MarcoPegase44

[MOD] Replacement in mod career JG51 by III JG52 "Stalingrad Kdo" V4.02

Hello,

The origin of this little mod is for my personal comfort, I was tired of seeing the JG51 appear on the Stalingrad campaign map while this unit has never participated in the Battle of Stalingrad, let alone with FW190.

On the other hand, while reading the excellent books of Bergstrom, it appears a squadron missing, it is the special squadron of III Gruppe of JG52 which was detached to reinforce the JG3.

So I decided to replace the JG 51 with the III JG52 "Stalingrad Kdo"

It works well but I can not get the campaign started in late August 1942 on the Tusov Airfield.

It starts on Pitomnik from September 10, 1942 until the end of September.

If you play with this unit, it's a short campaign.

If one of you finds out how to start the campaign on Tusov Airfield on 23 08 1942, I'm interested. V3 Pb solved : The Campaign start at Tusov 23 08 1942

Bug: Missing folder swf  with missing squadron presentation panel solutioned.

Note ; This mod also adds planes ; Yak 7, Yak1b  to be consistent with historical reality with the right dates of use.

You can have skins for your wingmen of your squadron by downloading the skins for II/JG52.

Make by III/JG2Gustav05

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/13721-bf-109-g2-skins/page/11/

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7yarclkxaxw6udj/Bf109G2_9JG52.rar/file

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h09mngmi6vccsaa/Bf109G2_9JG52_gamma8.0.rar

This small mod is compatible with JSGME

Save the old files of SCG folder

Extract in the « Mods » folder.

LInk for download :http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ajx6dr0vwfocmg/III_JG52_Stalingrad_KDO_V402.7z/file  (Update  november 3)

19102902011924653116483193.jpg

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MarcoPegase44 said:

19102902011924653116483193.jpg

Wow! This is pretty cool. It allows you to play as Hermann Graf in the Stalingrad career. On 26 September 1942 he shot down his 200th enemy aircraft and was the first pilot to reach the 200 barrier.

I hope you can find a way to expand this career to Tusov. Great work!

First, Merci beaucoup pour cette mod ci :)

On 10/29/2019 at 2:11 PM, MarcoPegase44 said:

If one of you finds out how to start the campaign on Tusov Airfield on 23 08 1942, I'm interested.

In the squadrons files (scripts/14squadrons.cfg and 14/squadrons.cfg), you have:

[Squadron=201151]
    type=1                // 0 - common, 1 - fighter, 2 - bomber, 3 - recon, 4 - transport, 5 - attack
    aigen=1
    [period] // Chapter 2
        period="1942.08.30","1942.08.29"
        name="III./JG 52"

period="1942.08.30","1942.08.29" should be period="1942.08.23","1942.08.29"

Now it tries to start the career at 30 August, but the end date for the chapter is already the day before ;)

Also, I don't think you need the aigen=1 part (although it probably does little harm).

You should probably also have Squadron=201352 as the squadron ID. I'm not sure how much it matters, but otherwise the game might at times confuse the two quadrons and still use I./JG 51 in the campaign.

After 29 august there's no flights until 8 September, when there's a transfer mission, and then again a day rest before the Pitomnik part starts.

Using models.cfg and objects.cfg, you modify the withdrawal date of the MC.202 to be slightly later and the introduction dates of the Yak 1b and the Yak 7b to be much later in 1943 (effectively removing these two from the Stalingrad career). A quick wikipedia search seems to more or less confirm the original Yak introduction dates in late 1942; do you have any information saying these particular aircraft were introduced only after the dates as changed by you? If these Yak versions were never used on the Stalingrad front, but the original introduction dates are correct for the eastern front as a whole, I think a more elegant solution would be to remove them from the squadrons.cfg file. Either way, I think you should mention this change in the description of your mod.

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed

Good evening,

Thank you for your compliments and remarks ..
Actually I made a mistake in the dates of the squadron file.
I corrected, despite this the campaign still does not want to start on August 23 in Tusov, I can not find the problem and if it is possible to change that. It starts only in Pitomnik on September 11th.

I will post a corrected version 2
Concerning planes, Yak 7, Yak 1b, and MC 202, you're right, I should have pointed it out. These are my personal files to stick to the historical reality.
1 °) The Yak 7 has been used in Stalingrad with the 296 IAP among others (See the book of Bergstrom "Black Cross & Red Star Vol 3).
2 °) The Yak1s127 entered into service between November and mid December 1942 (Aero HS Yak newspaper by Herbert Leonard) with 31GvIAP under the command of Yeremin.
3 °) MC 202; The Italian Air Force withdrew from the Stalingrad Front in December 1942

Edited by MarcoPegase44

On 10/30/2019 at 5:30 PM, MarcoPegase44 said:

Actually I made a mistake in the dates of the squadron file.
I corrected, despite this the campaign still does not want to start on August 23 in Tusov, I can not find the problem and if it is possible to change that. It starts only in Pitomnik on September 11th.

You also need to edit the corresponding af_default.ldf files (for stage 1, it's data\scg\14\locations\stage_01\af_default_01.ldfbin) so that the squadron/airfield links are correct for your dates. You can open the .ldfbin file with the editor, save, then edit the .ldf file with notepad to add/remove squad-airfield links (it won't show you the squad IDs inside the editor, hence you need to use notepad), load it with the editor and save again (you can open and save .ldf(bin) files using the Location Database tab).

Again, you should change the squadron ID into 201352 instead of 201151 as this is the proper code for III./JG 52 (or add your own squadron for the Stalingrad Kommando). Using your mod, which leaves the ID as 201151, the squadron for me still shows up as I./JG 51 (although at the new location). I think you may have forgotten to include some additional edits you made, for example in data\swf\il2\squadrons\201151. Instead of using the default III./JG 52 you should also be able to create an additional squadron by adding it here and then using the new ID in the af_default_xx.ldf files and the squadrons.cfg files.

I made a quick change to the af_default_01.ldfbin file and your squadrons.cfg file (which is, as you know, equal to 14squadrons.cfg) that should work from 23 august onwards. See the included .zip file for the updated files. Note I changed the ID to 201352!

iiijg52_edits.zip

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed
Sry, had a brainfart. Changed squad-plane links to squad-airfield links.
  • Like 1

Good evening,

Thank you very much for your help and your comments .. it's exciting.
I just got home and watch your files tonight

Spoiler

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/55451-mod-replacement-in-mod-career-jg51-by-iii-jg52-stalingrad-kdo-v2/?do=findComment&comment=844847

Hello,

A Update because Bug in previous version when the career change chapter 1 to chapter 2

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ajx6dr0vwfocmg/III_JG52_Stalingrad_KDO_V402.7z/file

pease remove before the old files of previous version.

I finally eliminated the last transition bug between chapters

begging you to apologize for the successive variations

Edited by MarcoPegase44
  • Like 2