Andre

SimShaker - Wings support thread for IL-2 users

Hi guys,

Here you can get help with "SimShaker - Wings" related issues and questions.

SimShaker - Wings is a mediation software between a supported flight sims and Gametrix JetSeat, SimShaker JetPad or bass-shakers hardware to provide immersing event driven tactile feedback.

Well, SimShaker - Wings beta version 1.33 is published tonight (I live in GMT+4 time zone) featuring a set of effects for amazing "IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles" planes.

I've been dreaming about this night for years. Finally it's happened! I'm happy to provide you with a great set of tactile feedback effects for "IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles".
Currently available effects:

• Engine Shake,
  • Flaps (Movement),
  • Landing Gear (Movement & Lock),
  • Speed AirBrake,
  • Gun Fire,
  • Stall/Aerodynamic Shake,
  • G-Force,
  • Payload Discharge,
  • Ground Bumps, Damage,
  • Rolling and Pitching Motion.

I'm very grateful to "IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles" team for support and great telemetry data set they provided.

In order to make IL-2 game to send the telemetry via UDP, please, insert two sections in game “data/startup.cfg” file as below:

[KEY = motiondevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]
[KEY = telemetrydevice]
    addr = "127.0.0.1"
    decimation = 2
    enable = true
    port = 29373
[END]

2020-01-22_00-24-34.thumb.png.dd7774654e70096711a6bfee245fe85c.png

You can find the link pointing to beta version at the bottom of SimShaker - Wings User Guide.

Please pay attention to that  SimShaker - Wings base software provides Gametrix JetSeat and SimShaker JetPad support out of the box.

In order to get bass-shakers support you will want to use SimShaker-Wings option: up to 6 Bass-Shakers Support

Happy flying!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Andre, thanks for being so quick to visit.  It is indeed great news that Simshaker is now supported by IL2, it's been a long wait.

I purchased a jetseat from you a few years ago, to use while playing DCS,  I was very pleased with it , unfortunately trying to play DcS in VR eventually drove my PC to it's knees so I stopped playing DCS and went full time in IL2.

If I remember correctly the Jetseat used two programes, the Jet seat control panel  (Gametrix) and another that implimented and adjusted the effects in DCS.  Is this second program the one now written by f410 and do I need to purchase the license for the new SSA version ?  The version of Simshaker - wings that I downloaded from your Blog page is the trial version 1.27.  How do I update to 1.33 ?

On the Jetseat control panel, their is an advert for World of Tanks, does this imply that there are settings that work with tanks as well ?

Edited by HagarTheHorrible

Hi HagarTheHorrible,

yes, Gametrix Control Panel is needed.

You will need to buy a license for SimShaker - Wings.

SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 provide tactile feedback for some other flight sim titles.

World of Tanks had a native support for Gametrix JetSeat. I'm not aware if it's still supported in World of Tanks since I don't play it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Andre, just bought myself a copy of wings, which seemed to offer a slight discount, maybe because of the jetseat, so very happy. Looking forward to trying it out in IL2, it's been a long time coming 😁

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Thanks 1

Hello André

Bravo and thank you for this collaboration with the IL2 teams.

When can we get support for the réalteus?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Andre! Just started using Simshaker a couple weeks ago with a new buttkicker, for both IL2 and DCS, so I can definitely appreciate both your work and 1C's work to make this happen!

• Thanks 1

Finally! I've bought my GameTrix 3 years ago and now finally I can use it correctly. Before I just used the sound output so I had

a permanent grumble in my cockpit seat. And to have some minimal immersion I had to switch it on only after I was in cockpit

just before starting the engine, otherwise my seat would also grumble when I click the menu items and the theme music was off

of course...

And now I just made a test. Downloaded the beta software, switched the GameTrix control panel to USB mode, tweaked the

actuator's cues and gave it a go. I launched the game and jumped into BERLOGA... OH. MY. GOD! This is fantastic, a very

nice feature and very immersive... until I was shot at and took some damage... I completely freaked out and was scared to hell!

I didn't see him coming!

Had to tune down the damage cue a little bit (default is 100%!!!), because every time I got some hits I was shocked.

