Sign in to follow this  
the_dudeWG

Recommended settings for Radeon Adrenalin

Hi, all. I'm trying to set up my new build with the best visual settings possible and I'm not all that familiar with AMD hardware and software, especially Adrenalin.

I have a Ryzen 5 3600X with a Radeon 5700XT. So far I'm pretty happy with my performance and graphics, but I'd like to know if there are any redundant or useless settings checked on that could be eating into my frames. I've yet to see my FPS drop below 75 - 80 in big, low altitude furballs over airfields, but this is using my monitor. I'm planning to use VR for SP action but I'd like to get my monitor settings dialed in before moving onto VR. If anyone can give me any advice on Adrenalin and what it does or doesn't do well or if there is anything I should change with any of my settings I would greatly appreciate it. Cheers!

Il-2 2020-01-18 19-32-54-94.jpg

2020-01-18 19_27_19-Window.jpg

2020-01-18 19_28_25-Window.jpg

2020-01-18 19_26_44-Window.jpg

S!

Some notes. In IL-2 settings get rid of: SSAO and HDR. Enable Sharpen instead(depending on how you like the Radeon setting). Put grass to Normal, a totally useless resource hog if you only fly and looks horrendous popping into view. In Radeon settings put off Morphological AA, blurs things unnecessarily. Bump up Texture Filtering Quality from Standard, I recall it has High Quality. I would consider using only one of the VSync options. If you have a FreeSync display then turn off Enhanced Vsync. Are you using VSR? If not, then turn it off. Otherwise I see no real issues. Hope this helped.

• Thanks 1

Thanks, @LLv34_Flanker!
I’ve tried with HDR off but everything seemed so dark to me. Maybe I’ll try it with different gamma settings. I will definitely try all of your suggestions. Cheers!

S! 

I calibrated my monitor brightness, contrast, color etc. in Windows first. In game I have Gamma at 1 and it is good. 

• Like 1