phoenixjohnconnor

No missions, no career, no campaign?

Correct, there is however  Pat Wilson's Campaign Generator which is effectively the career mode.

S!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, phoenixjohnconnor said:

Well, for various reasons, I can't easily do multiplayer. So I'll try the solutions above. 

It was a joke.  There are many on these forums who are of the opinion people should blindly hand over their money and be happy with what they get.  This isn't the first time someone has hoped for a career mode.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

It was a joke.  There are many on these forums who are of the opinion people should blindly hand over their money and be happy with what they get.  This isn't the first time someone has hoped for a career mode.

You are incorrect... we hand our money over with our eyes wide open.

Why? We realize that the modules are 'works in progress' and they will continue to be added to and improved upon in the future. :coffee:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

It will be 'added to' if FC1 sells enough to make it a viable option to continue with it... nothing guaranteed at the moment for the future of this title.

Hopefully we will get some positive news...

Mmm. Interesting. I hope it is added to. I tried Pat Wilson's remarkable campaign generator, but there were no flight paths or waypoints for his generated missions anywhere in game - an issue he is grappling with, apparently - so for now there's only the quick missions for me. Shame, as the planes are beautiful and it all looks and feels very beautiful. But quick missions only will have limited entertainment value.

• Upvote 2

Yes, while Pat is still working on PWCG, the above mission generator from SYN Vander has all the latest stuff for the Arras map included to give you some great missions.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thad said:

You are incorrect... we hand our money over with our eyes wide open.

Why? We realize that the modules are 'works in progress' and they will continue to be added to and improved upon in the future. :coffee:

Hand over your money and *hope* they add a campaign in the future, if that's what you're into.  Because they need sales to show them people are interested in WWI simulation, as they say...

Thank goodness for Pat Wilson.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Upvote 1

I was under the impression that the campaign/career when I bought this back when it was first available. Logged in and what? Nothing. I cry Foul, that is not how this was promoted. Why should I have to download and install some 3rd party app to play a career?

• Upvote 3

Unfortunately, this is a multiplayer only community. Single player campaigns are not existent even with mission generators which are a poor substitute for the real thing. FC will continue to cater to those people and leave the SP crowd to wither away like a broken appendage.

If I want to aimlessly shot at people, why not just play War Thunder. What's the point of having an accurate flight simulator if that's all I'm going to do. Overkill.

Edited by yaan98
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, yaan98 said:

Unfortunately, this is a multiplayer only community. Single player campaigns are not existent even with mission generators which are a poor substitute for the real thing. FC will continue to cater to those people and leave the SP crowd to wither away like a broken appendage.

If I want to aimlessly shot at people, why not just play War Thunder. What's the point of having an accurate flight simulator if that's all I'm going to do. Overkill.

I almost exclusively play in SP with FC :)

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Iceni_Queen said:

I was under the impression that the campaign/career when I bought this back when it was first available. Logged in and what? Nothing. I cry Foul, that is not how this was promoted. Why should I have to download and install some 3rd party app to play a career?

It was always stated there would be no career mode in FC1.

Everything that was promised for the project has been delivered.

Fingers crossed for FC2.

It's early days yet..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

I almost exclusively play in SP with FC :)

Ok. So, let's compare what qualities a proper SP experience should involve that doesn't include "airquake".... pilot training in England or Germany... not in FC. See Squad morale have an effect on flight performance... nope. Successful or failed missions that make a difference to squad morale... not in FC. Getting court martialed if you shoot at your squad mate..... no. I could list many other features which is present in the substandard flight sim WOFF which can't even hold a candle to FC's accurate flight and damage model. Yet it's head and shoulders above the sterile experience in FC. What a shame.

You've maybe answered yourself there. No one game can have it all.

WoFF doesn't have MP either.

1 minute ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

No one game can have it all.

Not yet anyway. 😁

2 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

There is actually no one who feels that way.  If you’re not happy with the current flight sim market, don’t buy the games.  Find something else to do with your time.  It’s really pretty simple.

• Upvote 1

Whiners have to whine. Complainers have to complain. 😕

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, yaan98 said:

Ok. So, let's compare what qualities a proper SP experience should involve that doesn't include "airquake".... pilot training in England or Germany... not in FC. See Squad morale have an effect on flight performance... nope. Successful or failed missions that make a difference to squad morale... not in FC. Getting court martialed if you shoot at your squad mate..... no. I could list many other features which is present in the substandard flight sim WOFF which can't even hold a candle to FC's accurate flight and damage model. Yet it's head and shoulders above the sterile experience in FC. What a shame.

Why are you here?  Different games have different priorities.  You appear to prefer WoFF’s priorities.