Thank you very much for your great work. Next, I'm going to buy my licence for the software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

Will this eventually support Realteus Forcefeel pad?

I hope so. Although Realteus theme has become painful for many of us, I hope that will finally happen. At least technically that's quite possible. If you were lucky to get your Realteus pad I think you would rather keep it but not throw away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

*edit* can a mod plz delete my post thx

Edited by PEZZALUCIFER
you can delete this one I found the info I needed :) thanks

Does the seat make a noise? My young dog isnt very keen on the Buttkicker so I tend not to use it.

7 minutes ago, DD_Crash said:

Does the seat make a noise? My young dog isnt very keen on the Buttkicker so I tend not to use it.

Can't speak for the JetSeat but I imagine it's much the same as the Realteus ForceFeel. It only makes a low *brrrr* sound. Bit like a massage chair.

Edited by kissklas

The Buttkicker can really rattle!

YES !!! It takes time but here it is.

The bad thing is that we have to purchase the  "SimShaker - Wings" instead of using the one provided with the gametrix...

But well, it seems worth paying again, that's a so expected feature.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD_Crash said:

No, the seat isn't that noisy - I have two Maine Coons and they hate noises like the door bell, vacuum cleaner, mixer etc. But they don't care

about my seat when using it, they are relaxed laying around next to me.

1 hour ago, c6_lefuneste said:

YES !!! It takes time but here it is.

The bad thing is that we have to purchase the  "SimShaker - Wings" instead of using the one provided with the gametrix...

But well, it seems worth paying again, that's a so expected feature.

Well, mate, it is absolutely worth it. I'm still testing my seat with the beta version (demo version), but I will definitely buy a licence for it.

And let me tell you, what I experienced with my tests until now, because it is not only a thing about immersion, no, it also helps you really

good when flying. Here is a small list of benefits:

- G-force effect: this helps you to fly your airplane clean and this cue also helps you to anticipate blackouts/redouts even before you

see the visual cue (grey tunnel vision/red tunnel vision). Having an enemy on your six, this will help you to evade and

control your evasive actions without loosing the control of your clean flight path. Very helpful indeed.

- Stall/Buffet: similar to the G-force effect, this helps you to prevent uncontrolled stall and is a good cue to help you when to deploy your

combat flaps if necessary.

- Engine shake: well, I don't have to say much about it. If you feel your engine shake, then you are advised to RTB and conserve your engine.

- Gear: when releasing the landing gear, you will feel the motion and locked down position.

There are some more effects and I need to fine tune them - as I mentioned already yesterday I had to tune down the damage cue because

per default it is 100% and I got really scared to hell, when I was hit the first time.

The gametrix software is not much of use, if you ask me. If you just want to relax and have a little massage, OK, but that's it. And if you

use the sound mode, your seat is going to rumble with every click you make, not to mention when you also have the game's music on etc.

It was bloody annoying and that's why I stopped using it.

Cheerio

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Andre said:

I hope so. Although Realteus theme has become painful for many of us, I hope that will finally happen. At least technically that's quite possible. If you were lucky to get your Realteus pad I think you would rather keep it but not throw away.

Thank you for that answer. I hope the support will come sooner (even if i have to buy a licence from you), because i was gonna sell it. So, i'm going to wait a little bit more, but i'm fade up that it picks up dust.

If you talk about realtus, i think you should wait that Il2 is supported, because we are a large number who have it, and who don't use it. Some have sell it. We are still waiting a software from realtus. At the begining we should had some licence of Andre Software, then, they do their own software, but if my memory is good, it's been almost one year.

So, if Andree can give us the compatibility, i accept to pay again the software.

At that time, do not buy Realtus until the support of Il2 is here.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Andre said:

J'espere. Bien que le thème Realteus soit devenu douloureux pour beaucoup d'entre nous, j'espère que cela arrivera finalement. Techniquement, c'est tout à fait possible. Si vous avez eu la chance d'obtenir votre pad Realteus, je pense que vous préférez le garder mais pas le jeter.

It does not depend on you only?

It seemed to me that gametrix and réalteus was the same manufacturer?

