Jason_Williams

Developer Diary 230 - Discussion

In light of our crammed schedule we simply leave you with some new images of our P-38J-25 and P-51D-15 and a shot of our A.I. B-25 from Battle of Bodenplatte! 

Enjoy!

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 17
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 8

First ?  thanks Devs :yahoo:

First?

*edit: Nope, second. Shoulda opened the site then made breakfast, not the other way round. Beauty images BTW.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Haha 3

Ponies and Mitchell's and Lightning's......On my!  Everybody sing. :yahoo:

Some beautiful eye candy! 

However, i cant help but wonder wat skins we get for the P-51D and P-38J. Any chance we can get a list with the names of the skins?? 😊

BlackHellHound1

:salute:

Wow, this DD is pure eye candy! I'm also happy to see those wonderful skins (the RAF is my fav from them). Thanks to your hard work, can't wait to see my babies ingame. 😄

Also i really like the yellow stripe, that was added to the P-51 Cockpit :) not to mention the sweet (at the moment AI) B-25.

• Upvote 1

I sincerely hope we get to fly that lovely b25!

• Upvote 6

Those P-51 and P-38 shots are incredible. The skins look great. It appears the twin booms on the Lightning aren't mirrored as they were in the old IL-2. That is good news indeed.

Two of my very favorite aircraft! Can't wait! :pilot: Thanks for the pics - all look beautiful (just some a little more than others :lol:).

Edited by Redwo1f

Man, my talons are cold today, wish I could warm them up...
*sees happily burning Luftwaffe airplane in pics*
This is why I love these devs, they anticipate my desires before I even have them! 

"AI B-25"? Yeah, it ain't gonna stay that way for long. You can't just model a beauty like that and not make her flyable. It's against the laws of nature. 

Beautiful pics as per usual. Those models are just great. The team is consistently delivering top quality at a pace no other flight sim can mange. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Looks great - just as an FYI to the team, the top surface invasion stripes of the B-25s were gone before our campaign begins so if this the default skin it's probably worth removing them 👍

B-25_1.jpg

Just set Glamorous Glen as my desktop and noticed, in full size, the wheels from the 262 tumbling away in the mid-upper left of the pic.

The map, models, burning "kerosene" and just the overall view is amazing.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see the Mitchell on the shots, even as an AI one 😀

B25 tarmac.jpg

11 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Just set Glamorous Glen as my desktop and noticed, in full size, the wheels from the 262 tumbling away in the mid-upper left of the pic.

The map, models, burning "kerosene" and just the overall view is amazing.

It completely exploded. Was sweet, but couldn't get a good angle with all the right ingredients for the pic.

Jason

• Like 1

Was just happy with the psuedo Easter Egg. The images are all stunning. Can't wait, it's re-energized me a bit after the long wait for this entry into the series.

I feel so good when Jason's says.... Dear Pilots. Bloody good show chaps. I have a new screensaver now.

We're so close! Look forward to going for a whirl in these machines, hopefully in some cooler weather - my PC got so hot sometimes this summer it sounded like an Me-262 was taking off right beside me.

Edited by Lord_Strange
Typo

The Eagles are coming! The Eagles are coming!

What is the story of the the P-51 "Ole IV" with the Cyrillic and hammer and sickle on it? 

2 weeks... at least

Nice pics. Fortunately also a few pics of how I will see those aircrafts in game, from their 6, so I will recognize them. :fly:

And even one pic of the result of this:hunter:, a pony throwing off his jockey:negative:

:P

• Haha 1