Just out of curiosity, do you spend much time on their forum complaining about the crappy flight and damage models?

4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Why are you here?  Different games have different priorities.  You appear to prefer WoFF’s priorities.

Just out of curiosity, do you spend much time on their forum complaining about the crappy flight and damage models?

You're comments are a joke. I can be wherever I want to be and have my opinion. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Now go away little fella

Edited by yaan98
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, yaan98 said:

I dont know what WOFF is, but i *do* have fun in FC *in* SP :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrLoK said:

I dont know what WOFF is, but i *do* have fun in FC *in* SP :)

Ok. I guess fun is subjective then.

1 minute ago, yaan98 said:

absolutely! :)

3 minutes ago, yaan98 said:

You're comments are a joke. I can be wherever I want to be and have my opinion. Doesn't mean you have to agree with it. Now go away little fella

Your

In any case, this flight sim puts a higher priority on flight and damage models.  The fact that they didn’t waste time on “flight training” is a plus for many of us.  

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, yaan98 said:

For some people "fun" is trolling on subforums of modules they don't even play.  ;)

Edited by J28w-Broccoli

I do have to say I am a little disappointed the sim didn't have at least a single player scripted mission campaign with it on release.   I'm a fan of the company, but someone who purchases this sim after it goes out of early access is going to wonder what to do with it.  I believe quite a few buyers are going to be shocked and disappointed by that.

Edited by [Pb]Bones18
  • Upvote 4

• 10,000 sq. km. map of the Arras sector in WWI including cities, towns, airfields and famous No-Mans-Land.
  • Ten legendary WWI aircraft to fly - Spad XIII, Sopwith Dolphin, Sopwith Camel, RAF S.E.5.a, Bristol Fighter, Albatros D.Va, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker D.VII. Pfalz D.IIIa and Halberstadt CL.II.
  • Also includes the Fokker D.VIIF, Bristol Fighter F.III and Halberstadt CL.II 200hp engine modifications.
  • Numerous types of buildings, hangars, ground vehicles and scenery objects to enhance mission environment.
  • Detailed and precise exterior models of aircraft with 4K skins.
  • Full-scale 3D interior of each aircraft that looks amazing in VR.
  • Fly as an observer/gunner in properly equipped aircraft.
  • Custom skins support.
  • Quick Single Mission generator.
  • Two multi-player modes of gameplay - Cooperative and Dogfight.
  • Realistic ballistics modeling.
  • Realistic gun-sight visuals and operation such as the famous Aldis sight.
  • Detailed physics model and performance of aircraft.
  • Detailed damage model to simulate damage to planes made of lighter materials.
  • Mission Editor support.
  • All I did was read this first and I knew what I was getting.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, [Pb]Bones18 said:

I do have to say I am a little disappointed the sim didn't have at least a single player scripted mission campaign with it on release.   I'm a fan of the company, but someone who purchases this sim after it goes out of early access is going to wonder what to do with it.  I believe quite a few buyers are going to be shocked and disappointed by that.

A few have and continue to do so.

I'm not a dev fanboy or anything, but you can't escape the fact that the content of FC1 was clearly stated from day 1.

If someone doesn't read about what they're buying first..

Best thing is to take heed, and scrutinise more carefully the next time you buy.

S!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

Isn't it what happens every time? Rise of Flight was released in 2009, the current career mode in late 2011. BoS was released in 2014 with "Campaign" that was really elaborate single mission generator (with plane / weapon unlocks and made-up decorations :D. Bad times.) and devs said straight they don't have resources to add career mode. Career was added with BoK in 2017/2018. Meanwhile (correct me if I'm wrong) Pat Wilson has expanded PWCG to add WW2 BoX careers (at Jasons request, despite havin little interest in WW2? )and there was much rejoicing.  

Could it be that a proper Career mode is so difficult and costly, they need to sell the product for couple of years to build margins from which to fund making it?

• Upvote 1

Each of us as consumers and flight simmers, have a different outlook on when we are going to slap the money down on something like this.  For me, I shell the money out early on and have a little faith in the future of my investment.  If you want instant gratification then hold off on spending your money, and set back and let us fly the aircraft and have our fun, with the hope that good things are coming down the road.  I love history, love the planes, the tanks, the eye candy, the sounds, the mission editor, making movies, jumping in an online server, or just pumping out a mission and flying out over no-mans-land.  I go from WWII fighters, to WWI, to tanks and I haven't regretted any of my purchases, because I make the most out of what's provided at the present moment and enjoy the updates when they do come.....

