Posted (edited)

been following the development on this. Do not care much for the design on it. Meant for fsx, x plane small planes. But what caught my interest was the development team ambitions. It got great reviews. Looks like they attempt to get as high quality as possible without it being too expensive  

while I really like a yoko yoke, I cant really go that high in price since I most of the time are going to use my maxflight stick. No one seems to know how it works outside the X plane, fsx, p3d franchise I am hoping at least the buttons In Yoke works in GB like a Saitek yoke does. 
I will give a review when it arrives and I flown some havoc campaigns

Edited by No.322_LuseKofte

I think Pattle from the Team Fusion Team over in Clod is using one successfully in that game. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

There's no reason for this yoke don't work in any game that support joystick if are see under Windows Game Controllers.

But the guy there have problem with buttons in Bo'X' may due conflict with one of their other controllers.

He don't say if test only the yoke in Bo'X', first thing to do in case of issues with one peripheral. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/57253-new-honeycomb-yoke-for-p38-no-buttons-working-in-il-2/

Edited by Sokol1

I have this yoke, and pair it with a single Saitek/Logitech throttle quadrant when I fly the P-38, A-20, or Luftwaffe bombers.   All buttons & switches work well in IL-2 except for the engine selector switch on the far right side of the yoke housing.   It's OK though I don't need that switch in IL-2.

Best thing about the yoke is that it rotates 90 degrees in each direction, close to full travel in actual P-38 Lightning.  Cheaper yokes, like Saitek or CH Products, only rotate 45 degrees in each direction - not realistic for the P-38.   (I fly VR so its important to me to have controllers feel and perform like what I'm seeing in my headset.

Only complaint I have is it seem the push/pull travel resistance is higher than I expect.  Not a problem for the bombers but it does slow my maneuvers in P-38 somewhat.   Still, well worth the price ($250) for the extra immersion is provides with flying P-38 in VR. 

Also, the C-clamps provided to anchor the mounting base plate to the desk were *just* a bit too small for the thickness of my desk surface, therefore I couldn't use them.  The mounting plate comes with a super-sticky pad which holds fairly well, but since I switch back and forth between joystick and yoke, I chose to drill mounting holes into the surface of my desk and use screws to mount the base plate.  Easier to remove the screws than to keep peeling the base plate off the desk surface when I want to switch back to joystick.

I was planning fir using this mostly for bombers and JU 52. I got it and tested it yesterday. 
I found it to be very accurate, you do not get better smoothness among 1000$ range. 
I did react on the lightness in aileron movements compared to elevator. 
Elevator seems to me to be quite similar to real cessna resistance while in normal flight. The ailerons should have had more resistance in my opinion. I do not fly for easier I want realistic feel to it. But its smooth accurate controls made me forgive that. I am now rebuilding the pit so I can implement the yoke into it. 

• Like 1

Well I am almost finnish with my helicopter/ fighter/ transporter/ bomberpit. Testing this evening

BADE1D31-17E6-4757-976C-DB7AE23102B8.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

F99349E5-0C81-4845-98BC-5C00164452D3.thumb.jpeg.5ff62b96861b303b86876dffd882ae52.jpeg

integrated the yoke into the pit so it fit vr position of yoke. Need to lower my stick 2 cm or half a inch then I would say I am set. Pretty satisfied. The start engine key works to start up to 4 engines. A real smooth yoke. I was saving for a yoko yoke, but that honeycomb is a treat and a keeper

On 1/13/2020 at 8:07 AM, oboe said:

I have this yoke, and pair it with a single Saitek/Logitech throttle quadrant when I fly the P-38, A-20, or Luftwaffe bombers.   All buttons & switches work well in IL-2 except for the engine selector switch on the far right side of the yoke housing.   It's OK though I don't need that switch in IL-2.

Best thing about the yoke is that it rotates 90 degrees in each direction, close to full travel in actual P-38 Lightning.  Cheaper yokes, like Saitek or CH Products, only rotate 45 degrees in each direction - not realistic for the P-38.   (I fly VR so its important to me to have controllers feel and perform like what I'm seeing in my headset.

Only complaint I have is it seem the push/pull travel resistance is higher than I expect.  Not a problem for the bombers but it does slow my maneuvers in P-38 somewhat.   Still, well worth the price ($250) for the extra immersion is provides with flying P-38 in VR. 

Also, the C-clamps provided to anchor the mounting base plate to the desk were *just* a bit too small for the thickness of my desk surface, therefore I couldn't use them.  The mounting plate comes with a super-sticky pad which holds fairly well, but since I switch back and forth between joystick and yoke, I chose to drill mounting holes into the surface of my desk and use screws to mount the base plate.  Easier to remove the screws than to keep peeling the base plate off the desk surface when I want to switch back to joystick.

When you fly the P 38 , or bombers and use the yoke , you need to uninstall the joystick from IL2 and then install the Yoke in IL2, correct?

I have tried to have both a joystick and a Yoke connected in IL2, so just use whichever I want on the fly, depending on the plane, but   it did not worked, I could only have or the joystick connected or the yoke, but not both.

Yes you have to change pitch and ailerons but that take two seconds

Just now, No.322_LuseKofte said:

Yes you have to change pitch and ailerons but that take two seconds

The problem for me will be to re program all the joystick buttons ever time I re install it.

45 minutes ago, SCG_motoadve said:

The problem for me will be to re program all the joystick buttons ever time I re install it.

No I use two different colums for buttons. I do not have to do anything other than change pitch and roll 

On 1/17/2020 at 7:00 AM, No.322_LuseKofte said:

Well I am almost finnish with my helicopter/ fighter/ transporter/ bomberpit. Testing this evening

BADE1D31-17E6-4757-976C-DB7AE23102B8.jpeg

What throttle is this?