Han

Developer Diary 234 - Discussion

9 hours ago, blamblamstick said:

1. Will we be able to fly older planes in the BOBP career mode like the bf109 G6 and ju87?

2. In the career more will we be able to fly missions in support of operation market garden? Thank you! 

1) Yes, you'll be able to fly G-6 in the I./JG 3, II./JG 11, III./JG 26, III./JG 27 and  II./JG 77 at the early stage of the career; Ju 87 in the NSGr. 1 and NSGr. 2

2) As we can't show an airborne operation you will support the ground force only during Market Garden.

8 hours ago, Beurling said:

In career mode, with BOBP, will we have access to RCAF squadrons from 2nd TAF ? They played a significant role in NWE and should not be ignored. I was disappointed that there was no reference whatsoever to the RCAF in the original IL-2, back in the days. Forgotten Battles ? A few squadrons from 126 wing would be nice... 

There will be:

No. 401 Squadron 'Ram' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 412 Squadron 'Falcon' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 416 Squadron 'City of Oshawa' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 443 Squadron 'Hornet' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

and AI units:

No. 403 Squadron 'Wolf' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 411 Squadron 'Grizzly Bear' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 421 Squadron 'Red Indian' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 441 Squadron 'Silver Fox' RCAF (No. 125 Wing)

No. 442 Squadron 'Caribou' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

Hi, I do not know if it is too late to correct, and I suppose that for most people it will be only a detail, but for your information, on the FC Map (set in 1918), Lille has the wrong belfry. It should have the Chambre de Commerce one (like in ROF) instead of the Mairie one (which was built in the 1920's).

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chambre_de_commerce_de_Lille

https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beffroi_de_Lille

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, US103_Baer said:

Looking forward to initial release.

Will FC have  photo recon and arty spot mission capability at launch?

Thanks

This is what I, and my group, are waiting on. We had a lot of fun running these missions in Rise of Flight, it would be unfortunate not to have them in FC1.

Everything sounding awesome, really looking forward to this release!

12 hours ago, BlackSix said:

The different missions will use different tanks. At the beginning of a German campaign you will command Pz IV and Pz VI and in the last three missions  you will command Pz III from Pz.Gr.Div. Das Reich at the final stage of the battle. The main part of the Soviet campaign will be devoted to the T-34.

Brilliant news. I couldn't wait before but now I'm super excited! So glad I purchased Tank Crew. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackSix said:

1) Yes, you'll be able to fly G-6 in the I./JG 3, II./JG 11, III./JG 26, III./JG 27 and  II./JG 77 at the early stage of the career; Ju 87 in the NSGr. 1 and NSGr. 2

2) As we can't show an airborne operation you will support the ground force only during Market Garden.

There will be:

No. 401 Squadron 'Ram' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 412 Squadron 'Falcon' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 416 Squadron 'City of Oshawa' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 443 Squadron 'Hornet' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

and AI units:

No. 403 Squadron 'Wolf' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 411 Squadron 'Grizzly Bear' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

No. 421 Squadron 'Red Indian' RCAF (No. 127 Wing)

No. 441 Squadron 'Silver Fox' RCAF (No. 125 Wing)

No. 442 Squadron 'Caribou' RCAF (No. 126 Wing)

And will us have the chance to fly or have AI French squadrons?

No. 345 (Free French) Squadron 'Berry' RAF (No. 145 Wing)

and AI units:

No. 329 (Free French) Squadron 'Cigognes' RAF (No. 145 Wing)

No. 340 (Free French) Squadron 'Ile-de-France' RAF (No. 145 Wing)

No. 341 (Free French) Squadron 'Alsace' RAF (No. 145 Wing)

No. 342 (Free French) Squadron 'Lorraine' RAF (No. 137 Wing)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Well done guys, very well.

Two questions (possibly for Jason or BlackSix):

1) Are there (planned) any unique landmarks except for bridges and some other constructions in towns, meaning castles, watchtowers, monasteries etc.? 

2) Is there anything major that will remain to be introduced after 4.001 is being released? 

Thanks for the answer in advance.

Edited by 310_cibule
Typos.
  • Upvote 1

It was also the KG 53 with He111 and parts of the KG 66 and 76 with Ju88 on Holland in use.
Source:

Unbenannt.png

A last one, is there a chance that the buildings can be destroyed by fire?

One of the disappointment when you strike a barn and it still standing even with a 88mm in or a 500kg bomb on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackSix said:

and they had same g6 what we have? without Erla canopy and MW50?

5 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

and they had same g6 what we have? without Erla canopy and MW50?

