Han

Developer Diary 235 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,

Only one week has passed since the huge release, but we're already preparing for the next update. Of course, it won't be as massive - we can't do so much each month - but it will bring a number of important things nevertheless. As we promised, we're working on improving the overall quality of the product.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 5
  • Thanks 13
  • Upvote 4

Thanks! Adding new content and fixing/improving things is the way to go. That Phanter looks tasty :P

Thanks! Good progress! 

Send an email to Petrovich about the rudder falling off. Even though it is a rare bug, this shows that they take customer complaints seriously and take the time to even look into details 👍🏻 Way to go!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Nice! Nice!

I hope there be more singleplayer content for the TC.

At least missions for the new tanks not included in the recently released campaigns or please expand QMB for Tank crew.(attack village/defend village with tanks and antitank guns,

clash in the open field 12vs12 tanks)

Im playing some missions over and over again. I need more content.

....and the new map (with  destructable houses) for panther tank😉

• Upvote 1

Great news, the Su 122 looks fun, looking forward to trying it out, now that i finally have internet again :D (terrible 3 months) 

And i'm looking forward to the Panther as a christmas present :D

• Like 1

@Han

There is another very old bug: The smoke fading in and out bug 😁 It would be very very veeeery cool if you can fix this issue!

• Upvote 6

Great, especially looking forward for disappearing planes fix and AI improvements 👍

• Upvote 1

Great job guys, the SU-122 and Panther are sure to be fun toys for us.

Just one question: are droppable fuel tanks and at least Career mode fixes planned for the upcoming update or the one after?

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Always great to hear that the product keeps getting better and better!

Keep up the good work team!

Will the changes in “Turret Control” in tanks ( note: I’m not sure whether this has any effect for those of us using VR headgear...)mean that the planes with turrets like the ( especially) the AI B-25 ,we have already , a bit closer to being flyable? I do look forward to the planned release of the Hurricane et al , but the possibility of new flyable turret equipped mid-war “Mediums” of both British & American design. 

Edited by Blitzen
Added info

55 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

@Han

There is another very old bug: The smoke fading in and out bug 😁 It would be very very veeeery cool if you can fix this issue!

There is a mod fix for that in the meantime that may be of use to you, jsyk - at bottom of this page  :

(Oops, I see you already found it...but others may not know)

Edited by Redwo1f

Excellent update and great videos, the FC vid is superb up close and personal stuff!

Thank you very much for the update. Improvements and fixes are always greatly welcome!

Both videos were excellent too! 

My thanks to all involved in shepherding these, and other, fixes and improvements to the sim.  Also, kudos to those who already posted their appreciation for the efforts put forth on their behalf.  I have read so many complaints and negative comments that I was beginning to believe there were no civil users out there. 

• Upvote 3

Thank you so much for finally fixing the Server login problems.

That Error 2 login issue is really annoying !

Congrats for all of the enhancements too of course !

The DD mentions:

We also have managed to find the cause of the random bug some of you have reported, when some planes suddenly lose their rudders in the flight. It turns out this issue is caused by the signal noise in some joystick controllers. Such noise spikes in the input cause the control surfaces in the sim to turn so sharply that their durability limit is exceeded and they are torn off by the ram air. This means that fixing this particular bug is no trivial matter - on one hand, we need to keep the durability limit of the control surfaces realistic while on another we don't want to add a new layer of filtering for the joystick axes input we have minimized so recently before. This is a very fine work involving re-checking every plane control behavior, but our engineers have done it and we plan to include its result in the next update as well.

My question is, until the update that will include this fix is there anything we can do locally that may help stop this?  This might be re-calibrating and checking for axis signal noise or placing a center or edge dead zone on certain axis, etc.

Second question:  Could an axis that is not in use with the game also cause this issue?

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

Great to see the input from the community is taken on board with the continuous improvement you guys continue to make, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

Binoculars must be the most requested thing for TC so far, I have to agree they are really needed and good to know they are coming, sadly I have still to delve into TC apart from a little look here and there, that Panther looks marvelous, must be the most recognised German tank from WWII.;)

Love the videos, they really do highlight the sim in the best way possible and in a short time, hopefully they help to draw in the masses.:salute:

Is there a link that contains all those promotional films in one place?  If not maybe add a link could be added in the forum so they can all be easily found accessed.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

31 minutes ago, =RvE=SirScorpion said:

What is the pixelization issue? can any one explain that? thanks in advance 

Seconded. I'd like to know more about this fix.

This list of fixes is pretty much on par with my needs :)  

im loving the tanks. I’m hoping we can get targets that depend on people on the ground in mp to capture objectives...

planes disappearing in front of cloud fix- thank you

Pixilation with aircraft and clouds to be worked on later- finally thank you!

tank aiming- thank you!

best game ever!  - thank you!

55 minutes ago, =RvE=SirScorpion said:

What is the pixelization issue? can any one explain that? thanks in advance 

If you mean what is the problem then it's where aircraft fly into clouds and look distorted and pixelated rather than becoming gradually more opaque as you would expect. As far as I know it's a rendering limitation that the developers now plan to address, although I'm sure it's far from a trivial fix.

I love these general game improvement updates - much more important at this stage than new content IMHO. Any improvement in AI is most welcome and I'm sure we'll eventually get to improved flying/fighting skills.

Something as simple as quicker login is a nice little plus.

Binoculars for tank commanders will probably have me buying Tank Crew.

Thank you for working on the game experience.

Re: Rudders falling off.

Okay this is going to sound elitist as f**k (especially as I'm rocking Slaw RX Vipers) but why are we putting effort into fixing axes spikes which is a hardware quality problem and not an IL-2 problem?

Don't get me wrong, I had rudder spike problems back in my RoF days with my old G940, but I fixed them (loose terminals on the pot lugs, just crimped them a bit more, problem solved).

Most hardware axes spikes are caused buy an actual physical problem, people spend ages and ages trying to fix it with software whereas all you need is 5 minutes with a pair of pliers, a soldering iron or a can of WD40 (or sometimes a combination).

I'd just rather the devs spend their time working on what I personally consider more important issues.

Just my 2 cents.

Other than that I'm loving IL-2 at the moment, finally got a new Pimax 5k+ to replace my Oculus (which stopped working) in time for Bodenplatte, been flying my D9 on a few missions, still haven't had to protect 262s taking off yet though.

• Upvote 2