Hey Gents

If someone has a couple of good fighter / bomber templates for mission making is there a chance you might share those. thanks in advance

11 minutes ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Hey Gents

If someone has a couple of good fighter / bomber templates for mission making is there a chance you might share those. thanks in advance

Already been done. Look in last page of “The Groups Sharing Topic” pinned above within this forum for “Tips Combat Box” topic and download the group.

Has both.

Good Luck with you mission designing.

Tip

Thanks I DL'ed them but have no idea how to use them, plus I need something for the Rhineland map..

Edited by 361st_Bugsy

17 minutes ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

Thanks I DL'ed them but have no idea how to use them, plus I need something for the Rhineland map..

???

The download topic as well as the read-me included has installation instructions to your Games Templates folder.

The Template Group itself was created On the Rhineland Map.

Are you familiar with how to load groups, scenery, bridges etc for a specific Map into your mission within the Mission Editor?

Sorry Tip that’s what I meant, Once I’m in the editor I have no idea how to use the groups

You have to know a little bit the editor to use groups form other. It could be a ready to fly group, but some need some adjustment to your own mission such as altitude, etc...

I do know a bit about how to use the editor but when dealing with the Groups files Im not sure on how to use them in game in the ME. Is there a tutorial on the groups files somewhere on how to add them to the maps?

As i said, if you don't know the basis, using a group from other mission builder will not help you.

4 hours ago, 361st_Bugsy said:

I do know a bit about how to use the editor but when dealing with the Groups files Im not sure on how to use them in game in the ME. Is there a tutorial on the groups files somewhere on how to add them to the maps?

Read the following in the editor manual:

• Save Objects, MCUs, and Groups (pg. 28)
  • Import Saved Objects, MCUs, and Groups (pg. 29)
  • Access Saved Objects, MCUs, and Groups in the Object Library (pg. 30)

As Habu mentioned, you need to know the editor basics to be able to use the groups in your mission. At the very least read through "Chapter 2: Learning Basic Mission Editor Skills".

Edited by JimTM

Good advice there from Habu and JimTM Bugsy.

Just to get you started for using Tips Combat Box Group or any other Group which is created for use on the Rheinland Map within the Templates Folder this would be the SoP:

Within the ME...

<Open> The Mission you want to use the Template on. In this case it should be one using the Rheinland Map.

<File>

<Import from File> Navigate to your Games >data >Template Folder

<Dbl. Lft. Click> Tips Combat Box Group. Wait for Group to Import.

<Lft. Click> Group to highlight it.

<Rt. Click> Set Group as Working.

The B-25 routine has been opened for you to view and/or customize for your needs.

*There is no need to do anything thing else at this point with the group if the mission is on the Rhienland Map and you are happy with the parameters of the Group. Bombers will activate at the 6 second mark and begin their flight to bomb Maastricht. Two 109 Ambushes are set up to attack stream along the way.

*However if you wish to perhaps have the bombers start later in the mission per se. Completely change the flight plan and/or the target, or wish to move and/or add ambushes to a earlier or later point within the mission. Once the Group is opened you would make those changes at this point.

Then:

<Lft. Click> Reset Working Group.

<File> Save.

Exit the ME and fly.

Here again I will second Habu's and Jim's suggestions for learning the ME. This is not an easy tool to create working missions and those that are proficient in its use have spent many hours becoming so.

Good Luck and Merry Christmas,

Tip

• Like 1

Thanks Im working at it but its really crazy to have all these timers and triggers and objective wp's etc etc etc. I am trying to figure this out but I wish this was a crap load easier for the user. Thanks though I appreciate your input and I am trying.

It's easy when you know what it does, but as you know nothing of the editor, it seems very complicated to you. And multiple links can frightened.