cost over 300 dollars in europe.  Bummer........ :(

You can build your own butt kicker. You need an amp and a pair of bass shakers. I've been using two 50W bass shakers under my chair with quite good results for the past year. It really improves felt low sound. I've got so used to it, that switching it to sim shaker output feels flat. So  I'm going to get another set to add sim the shaker effects (G-force and ground handling only).

Edited by ACG_crane

I asked about this somewhere else and I was told it's not a feature, but I would love if one day some type of system like this would help us feel side slip so that we can use rudder without necessarily having to look at the ball in the side slip indicator.

19teDeafbee 
I'm looking for a kind of that system too 
I have ordered the Jetseat - but it will take about 8-12 weeks before I'll get it 

You live about 40 km from me  , so if you not buy it yourself - your a patience man - your welcome to try it with me 

( Maybe a MP flight one day , and speak Danish 😁

On 1/26/2020 at 6:27 PM, ACG_crane said:

You can build your own butt kicker. You need an amp and a pair of bass shakers. I've been using two 50W bass shakers under my chair with quite good results for the past year. It really improves felt low sound. I've got so used to it, that switching it to sim shaker output feels flat. So  I'm going to get another set to add sim the shaker effects (G-force and ground handling only).

Thanks ACG_Crane I will look into that. 

On 1/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, Niiranen-VR said:

19teDeafbee 
I have ordered the Jetseat - but it will take about 8-12 weeks before I'll get it 

You live about 40 km from me  , so if you not buy it yourself - your a patience man - your welcome to try it with me 

Many thanks for your offer Niiranen-VR.  Thats nice of you. 

Yes lets fly together.....and speak danish.  ;)  

On 1/27/2020 at 1:26 PM, Niiranen-VR said:

19teDeafbee 

I did not see the Jetseat on the site untill now.....only the Jetpad.  I think I will order the GAMETRIX JETSEAT KW-901 myself.  I assume thats the one you also ordered?  

Edited by 19te.Deafbee

7 minutes ago, [JG.77]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

I don't need a Buttkicker. I have a wife for that 😎

:good:

I hear that!

12 hours ago, Niiranen-VR said:

19teDeafbee

This : https://andres.shop/jetseat/24-77-jetseat-sim-edition.html#/25-color-dark_olive/30-additional_software_included-none is the one I have ordered and then I'm sure it can work out with the software.

About the flytrip , we have to wait - I'm in rehab 🥴

My reverb is back at proshob for fix an issue 

We fly when your gear has returned from repair. 😎 I dont need the cut-out in the seat, so went with the GAMETRIX JETSEAT KW-901. 

45 minutes ago, 19te.Deafbee said:

We fly when your gear has returned from repair. 😎 I dont need the cut-out in the seat, so went with the GAMETRIX JETSEAT KW-901. 

Hmmmm , i have not seen this one , I guess it's the same ..somehow.....maybe 

I don't know whether I need the cut-out yet ...it's still my office chair... But I'm planning changing to a more stabil 'cockpit'  , ....so I'm not in a hurry ( I say to myself 😉

If 1C is willing to share the message content from this UDP output it will open the box for modders to write scripts that provide the same feedback without having to pay hundreds of dollars for software to control audio outputs. I hope that this message information is made public to the community to equate the playing field for those who want it. 

5 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

If 1C is willing to share the message content from this UDP output it will open the box for modders to write scripts that provide the same feedback without having to pay hundreds of dollars for software to control audio outputs. I hope that this message information is made public to the community to equate the playing field for those who want it. 

Sim Shaker is only $24 and totally worth it.

Certainly worth it if you want force driven feedback

I would like my own queues that 

1. aren't necessarily tied to a proportional audio signal

2. aren't necessarily audio at at all i.e. a visual stall / G indicators 

Edited by Floppy_Sock

On 1/30/2020 at 1:57 AM, Floppy_Sock said:

🤣