polnoch_ksu

saitek x52 - game can't detect it

Hi all,

I have stick - saitek x52, and the problem: the game can't detect it. I created a ticket in the support about a month ago, and they still can't help me. Maybe this forum can help? 

saitek x52 works in the Elite Dangerous without any issues. 

One year ago same joystick, PC and IL2 - everything worked well. 

Edited by polnoch_ksu

Have you installed the drivers? DirectX should be installed with your drivers installation, probably DotNET too.

Check with USBdeview for unused USB devices, and delete them (not your Keyboard or mouse LoL}.

See what the USB ID numbers are with JoyID, you can eventually change them there. Then address your saitek stuff accordingly in keymappings.

Thank you for answer, @jollyjack

Have you installed the drivers?

Which drivers? x52 works in the Elite Dangerous.

probably DotNET too.

I've installed the game via Steam. Should I install something manually?

Then address your saitek stuff accordingly in keymappings.

I can assign Joysteek buttons, but the game ignore it after start of flight

Edited by polnoch_ksu

I currently use x55 throttle only and the game has no issue detecting it. 

Did you tried to use old IL-2 joystick bind-settings, from 1 year ago? Did you at least once disconnect your x52? If yes, your windows joystick number is changed, and you need to re-bind everything .

I have x52, and after changing PC I had to install driver. I hoped not to, as program that comes with driver is a trash. Try to install it.

Now I have one strange bug with x52, but it is more connected to joy2key; I need to open joystick settings for x52 in backgroung to make my joystick visible to game AND joy2key at same time. If not, my x52 is visible only to 1 focused program at time, not booth.

Saitek is now owned by logitech.
Thus you need to install the logitech driver version for the Saitek X52 to properly work unter Windows X (otherwise IL2 might or might not detect it and its inputs)
You can download it here: https://support.logi.com/hc/de-at/articles/360024838173--Downloads-X52-Professional-Space-Flight-H-O-T-A-S-
And yes.. if you unplug and replug your x52 while the OS is booted it might change your controller ID.
So make sure you unplug and replug only while the PC is OFF, and make sure to always plug it in the SAME USB port (just to be sure).
Assign the x52 settings in the native IL2 keybinds - only use third party apps like (the free) "joy2key" or even the logitech/saiteks own keyprogrammer if the basic functions work rock solid in IL2.

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
DL link in longform