SAG

[MOD] All Voices in English For Radio Chatter V.01

One of the reasons for me not finishing my previous MOD (Voice Pack in English for Radio Chatter) was that the official English and American would have made all that work for nothing. So I made this little mod, that turns all German and Russian Voices into the american voices.

Recommend this mod for VR.

There is a problem though.... there is still one Russian "actor" and a German one that don't have equivalents in English so they are still in their respective original voices.

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/psos23pai7s9j9k/AlvoicesEnglish.rar/file

I'm being lazy so look at the instructions on how to install this mod here:

I have tested this already but I still recommend using JSGME to check it out...

Edited by SAG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sweet will give this a go on my next evening off work. Take it just having duplicating one of the British’s/American actors is not a solution for still having a Russian in the radio?

3 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

Sweet will give this a go on my next evening off work. Take it just having duplicating one of the British’s/American actors is not a solution for still having a Russian in the radio?

i didn't quite understand your proposed solution, would you elaborate?

The problem is that Russian and German factions have different audio files than the Americans in some cases, so the solution i can see so far, would be to record the remaining actors.

2 hours ago, SAG said:

i didn't quite understand your proposed solution, would you elaborate?

The problem is that Russian and German factions have different audio files than the Americans in some cases, so the solution i can see so far, would be to record the remaining actors.

Okay, I assumed that when you say about there being an Russian/ German actor that does not have an equivalent British/American actor that this meant that for example there are 4 different voices for the Russians but the British/Americans only having 3 different voices.

So was wondering for example why not have British Pilot 3 be both Russian Pilot 3 and 4. Presumed though that it was not that simple, as would have been done already, so wondering the reason.

Edited by Oliver88

40 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Okay, I assumed that when you say about there being an Russian/ German actor that does not have an equivalent British/American actor that this meant that for example there are 4 different voices for the Russians but the British/Americans only having 3 different voices.

So was wondering for example why not have British Pilot 3 be both Russian Pilot 3 and 4. Presumed though that it was not that simple, as would have been done already, so wondering the reason.

Aaah, I see!

The problem is that  the actor (lets assume) number 13 has different lines for the Russians than actor number 13 for the Americans, so I just cant replace those Russian lines with the American counterparts because there is no exact American counterparts in the game, they don't exist (or at least I haven't found them, but pretty sure). Does that make sense? XD

Aye. Take it that the content of the actors lines are sufficiently different from their other lines that those cannot be reused (not make sense to the messages shown on screen) either then. Or are important enough that they cannot just be erased with the sound of nothingness?

I mention the latter as callsigns (at least that’s what I gathered they were) seem to exist at the start of each message in the Russian voices, and these seemed to remain Russian in your old mod also. And this was something I noticed was different when the new American/British voices were released; I hear no callsigns given in their messages .

Edited by Oliver88