SCG_Riksen

Career Map Overlay Location

S! guys,

Do you know where I can find the map overlay that is laid out on top of the map during the career mode? I was able to find the location of the maps inside "swf\il2\mapstiles" but I cannot find the career specific overlays .... Any ideas?

swf\il2\maptactics (or perhaps mapstactics? Not at my PC right now, so can't check its exact name) :)

They're in .tactics files, which are basically just renamed .swf files (so you'll need expensive Adobe software to edit them!). Inside these files, they're basically saved as vector images (although the IL2 svg render is quite picky - not all svg features work as intended!)

I'm working on improved Stalingrad frontlines, hence my knowledge. If you have any svg you need converted to .tactics, I might be able to help you if you ask nicely :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AEthelraedUnraed said:

swf\il2\maptactics (or perhaps mapstactics? Not at my PC right now, so can't check its exact name) :)

They're in .tactics files, which are basically just renamed .swf files (so you'll need expensive Adobe software to edit them!). Inside these files, they're basically saved as vector images (although the IL2 svg render is quite picky - not all svg features work as intended!)

I'm working on improved Stalingrad frontlines, hence my knowledge. If you have any svg you need converted to .tactics, I might be able to help you if you ask nicely :)

Oh my ... Thank you so much for this! I've been looking for this forever. I'll see if I can open then and let you know.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Oh, you've added it to the quick missions. What a marvellous idea!

Now just add the frontline-influence-areas and you can be captured etc., leading to the added game element of making it back to friendly lines.

Hello,

Does it works in a single mission or multiplayer mission ?

I have tried but unsucceful.

If yes could you explain how ?

Thanks 

Bye

7 hours ago, -IRRE-Genius said:

Hello,

Does it works in a single mission or multiplayer mission ?

I have tried but unsucceful.

If yes could you explain how ?

Thanks 

Bye

It works with both SP and MP but only with mods enabled. The reason I did this is because I wanted to have the overlay display over the map when I decide to host COOP missions generated by PWCG (adds to the immersion). It is a lot of work to get it working though ... I'll release it soon so you can see how I did it.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1