If you hold off for a year or so, and finally shell the money out,  you might get it on sale, and you will more than likely get a more finished product, but then again, you might not be alive in a year or so.    :)   I mean Eeyore would wait...most assuredly.

Edited by SCG_Neun
  • Upvote 4

This is why I suggest to such players to spend (a lot less of) their money on RoF for the time being; until FC is (maybe) more fleshed out.

Not that those suggestions are met any differently around here either.  :)

In all fairness the announcement of Flying Circus it was stated that it would have custom single-player missions as part of FC vol.1.

Quote "We will also create and include some custom single-player missions as we near completion of FC" Unquote from 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I love WW1 air combat, so I bought FC1. But, and it is a very big but, if you hope to sell a product you cannot release a half-baked idea of a sim. This seems to be a, "what the hell," let's grab a few pennies more. A ROF 2.0 and you add the price tag of the new textures would have been one thing, I would have easily shelled out over $100 for that but this is a joke of a game. Do not get me wrong, I will fly it and enjoy it when there are actual servers with pilots. But you cannot sell a unfinished product and say "buy me" and I will make it better especially when it is a literal carbon copy of an existing game with better textures etc? What I am seeing is ROF with a reduced plane set and map ported to the upgraded engine. My guess is over the next few month FC2, FC3 and FC4 will be rolled out until the entire ROF plane set is exhausted. Lot's of smoke and mirrors but essentially the same game. Now there is a reason there is no campaign dynamic or otherwise because people will pay more. They remember the ROF heydays when people shelled out $14.99 for a new plane etc. I will be the first to say, FC1 looks miles better than ROF and before someone shouts but we get VR, if they had ported the engine to ROF you would have your VR, who am I kidding, this is exactly what they are doing. FC1 is not a new game but the latest advancements of the Digital Nature engine ported back into ROF onto a smaller map...

Edited by =69.GIAP=Shvak
Clarity
  • Upvote 1

Interesting (for me, someone new in here) what responses my (I thought) innocuous comment checking the position brought! I wasn't complaining. I read the product description. I was just checking, as I said. Hopefully, more content will follow. I won't mind paying for it, within reason. Too many of the type of games I like are niche products and the designers have to live. It was the cost of a meal out for two, with booze (here in Belgium...), so no complaints. Meanwhile thanks to the posts pointing to the campaign generator and the mission generator. The latter is enough to be going on for now. Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =69.GIAP=Shvak said:

I love WW1 air combat, so I bought FC1. But, and it is a very big but, if you hope to sell a product you cannot release a half-baked idea of a sim. This seems to be a, "what the hell," let's grab a few pennies more. A ROF 2.0 and you add the price tag of the new textures would have been one thing, I would have easily shelled out over $100 for that but this is a joke of a game. Do not get me wrong, I will fly it and enjoy it when there are actual servers with pilots. But you cannot sell a unfinished product and say "buy me" and I will make it better especially when it is a literal carbon copy of an existing game with better textures etc? What I am seeing is ROF with a reduced plane set and map ported to the upgraded engine. My guess is over the next few month FC2, FC3 and FC4 will be rolled out until the entire ROF plane set is exhausted. Lot's of smoke and mirrors but essentially the same game. Now there is a reason there is no campaign dynamic or otherwise because people will pay more. They remember the ROF heydays when people shelled out $14.99 for a new plane etc. I will be the first to say, FC1 looks miles better than ROF and before someone shouts but we get VR, if they had ported the engine to ROF you would have your VR, who am I kidding, this is exactly what they are doing. FC1 is not a new game but the latest advancements of the Digital Nature engine ported back into ROF onto a smaller map...

FC1 is VR capable - this is the real game changer;

borrow VR headset, jump into Albatros, put your desk fan in front of You, take VR headset on and...
....and end of kids game, boy;  now You have to go, fly and shoot the enemy

or just fly around and relish the view

😉

Edited by wju
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, DirtyBiker said:
  • All I did was read this first and I knew what I was getting.

That's the whole point. FC looks like an extension of IL2 made for IL2 fans who want to fly WW1 birds. The one that read the forums.

If you forget everything you know about IL2 and you consider FC as an actual standalone game, releasing it now as it is is just wrong. As far as I know, there has never been any combat flight simulator ever released with so few content in terms of what you can actually do with it, ever. No career, no missions, nothing. 

Try to be in the position of anyone that do not play IL2, discover FC, buy it because (s)he loves WW1 birds. If (s)he is not into multiplayer (I am not), it is simply impossible that (s)he is satisfy with it.

The most difficult thing to understand for me is that I can't believe writing a couple of scripted missions per plane, just like in IL2, would be a significant effort, considering that the mission engine is already implemented in IL2.