I know that unfortunately many are still waiting for their order, but I was lucky to receive it, but it is not without flaws ..... They were tight-fisted on the quality of the power cable ...

But it works and many of us would like to use it at last.

Thank you

Well. I ordered my Realteus Forcefeel seat almost a year ago and got a "ForceFeel - WINGS Edition (SimShaker Wings)" license with the package. So far that is the only thing I have received (the key to Simshaker Wings).

But - I recently got an email where Realteus claim that the seats should arrive in Europe on the 20:th of January and then ship to customers after that... So if support for Forcefeel for IL2 is included down the line that would be awesome. But no panic - I do not expect to get it in the near future anyway. Maybe this year at least?

I really should have ordered from Andre instead. Sigh... Liked the look of the Forcefeel better. Never go for looks on stuff like this.

So for clarity - SimShaker - Wings beta v.1.33 is not compatible with Forcefeel - but the "ForceFeel - WINGS Edition (SimShaker Wings)"  (SSWings_release_setup.exe) that I got a licence for is?

Edited by mazex

SimShaker-Wings keys issued and spreaded by Realteus are not valid until Realteus paid for the licenses. Realteus didn't pay so far.

Thus the only valid SimShaker-Wings license is that you buy in Andre's shop.

33 minutes ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

It seemed to me that gametrix and réalteus was the same manufacturer?

That is not correct. Realteus predecessor - Gametrix.eu was a Czech Republic reseller of Moscow-based Gametrix, but never a manufacturer.

37 minutes ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

It does not depend on you only?

Of course not. I'm not Realteus to take complete care of it.

Blah. I bought licenses for Simshaker Wings and for bass shaker addition. But I didn't receive activation code yet. Kind of expected to get it immediately. 

I don't want to play without this since the demo mode made quite a impression ☹️

Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

Andre,

awesome software, gave it a try yesterday. However, the engine shake doesn't make sense to me. I thought it would be a vibration of a "running" engine, however that's not what I experienced. When does the engine "shake" or "vibrate"?

I love the bass-shaker under my seat to feel the continuous running engine noise/vibration. It seems I still need to keep the "running engine" vibration via a separate bass-shaker (powered by game sound) and then add another shaker for the engine "shake" powered by Simshaker. Is that correct?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Andre said:

Have you checked your spam/junk folder?

It just arrived to email!!!! Woohooo!!!😀

1 hour ago, Andre said:

Thus the only valid SimShaker-Wings license is that you buy in Andre's shop.

But that one does not support Realteus? I have no problem paying for it if my Realteus seat really arrives...

Andre, as I’m sure you are aware, there are essentially three different sims, or games, within the umbrella of Il2 Great Battles, BoS/BoM/boK/Bobs WW2, Flying Circus WW1 and Tank Crew.  Would it it possible, in a future development of your (Wings edition, ironic if it also includes Tank crew) to split it into three separate profiles so that we can apply the relevant profile for the different BoX modules ?  Tank crew is the most obvious module that might need a different profile but even Flying Circus might benefit from different force strength settings compared to their WW2 brethren. 

17 hours ago, Andre said:

Bummer. Even if I buy Simshaker Wings from you, it will not work with Realteus? 😢

Yeah. That whole Realteus debacle really left a bad taste. So, is it the manufacturer who makes the Simshaker support possible?

Edited by BP_Lizard

Something I don't understand.

Simshaker aviator supports forcefeel, not simshaker wings.

Aviator and wings emanate from different developers?

I do not understand what he is blocking for the second.

10 hours ago, Count_de_Money said:

Andre,

awesome software, gave it a try yesterday. However, the engine shake doesn't make sense to me. I thought it would be a vibration of a "running" engine, however that's not what I experienced. When does the engine "shake" or "vibrate"?

I love the bass-shaker under my seat to feel the continuous running engine noise/vibration. It seems I still need to keep the "running engine" vibration via a separate bass-shaker (powered by game sound) and then add another shaker for the engine "shake" powered by Simshaker. Is that correct?

Good question.

I think we've got a completely new engine effect in SimShaker - Wings for IL-2 since it's based on Engines shake amplitude variable values I'm getting straight from the game.

