Sign in to follow this  
Gustaf

Attacking AAA Equipped Ships

Something about AAA equipped ships make them uber deadly. Not saying it's unreal, rather it's almost impossible for me to hit them when attacking alone. Dart put out this vintage video on the subject,  but I'd like to hear your input in the context of IL-2 GB.

• Like 1

Requiem posted this video on A-20 anti-shipping level bombing and skip bombing techniques where he demonstrates a weaving technique after the initial run (when the guns open up).

Gustaf. What type of aircraft were you using. A Pe2 should be able to kill a ship with 2 * 250kg bombs and survive. Maybe with some holes. 

If you get in quick before AA wake up and get a track on you . Once they are alert its best to fly of out of range and try again. 

• Like 1

TP_Jacko, I fly all types on the allied side. The Pe-2 dances great for a medium bomber and a well placed 250 kg/500 lb bomb does do the job.  I'm thinking there's no quick/easy answer except practice and practice laying bombs while doing the mambo.  Naval guns must be more accurate and powerful than the ground based ones.  I practice in the quick missions and there, the gunfire is heavier than that shown in Requiem's video. 

Should be noted though currently in game the largest thing you'll be shot at is a destroyer.