Han

Developer Diary 232 - Discussion

Looks lovely! :cool:

Is the Bodenplatte map coming out in this update AND the Arras map?

Well my first flight WAS going to be in a P-38, but now I think it'll be in my SE5a over Arrass...
Fabulous work.

30 minutes ago, CanadaOne said:

Is the Bodenplatte map coming out in this update AND the Arras map?

I've re-read it and yes that does seem the intention.

I bet they've had to whip the Beta testers!😎

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, I./JG1_Baron said:

Yes. Blitzkrieg 1940 and battles from June 1944.

Well, not unless you avoid the no-man's land area. That's a very, very obvious feature that is completely a-historical for WW2. It's also the most visually stunning feature, IMO.

10 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

I've re-read it and yes that does seem the intention.

I bet they've had to whip the Beta testers!😎

Thanks!

That's gonna be a big update indeed.

Much flying will follow. Might have to get a good bottle to take along, could be a long flight.  :fly:

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Outstanding update!

Can't wait for the release.

Question, would the Arras map cover any WW2 action areas?

I think you'll have great difficulty flying WW2 aircraft out of WW1-size airfields.

• Upvote 2

Earm.... Just to reassure that I didn't miss understood things... 

We're getting the Arras map with the upcoming update??? 

OMG! I'm going nuts! 🤤

You're bloody awesome!!!! 

I awake every morning and smile in a self-satisfied manner, secure in the knowledge that I am party to this fantastic series!! Really!!! Then I kiss my wife and take the dog for a walk....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyJWest said:

I think you'll have great difficulty flying WW2 aircraft out of WW1-size airfields.

It won't stop me from trying.  :lol:

It looks like the team is going to hit a Grand Slam on this one. Nice work Gents.:clapping:

2 Questions?

1. Is ' the new physiology model' still in the works? Will it be in this update?

2. Not heard anything about the 'AI' rework going on for us SPs? Any progress in this area?

S!Blade<><

They're getting closer by the minute. That sweet whine of twin Allisons driving that sleek Lightning and the mighty roar of a Merlin powered P-51....

14 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

Is there a map of the area covered by arras anywhere?

56 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

It looks like the team is going to hit a Grand Slam on this one. Nice work Gents.:clapping:

2 Questions?

1. Is ' the new physiology model' still in the works? Will it be in this update?

2. Not heard anything about the 'AI' rework going on for us SPs? Any progress in this area?

S!Blade<><

Yes the pilot physiology is ready from what the devs have told us. Its clearly visible on the Arras and 'pilot physiology' video. 

Not sure about AI, but Im sure they will have some changes with this update.

45 minutes ago, LizLemon said:

Is there a map of the area covered by arras anywhere?

From DD197:

Spoiler

Map.jpg

• Upvote 1

I've been looking forward to seeing how noman's land looked prior to purchasing FC.  Is this final or still work in progress?

Nature_2.jpg

45 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I've been looking forward to seeing how noman's land looked prior to purchasing FC.  Is this final or still work in progress?

Nature_2.jpg

To be honest.... I'm slightly underwhelmed by the look of the no mans land. Looks like Rise of Flight. And even back then I strongly disliked, how the frontline was displayed, compared to Wings over Flanders Fields. Sorry to mention another sim here. I had high hopes, regarding the no mans land. I just hope, that this single Screenshot don't do the final product any justice. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Blooddawn1942
  • Upvote 3

since the beginning ive been waiting to fly my P-51 but now im not so sure i think the P-38 is going to be the first one im going to fly well i cant wait i was hopping today was the day but o well ill be busy this weekend to be doing IL-2 and DCS flying 

1 minute ago, Winglesschip209 said:

since the beginning ive been waiting to fly my P-51 but now im not so sure i think the P-38 is going to be the first one im going to fly well i cant wait i was hopping today was the day but o well ill be busy this weekend to be doing IL-2 and DCS flying 

There has never been the slightest chance the update would hit the shelves on a Friday. Even less, while a sale is going on. Best guess is next Tuesday. 

• Thanks 1

I was only expecting the last few airplanes with this. Not the Bodenplatte map. Well, that's terrific, really. So Bodenplatte is a wrap after this update? 

22 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

I was only expecting the last few airplanes with this. Not the Bodenplatte map. Well, that's terrific, really. So Bodenplatte is a wrap after this update? 

No there's still the career mode and other niggling things to release.

Awesome DD guys!!! Great news, I’m so glad to hear everything is going well and we will have some new material very soon. I’m really looking forward to the P-38 but my anticipation for the Europe map and the Arras map is certainly going to divide my attention for a while..

20 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

There’s still the offline campaign system, hopefully some static objects we haven’t seen, pay to play campaigns and who knows what else before final release.

All looking great and cant wait but what happened to those 2 spaa vehicles that were announced in the past? They are not a part of vehicles listed in the shop anymore either.

Edited by PvtEdekFredek

Hey... don't get me wrong. I'm totally jazzed about this release... but what is that noise when the Camel starts pulling Gs? Is it supposed to be the pilot doing an anti-G "Hick" breathing maneuver? If so, were they even aware of it back then? Kinda sounds like an old manual typewriter slamming the carriage back and forth. Guess I'll have to wait to check it out, but if it's like it is in the video I hope we can disable it.

• Confused 2

Arras map looks amazing. Can't wait!

47 minutes ago, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Hey... don't get me wrong. I'm totally jazzed about this release... but what is that noise when the Camel starts pulling Gs? Is it supposed to be the pilot doing an anti-G "Hick" breathing maneuver? If so, were they even aware of it back then? Kinda sounds like an old manual typewriter slamming the carriage back and forth. Guess I'll have to wait to check it out, but if it's like it is in the video I hope we can disable it.

Wondered what that was too. At first i thought flying wire stress.

Sounds could still be placeholders i guess but what did they actually denote?  

Edited by US103_Baer

And now you hear the Orgial Sound´s from a DB605. "Start the Engine".

It´s from the Messerschitt Stiftung, ME 109, "FM-BB"

109 sound 1.zip

One track more, "Roll Home", at Manching, Germany:

109 sound 7.zip

And now, at last a fly by.

109 sound 4.zip

Sorry but I think, the Developer had never heard a DB 605 Orginal.

Edited by J./ZG15_Siggie
  • Haha 1