Sign in to follow this  
LUZITANO

IL-2 Battle of Berlin

With the Battle of Berlin, Normandy and several extra Allied collector airplanes it is possible to make the late war set of war birds

IL-2 BATTLE OF BERLIN

Set of aircraft

Ta-152 H-1           La-7

Fw 190 A-9           Yak-3

Me 109 G-10         Yak-9U

He 219 A-7            IL-2 Type 3

Ar 234 B-2             Pe-2 (1944 model)

Completing the late war set

I think the biggest question in this series is which Pe-2 to choose. 210 or 359 series? As I suggested the Battle of Normandy so the Liberation of Bieolo Russia is out of the question. Anyway the suggestion of the battle of Berlin that I am doing is important because it incorporates another jet that was used operationally during the WWII as a bomber and can also be used on the Rheinland map. The La-7 is an airplane capable of facing both the 109K and the 190D. The Ta-152H is not strategically important in east-front warfare where combat takes place at low altitude, but it is an indispensable aircraft that can be used in high-altitude combat against the Bodenplatte P-51D. The battle of Berlin shares the same planes as the 1945 Rheinland map

Collector's
La-7 with with option to add one more cannon 
109 G-10 or Ta-152H-1?

Map
I haven't made the cut yet. I'm expecting players' suggestions

Some pictures of Berlin battle and map from the internet

Spoiler

219437512_Berlingermany45.thumb.jpg.30d61d5b71fb3efb3947214bbf13021b.jpg

2025265430_Berlinin1945.thumb.jpg.88758901a6af8b857c69526a869af46e.jpgberlin2.png.68826e6d558f4340e0a1c4dc4a33bb9b.png

Considerations
This is an important battle, fundamental in the context of World War II, and it provides for the Reds later models of the Soviet Union as the dear La-7 and Yak-3, plus the IL-2 "arrow". Germany will have the full late set of fighters if it considers only the main models. It's perfect for interacting with Bodenplatte

Here is the suggestion to discuss and make the necessary modifications ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This is a very good suggestion if I do say so myself. I think this will either come after Bodenplatte, or the Pacific. Doing the Battle of Berlin as one of the last makes sense as it was the LAST battle in Europe.

With the plane set, I'd add an IL-10 and the Me-163 Komet.

Other than that, excellent Luzianto.

40 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Historic picture of the important air battle for Berlin.

<pic>

Is this before or after the recent spotting changes?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, unlikely_spider said:

Is this before or after the recent spotting changes?

Difficult to tell when there are no planes present at all.   Just like the air battle for Berlin.............

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

the Me-163 Komet

What, all the Me 163s sitting on the ground due to lack of fuel, or the ones that were obliterated due to the unstable fuel?

I wana replace one of the Yaks with a P63 personally. 

Replace the IL-2 with an IL-10 

Same reason I wana think of a german plane to replace the Ta152 or 190A9 with another. But I think we've reached the end of plausible alternatives for that faction aside from multicrew large bombers the team isnt likely to tackle.