I've found that it's relatively high when engine RPM is low and, vise versa, become relatively low when RPM is high. And it becomes very high when engine is damaged.

That is unusual for me but looks natural and corresponds to a visual cockpit shake I can notice in the game.

Hence I decided it worth trying to make it based on Engines shake amplitude as it comes from the game and listen for the users feedback.

I wonder do you use JetSeat or bass-shakers?

I mostly tested effects with the JetSeat.

• Upvote 1

Hi Andre,

Awesome job with this.

I just wanted to add my feedback about the engine shake. It took me a while to realize that it was behaving this way - at first try it felt counter intuitive and almost reversed from the way I expected it to be.  I like that the vibrations tell you about engine shake. The only problem for me is that at high RPM the shake is too minimal and the vibrations essentially disappear. So it feels more like on/off rather than higher/lower intensity. The other effects are fantastic, but it is a bit jarring when there is essentially no vibration during level flight and they suddenly start up during maneuvers. If there could be some way to have a stronger background engine vibration it could smooth the whole experience out a little I think.

I appreciate the efforts you do to make the Jetseat work well with so many games. Thanks!

Edited by Pudu
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HagarTheHorrible said:

Andre, as I’m sure you are aware, there are essentially three different sims, or games, within the umbrella of Il2 Great Battles, BoS/BoM/boK/Bobs WW2, Flying Circus WW1 and Tank Crew.  Would it it possible, in a future development of your (Wings edition, ironic if it also includes Tank crew) to split it into three separate profiles so that we can apply the relevant profile for the different BoX modules ?  Tank crew is the most obvious module that might need a different profile but even Flying Circus might benefit from different force strength settings compared to their WW2 brethren. 

Talking about the planes, multiple profiles are already supported in SimShaker - Wings. In order to check your concept I think you could save some more profiles as you want. Afterwards you can load any of them by using buttons "Change" in SimShaker - Wings Launcher or "Load..." at the 3rd SimShaker - Wings tab. I think we can discuss later if different IL-2 profiles loading worth automation.

Talking about the tanks support, I think it mostly depends on IL-2 team decision. As a tactile feedback enthusiast I would love to add it :)

8 hours ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

Yes.

Please note that SimShaker for Aviators by f4l0 is free to use with vibrating pads, but SimShaker - Wings is not.

8 hours ago, -IRRE-Axurit said:

Something I don't understand.

Simshaker aviator supports forcefeel, not simshaker wings.

I do not understand what he is blocking for the second.

I would say that general unclarity with Realteus present and future blocks.

We can see that you guys have a lot of questions about Realteus in mind. Me too.

Is Realteus alive or not? Will he ever finally pay me for the job done or not? How many users finally get their seats and when? How many users already have got thier seats in usable condition? And so on...

In such circumstances I think it's not surprising that I prefer to focus on more clear tasks, like adding support for another great flight sim title or producing my own SimShaker vibrating pads.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

@Andre : So, even if I buy the software from you, it still will not work with Realteus? 

I stand to be corrected but, No, I don’t think you are right.

As far as I can work out, Realteus sold THIER cushion with a copy of Andre’s software, without having purchased a license from Andre, so the Realteus provided keys won’t work, or be honoured.

That is NOT to say that if you bought Simshaker Wings, now, from Andre’s shop it wouldn’t work with the Realteus cushion.  As far as I know it should work perfectly, it’s really a case of Realteus trying to sell software to which it didn’t have any rights.

15 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

@Andre : So, even if I buy the software from you, it still will not work with Realteus? 

Currently not. I hope you realize that if you buy it alone it makes very little sense for me.

Andre' eeeeh about waiting 10-12 week for a jetseat Buying from you .....

If you work dubble time , you could be a rich man ......👍

( And I have me feel experience in about a month 😁

2 minutes ago, Niiranen-VR said:

If you work dubble time , you could be a rich man ......👍

Unfortunately I've found that I'm not healthy enough to work overtime for years :)

So, don't waste time and get in a queue now ;)

Follow up - 

If I order now - do I pay now , or when it's finished and ready to send