easyla

My first Video Attempt :)

Hey guys.

Long time no see, fellow pilots. I want to be honest with you, im a total noob at Sim Flying and in Conten Creating. But im having a blast doing it!

I made a Montage/Tribute to IL2:BoS and i want to share my first Version (Not finished) with you! I really would appreciate some criticism. Tell me what you like and what you dont.

Be aware that this "film" is in no way historically accurate or does make a lot of sense. It's just shots from planes i like in a Montage.

Have fun guys, enjoy and give me some feedback!

Much appreciate it

easyla

***FINISHED PRODUCT*** [SWASTIKA VISIBLE!!!]

Keep in mind that this is my very first attempt in Content Creating like this. I appreciate criticism! :)

I know here and there are little flaws, i will do better in the future!

easyla

Edited by easyla
  • Like 3

Hello - looks like you are off to a good start!

What programs are you using to record?

3 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Hello - looks like you are off to a good start!

What programs are you using to record?

Hello Cujo!

Thank you very much, means a lot! :)

Im using the ingame recorder to record the whole flight and then i use nVidia Shadowplay to record the scenes i want. I really recomend it - but i think you have to have a nVidia Card to be able to run it.

I uploaded my progress on YT and will share it soon!

stay tuned and thx for the feedback

easyla

2 hours ago, IckyATLAS said:

Good start! If possible try to publish at least in HD format.

Hey Icky!

Thanks man! :)

Yea when im finished (about 3:30min long video all in all) then i will definetly publish it in HD. I hope I get no trouble because of the music...

I uploaded my progress on YT and will share it soon!

stay tuned and thx for the feedback

easyla

Hey Boys and Girls

Here is my second Video - which is slightly better in my opinion. More action, shorter and a little bit of a "story".

Enjoy and share your thoughts!

easyla

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On second movie, well done, some thoughts, plus and minus. These obviously reflect my own preferences

+ Edited to soundtrack

+ Extra + as sound track is not moronic thrash metal ;) 

+ Good use of camera angles

++ Implicit narrative

+ Avoids use of multiple 1st person POVs (Films that show/tell you who is the 1st person can use that one).

- Bland corporate style intro section, much too long for short film

- No proper title: "Catching a Train" or whatever

- No music credit

It is quite hard to get people here to watch IL-2 movies, IMHO, partly because there are so many of them and partly because they tend to be either similar "Look at me mom, I am an ace" MP films, or look like commercials. The people whose films are popular tend to have an angle of some kind - humour, novelty and being blonde all seem to help build an audience.

I hope this is seen as constructive: you certainly are getting the essentials down well, so I hope you can find a distinctive voice if you continue your film making. 

Brilliant stuff Easy. If that's yer start then the future looks bright (not orange!!).

I'd pretty much agree with what @unreasonable says mostly.

Both the pieces are brilliantly edited to the soundtrack which helps the viewer a massive amount (without them even knowing!).

Great absence of generic Metal Muzak. The inclusion of which does NOTHING for any project at all in my humble opinion although some of the genre CAN be okay!

The intro... yeah, it IS a bit long for such a short film. There's a really good guideline in things such as this. Introduce - GET there - Do the stuff - Get out. I dunno if that makes any sense as a guide for a storyboard? 'Do the stuff' should be the longest and most action-packed bit and all the others pretty much equal in length.

As for the practical side of things?

It's always a great idea to capture the replay at 1/2 speed and then double it up in the edit. That way if you're doing stuff like manual tracking of subjects then it's easier to do it without getting framelag (NOT that you do, just sayin').

When you're on the ground (presumably using F11?) and you want to track, say, a takeoff... Hit Right Shift+F8 and it'll do it for you and MUCH smoother than you can yourself (again, not tthat you have).

In the final render (in fact during your edit as well) give 21:9 aspect ratio a go as it covers pretty much ALL the monitors out there and you get a great Widescreen. Render in H264.

Capture.JPG.5d86d63a685cea2e87107a918e46fe4f.JPG

Forget about the Data rate and Bitrate (they tend to do their own thing) but the other dimensions are pretty good to aim for.

I hope this helps some?

Rap

:popcorm:

Edited by Raptorattacker

I'm liking what you did. I too am a noob.  Is there a tutorial on how to do this kind of recording? I'm not a computer whiz, I'm an old fart that is seeing what my Dad went through. (P-47 pilot, 36th Fighter Group, "Easy's Angels".)

Thanks, and keep it up!!😃

Edited by Knarley-Bob