Novice-Flyer

Finland should be next if the Pacific is still a no-go

IMHO, I believe that if the Pacific is still a no-go after Bodenplatte, then Finland should be next. I feel that doing Finland would include aircraft that could also be used for BOM, as well as including BOM and other aircraft there. I know some people don’t want to go back to the Eastern front, but unless they can do the Pacific, the Eastern front is really the only place the devs can go. For Finland, the Winter War and the Continuation War, as well as the Siege of Leningrad can be portrayed; going from 1939-1944. Currently there’s a Finnish 3rd party team working on a Finland map covering Kotka to East of Lake Ladoga See here: https://www.ler3.fi/kartat/karelia-map2.jpg

With a third party team working on the map, then the devs can mainly focus on the planes necessary.

My aircraft list would be:

Finnish:                                                                                                     Russian:

Fiat G.50.                                                                                                  I-153

B-239 Brewster.                                                                                       P-40B/C

Hurricane Mk.1.                                                                                      SB-2 100A

Blenheim Mk I or IV.                                                                               Yak-1 early

Collector.                                                                                                 Collector

Hawk-75/ P-36                                                                                       IL-4

Additional planes (if some above are added prior):                         Additional planes (if some above are added prior):

Gladiator Mk. I/II                                                                                    Hurricane Mk.IIb (possibly will be a collector soon)

Morko 406 or Morane                                                                            I-15

Fokker D.XXI                                                                                           TB-3

Although people may not like a return to the Eastern Front, I believe if the devs can't do the Pacific, then the Eastern front is really the only thing they can do aerial WW2 wise. Other places besides Finland could be Bagration or other early/late war Eastern front battles.

Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

And don't forget FAF already had BF109-G2 ,G-6 and JU88-A-4 in their arsenal. Also many russian planes we already have fit in Karelian map . I would be happy even with mini add on . Third party map, B-239 Brewster, Morane-saulnier, and couple russian fighters and at least 1 bomber. 

Edited by Hartigan

While I would like a Finland scenario, an Italy campaign could be a better alternative in case of a further delay of the Pacific. It features a more popular scenario for western audiences, it can introduce carrier operation mechanics to the engine as test bed, can bring earlier variants of some of the BoBP planes (such as P-47 razorback, Spitfire F Mk IX), later variants of current early-mid war planes (Merlin engined P-40F, Spitfire LF Mk Vc). And bring some light to some of the lesser known Italian planes such as Re 2001.

In regards to the Finland planeset, I would switch places between the Hurri Mk I and MS 406, the P-36 as collector sounds ok. I am not too fond of the IL-4 as collector, the standard bomber could be the SB-2M103 which had a bit more powerful engines and could hold more bombs (1500 Kg instead of 600 Kg of the SB-2M100).

Agreed with SuperEtendard, the MS 406 is way more important for a Finnish Air Force lineup than the Hurricane. And as iconic as the SB-2M is for the winter war and early continuation war, the IL-4 would be a better choice of standard bomber for the Soviets. The Soviets are lacking a proper level bomber with a significant payload.

I love finnish warfront bug you guys does'nt understand such an addon will be a commercial disaster. Pacific will sell far more copies.

There will be a Brewster when they 'll do Midway. We will get at least one "finnish" plane like this

There is no chance of Finland.  If they go East front it will be late war.  If the go West it will be Normandy, Africa, or Italy.  Or they might go Korea.  They need MONEY.  If they go with Finland they will follow it up with bankruptcy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Novice-Flyer, laugh all you want, but BSR is right. Finland is the place to go once everything else more important (read: will bring in more money) is modeled. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The Pacific air war is boring as hell. I agree the original poster, the battle of Finland should be next and after that Mediterranean scenarios. Western Europe scenarios are like beating a dead horse, same old s*it all over again in other air combat sims, war games and movies.

Edited by LLv44_Damixu
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, LLv44_Damixu said:

The Pacific air war is boring as hell. I agree the original poster, the battle of Finland should be next and after that Mediterranean scenarios. Western Europe scenarios are like beating a dead horse, same old s*it all over again.

We’ve had four eastern front titles and one western front...

• Thanks 1

In an ideal world I would want North Africa but Team Fusions version makes that unlikely.    Second choice would be somewhere in the Med and would include an aircraft carrier.   It is a shame that Germany never built theirs but it need not make the game unbalanced; just another landing zone for the Allies and a nice juicy target for the Axis.  I would love to see the Italian aircraft and also Mosquitos and Beauforts etc.
I would buy a Finnish expansion, especially if it models the city nicely so we can actually fly over it,  but I agree that it is probably not commercial enough.      The Spanish Civil War is another untapped theatre that could be fun for enthusiasts of air combat history but would not interest Americans so not make enough money.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Like 1

If Scandinavia, I would prefer Norway and to a lesser degree Denmark. North Sea inclusive.

In both Denmark and Norway there were larger airdrop operations and naval operations during Weserübung. 

We could get British early war planes like Hampden, Wellingtons, Blenheims,  convoy ops mid-war

and British carrier operations with Corsairs and Hellcats later in the war. 

Plus Uboat bases, Uboat-hunting, battleships and Tallboys, homing torpedos, Typhoons, Tempests, Beaufighters, Mosquitos, you name it.

Edited by Trog1odyte

24 minutes ago, Trog1odyte said:

If Scandinavia, I would prefer Norway and to a lesser degree Denmark.

You prefer Battle of Denmark over Winter War or Continuation War?

Why not Battle of Sweden? Nice and peaceful. 

They have a plan with posible future DLCs, and if Leningrad front was part of any close future plan they would never alow group of moders to make project like the map they are making, so no chance Devs gona make that DLC.

Moders will hopefully finish the map next year and then youll be able to use most of airplanes we have in game for SP and MP on that map, no need for early war DLC over it, more likely is one or two collectable airplanes for when map is finished.

27 minutes ago, Trog1odyte said:

If Scandinavia, I would prefer Norway and to a lesser degree Denmark. North Sea inclusive.

In both Denmark and Norway there were larger airdrop operations and naval operations during Weserübung. 

We could get British early war planes like Hampden, Wellingtons, Blenheims,  convoy ops mid-war

and British carrier operations with Corsairs and Hellcats later in the war. 

Plus Uboat bases, Uboat-hunting, battleships and Tallboys, homing torpedos, Typhoons, Tempests, Beaufighters, Mosquitos, you name it.

and how big would map be ? and what airplanes would axis have that are already not in game ? its pipe dream

Edited by 77.CountZero

58 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

and how big would map be ? and what airplanes would axis have that are already not in game ? its pipe dream

Map would be big, I agree. But map of whole finnish front would not be small either.

Maybe it's time for multiple maps per DLC. Whole North Sea does not need to be covered though, only the

routes of the Murmansk convoys and the German iron ore convoys. Mostly in the vicinity of Norway.

New German airplanes: early Bf 109s, 110s and Ju 87s. BV 138, Do 217, He 115, Ju 188, Me 410.

Edited by Trog1odyte

I fully agree, Finland should be next, it is a part of the war in the east that has always fasinated those interested in aviation, the epic struggle of the few against the many again comes to the fore again here and what a amazing set of aircraft.:drinks:

While I love the Hurricane and hope it will come to the series I do think the MS-406 and Fokker D.XXI have a better claim to be part of the DLC, what a choice to have to make though for the development team, so many great types and some that could be used on other maps, what is not to like.:cool:

As for the map, Kanttori and his team created some amazing work for the old game, to have them work on projects for this series would be awesome, I do hope Jason and the team give them all the help and encouragement they deserve.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1