JPVann

New Honeycomb Yoke for P38 - No Buttons Working in IL-2

Hi - My go to plane is the P38 in Bodenplatte, have a new Honeycomb Aeronautical Yoke with 35 buttons on it and want to use it.   

I can get the Pitch/Roll working, my pedals working and Thrustmaster throttle working.  However NONE of the key bindings for buttons on the Throttle or Yoke will respond.  Tried VJoy, everything calibrates and responds in Windows, everything picked up in Settings but Not Working in Game.

Strangely not a lot of help on line for this issue.  I have IL-2 installed separately and linked under Steam.  Issue is the same whether I start in IL-2 or Steam.  Nothing I have tried gets buttons to respond EXCEPT a key binding I made for Flaps - go figure.  No errors, problems otherwise - works perfectly in XPlane and MSFS. 

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,

Merry Xmas

From Simware reseller (AeroFly):

Compatible with:

• Flight Simulator X
  • Prepar3D
  • XPlane 11
  • Flight Sim World

I contacted the reseller (Aerosoft - Europe) and they told me that the throttle quadrant should be compatible with every flight sim.

If you go on download page of Hneycomb, you will see some drivers for the mentionned flight sim and not for others.

Best thing is  to contact Honeycomb directly to see if you need drivers for these other flight sims.

Good Luck

15 hours ago, JPVann said:

I'm not using a Steam Controller.....

Happens that if "generic gamepad" is ticked in Steam settings (by default is), may prevent that games installed through Steam interface see other joysticks correctly.

This Yoke appear in Windows Game Controllers (joy.cpl)?

Could happens that buttons work with a kind of keyboard emulation or plugin (like Saitek panels) so need manufacurer specific software for supported games, example Plane 11 integrated the latest Honeycomb software, for MS FSX is need install software.

https://flyhoneycomb.com/drivers/

But if buttons appear and respond to test in Windows Control Panel - Game Controllers (joy.cpl) should work in any game that support joystick.

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks all - contacted Honeycomb and they responded immediately that this is going to be an IL-2 software issue.  Everything works as it should in joy.cpl so I have to assume it's a game issue.  

Will keep trying to see what I can figure out - see if any of the 3rd party programs help!

Warthog operator here. I find that some buttons can be set in the keybinds of the game. The toggle switchtesvon the throttle I need to program with the Target-software provided by Thrustmaster. I take it that Honeycomb is not providing programming software?

3 hours ago, JPVann said:

Thanks all - contacted Honeycomb and they responded immediately that this is going to be an IL-2 software issue.  Everything works as it should in joy.cpl so I have to assume it's a game issue.  

Will keep trying to see what I can figure out - see if any of the 3rd party programs help!

Since the yoke work as normal DX joystick for Windows, can try rename the files (in ...Il-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\data\input):

current.actions

current.map

devices.txt

This will reset all assignments and make the game detect controllers again.

For keyboard emulation: DX butons send key press, can use Joystick Gremlin, tht have the need "delay/pause" funcion required for Bo'X key combos (e.g. LAlt+A).

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks Sokol1 - I have reset the game file to re-detect the game controllers and what weirdly happens is that a few other keys bindings on the Yoke will also suddenly start working, but not the majority on either it or the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle. No rhyme or reason I can see only things always consistent is that flap assignments on Yoke handle and throttle assignments always work 100%.  No other button /assignment works consistently if at all. 

This one is going to take some god old school sleuthing to figure out where the problem is.  Appreciate the suggestions! 

Edited by JPVann

@JPVann,

I've been eyeing the Honeycomb product line. I am seriously considering jumping in and getting the yoke and throttle as a package, once the throttle releases later this year, but then found this post.  Have you reached out to Jason and crew to see if they might know what might be causing the issues, or how to remediate them?  (Could the issue be USB bus related; as in too many controllers/devices hanging off the same USB bus and confusing IL2:GB?) 

Could you post here again when/if you get the bugs ironed out - or find a good workaround - in IL2 for the Honeycomb offerings? 

It would be just really sad if such a well-built piece of kit could not be supported in the only sim I fly.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:55 AM, JPVann said:

Thanks Sokol1 - I have reset the game file to re-detect the game controllers and what weirdly happens is that a few other keys bindings on the Yoke will also suddenly start working, but not the majority on either it or the Thrustmaster TWCS throttle. No rhyme or reason I can see only things always consistent is that flap assignments on Yoke handle and throttle assignments always work 100%.  No other button /assignment works consistently if at all. 

This one is going to take some god old school sleuthing to figure out where the problem is.  Appreciate the suggestions! 

How many devices do you have listed in your devices.txt? Any more than 8 and you will run into controller issues.

S! 

IL-2 does not recognize over 64 buttons. My controller setup requires Joystick Gremlin and vJoy to fully use them all. 

Is that a total 64 button limit across all devices, or per device?