Rise of Flight stll worth it?

jollyjack

NO.20_W_M_Thomson
8 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

If FC2 or any other FC volumes has a new map or planes NOT in Rise of Flight, I'll buy it.

I think we'll be getting most of if not all the planes that were in ROF, Takes a bit of work creating new planes, modeling, texturing, rigging, In order for them to get it done in a half decent time they'll need to import all they have from ROF which I'm fine with as long as they add a few new planes, But what we really need next is large bombers. 

I wonder what local predictors of the future use to prophesy about FCs.  Could it be a crystal magic ball?  Chicken offal?  Or maybe cow shit?  :-)))

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Imagine if they advertised, they may be surprised at how many are looking for something like this. 

In one of his TS Q&A sessions, I heard Jason say quite clearly he has no marketing budget.

Notice the calls....pleas really...to buy FC to support the devs and partners so they can continue the project further. 

Red_Von_Hammer
5 hours ago, emely said:

I wonder what local predictors of the future use to prophesy about FCs.  Could it be a crystal magic ball?  Chicken offal?  Or maybe cow shit?  :-)))

*friendly warning* You mean like when I pre-secured my 6 by stating "I think", "My bet is" without making any definite bets? hmm? hmmmmm?  :)

Someone started a poll for introducing singular aircraft/map purchases as a future FC business model, in the lines of RoF.
IMO not a bad idea, starting with what worked for RoF and build from there.
Get the planes and maps in, then cooperate with P.W for career as usual (until then, we have his generator).

• Haha 1

PatrickAWlson
On 1/23/2020 at 7:39 PM, emely said:

How about posts from the project manager

When it comes to who plays a WW I flight sim I remember somewhere that the figures were 9 people off line for every 1 online. A lot of people like the career. Me too. RoF has a well built and fleshed out career.  

At this point FC is lacking a built in career. Pat Wilson has made the move to FC and done a great job. I know Jason likes to keep 3rd party stuff as a mod.   In this case I think it would be well worth it to build Pat Wilson's career system into the game so that it is easy to use. A built in career could create a wider appeal even with FC's limited plane set.

Edited by JG1_Butzzell
  • Upvote 3

12 hours ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

When it comes to who plays a WW I flight sim I remember somewhere that the figures were 9 people off line for every 1 online. A lot of people like the career. Me too. RoF has a well built and fleshed out career.  

At this point FC is lacking a built in career. Pat Wilson has made the move to FC and done a great job. I know Jason likes to keep 3rd party stuff as a mod.   In this case I think it would be well worth it to build Pat Wilson's career system into the game so that it is easy to use. A built in career could create a wider appeal even with FC's limited plane set.

I totally agree. 100%. Absolutely. However, I do believe Jason is considering incorporating The Syndicates' mini-campaign (and possibly a full campaign if they are willing) into FC. That's a start. And a very welcome one.

But yes, a career should attract more players and sales, particularly if the stats above (9-1/Off-On) are anywhere near ball park. But who knows, I don't have a crystal ball or even emely's cow [edited] to make a call. But it seems a no-brainer to me. But then there's staff, money, time, other projects blah blah blah etc etc and so on and so forth …..

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Language