We've no another G-6 in the project. Another option is to delete G-6 units from career. I know that this aircraft does not meet the later versions for 1944 but we want to give the opportunity to its owners to use it in the BOBP career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

We've no another G-6 in the project. Another option is to delete G-6 units from career. I know that this aircraft does not meet the later versions for 1944 but we want to give the opportunity to its owners to use it in the BOBP career.

Completely agree with this - rather have another opportunity to use a collectors  plane than cut it out because it doesn't exactly match the variant used. 

Edited by IndianJones

58 minutes ago, namhee2 said:

It was also the KG 53 with He111 and parts of the KG 66 and 76 with Ju88 on Holland in use.

Anyway it's to late to add any units to the career but I'll check this info in my books.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 310_cibule said:

1) Are there (planned) any unique landmarks except for bridges and some other constructions in towns, meaining castles, watchtowers, monasteries etc.? 

2) Is there anything major that will remain to be introduced after 4.001 is being released? 

+100

and I would add Industrial zones in Essen,Duisburg, Dortmund etc. Farms, small villages between the cities. The Autobahn A3 near Cologne. Civil traffic on the Rhein river etc.

This is western Europe, not the russian Steppe 😁

• Upvote 2

It would be awesome to fly say a stuka in support of the TC missions with all the ground action going on. 

• Upvote 1

Great news !

I can't wait to play the career mode and i love to see the G6 as a part of it. Even when some of the modfications for this scenario are missing.

3 hours ago, Semor76 said:

+100

and I would add Industrial zones in Essen,Duisburg, Dortmund etc. Farms, small villages between the cities. The Autobahn A3 near Cologne. Civil traffic on the Rhein river etc.

This is western Europe, not the russian Steppe 😁

I'm not sure if IL-2 use any kind of autogen for maps... it would be good that some rural houses scattered in the crop areas were recreated... 

Edited by andres43
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Certainly hope a late variation can be added at some point down the line to fill this gap. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, OrLoK said:

really do take a look at the clouds mod. A game changer for me.

Thx for the tip, but I mainly play MP. It doesn't work there. It is really frustrsinting when you flight with your squad in this beautiful sim and suddenly they disaapear. Same with the opponent. It is HUGE problem, but this is no place for this topic here. Thx devs for another big patch full of goodies and still no losing faith in you. 

I hope the introductory videos to the different Battle of Bodenplatte single player career phases will be like those in Battle of Kuban with historical background and maps.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TUS_Samuel said:

That's all good. But what's about stutters, visibility problems and disappearing planes?

I am sorry you are having issues 😥 - I don't believe they are across the board, however. For me - stutters? very very uncommon, visibility issues? - nope, disappearing planes? - none ...I actually have I think a relatively lower power system (i5 7600, 16mb ram, GTX 1060 6GB - non VR) and play offline in 1080p (maybe that is the key for me(??)) - but the game is running great for me. Just tried the cloud mod that OrLok suggested (and that improves the overall look) - but I know that doesn't help you multiplayer folks.

• Upvote 6

Bugged turret  tank control with mouse.

I hope this will stop with the next update but more often than not, when I get in the gunner position, it's almost impossible to control. The turret wants to move somewhere else and it's like you are fighting the computer who wants to point it somewhere else. There is sometime a yellow arrow in the HUD that seems to show where the turret wants to go and I'm fighting against it to aim where I want and it's frankly unplayable.

What I dont get is that it does not always do it. And sometimes by geting in and out of the position or pressing "T", to man or unman the gun, seems to make it worse or better. Do you know what causes this and how to avoid it if it's not a real bugg? It's very annoying and with the loading times prety long and not knowing if it will do that or not stoped me from playing tanks witch is a shame! Otherwise I still want to say that I love your game and the level of details you put in it! Greetings from France!

I'm deathly interested in getting Tank Crew. Credit Card at the ready and all that, been so since it was announced. I just don't know if it will suffer DCS content syndrome - that mission content for it will either primarily come from multiplayer and downloadable missions once the campaign has been completed. That or having to utilize the mission editor. 

I get it's probably very difficult to design a career mode similar to the one we have for planes. 

Given my ISP it's very difficult to jump into MP, so I'm mostly limited to SP. 

I really hope there will be something about this in the future. Even if post-release. These tank sims are a rarity.

3 hours ago, Maty_fr said:

What I dont get is that it does not always do it.

Make smaller movements with the mouse. Up to a certain distance, the turret just moves in the direction of the mouse movement. If you move your imaginary mouse pointer farther, the yellow indicator appears and the turret tries to follow all the way until it reached your mouse position. It is now easy to turn the turret 180 deg. Just make a quick mouse movement and most mouse drivers interpret that as a far movement. All you then have to is to wait out until the turret reached your mouse position. You can also abort that by just moving the (imaginary) mouse pointer back in front of you. It takes a bit to get adjusted, but it‘s easy to control.

4 hours ago, Maty_fr said:

Do you know what causes this and how to avoid it if it's not a real bugg?

It's not a bug. The turret rotates along the shortest path to your cursor. If you make a large input and the cursor goes more than 180 degrees behind you, the turret traverse will change direction.

You can avoid this by making smaller movements of the cursor.

On the HUD (if available), there is an indicator showing the location of your cursor.

aiming.thumb.jpg.153ec90ddb6b4288c273363c5ee21046.jpgaiming2.thumb.jpg.0bc7b62031bf7740f38e820031429ea1.jpg

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MarderIV said:

I'm deathly interested in getting Tank Crew. Credit Card at the ready and all that, been so since it was announced. I just don't know if it will suffer DCS content syndrome - that mission content for it will either primarily come from multiplayer and downloadable missions once the campaign has been completed. That or having to utilize the mission editor. 

I get it's probably very difficult to design a career mode similar to the one we have for planes. 

Given my ISP it's very difficult to jump into MP, so I'm mostly limited to SP. 

I really hope there will be something about this in the future. Even if post-release. These tank sims are a rarity.

I expect there will be scripted campaigns added, similar to what we've seen with Ten Days of Autumn and Blazing Steppe for example. That's what I'm hoping, anyway! 

23 hours ago, 310_cibule said:

1) Are there (planned) any unique landmarks except for bridges and some other constructions in towns, meaning castles, watchtowers, monasteries etc.? 

Please.

Disclaimer: It is not a complaint. I just want to know whether it makes sense to look for some other landmarks.

Sorry to see the RAF planes are still lumbered with the incorrect roundel colours.  Colour variation is one thing, but for the blue to be tonally lighter than the red???

Also in the screen shot of the Tempest the upper wing roundels are of the incorrect format. Only fuselage roundels had the yellow outer ring. The upper roundels for this period should either be red and blue, or red, white and blue, and the lower wing roundels should be red, white and blue.

It would be nice if the RAF skins received the same degree of research evidently lavished on the other nations' aircraft.

PRN72273.jpg

59 minutes ago, Fenris_ said:

Sorry to see the RAF planes are still lumbered with the incorrect roundel colours.  Colour variation is one thing, but for the blue to be tonally lighter than the red???

Also in the screen shot of the Tempest the upper wing roundels are of the incorrect format. Only fuselage roundels had the yellow outer ring. The upper roundels for this period should either be red and blue, or red, white and blue, and the lower wing roundels should be red, white and blue.

It would be nice if the RAF skins received the same degree of research evidently lavished on the other nations' aircraft.

PRN72273.jpg

The black nose and yellow surround gives it away as a January 1945 2nd TAF Tempest. That is the correct scheme for January to April. There's also an early version in the skins that is meant for use prior to that.

Though not the default... this is the same scheme used by the early version as an example.

tempestv-elliptical-wings-battle-damaged

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

8 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

You can also abort that by just moving the (imaginary) mouse pointer back in front of you

That doesnt work.

Is it possible to use keyboard to move your turrets? I cant figure it out, what key command to change/use?

10 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

That doesnt work.

Is it possible to use keyboard to move your turrets? I cant figure it out, what key command to change/use?

As far as i know, no it's not possible

1 hour ago, Voidhunger said:

That doesnt work.

Works well for me. If the turret is turning farther than I want, I just move the mouse to the opposite direction and I can make it stop turning right away.

1 minute ago, ZachariasX said:

Works well for me. If the turret is turning farther than I want, I just move the mouse to the opposite direction and I can make it stop turning right away.

for me it doesnt work, turret keeps turning

8 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

for me it doesnt work, turret keeps turning

This:

9 hours ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

On the HUD (if available), there is an indicator showing the location of your cursor.

aiming.thumb.jpg.153ec90ddb6b4288c273363c5ee21046.jpgaiming2.thumb.jpg.0bc7b62031bf7740f38e820031429ea1.jpg

doesn't work for you?

When moving the mouse left or right with you move the yellow indicator to a position the tank turret now tries to reach. Only if you move the mouse cursor slower then the turret can rotate, the the gun will only travel as you exactly point it with the mouse. Faster movements make the turret lag the now appearing yellow indictaor. Just move the mouse pointer slowly.

You just say "it doesn't work". But what does it do on your end if you move the mouse?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

The black nose and yellow surround gives it away as a January 1945 2nd TAF Tempest. That is the correct scheme for January to April. There's also an early version in the skins that is meant for use prior to that.

Thanks, I stand corrected on that, good to know.

I do however stand by my earlier comments on the inaccuracy of the roundel colours.