Sign in to follow this  
gimpy117

UTK-1 turret for A-20

will we ever get the soviet field modification of the UTK-1 turret? 800 some A-20's had this modification and I would love for the gunner to finally have some ammo capacity in the A-20. 

utk turret a20.jpg

• Upvote 1

Not relevant for the current timeframe of the game.

11 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

Not relevant for the current timeframe of the game.

Are you sure?

"Already in the early fall of 1942, Soviet engineers experimented with installing domestically-built UTK-1 turrets to increase the dorsal turret’s fire power. Pleased with the results, Deputy Air Force Commander Colonel-General A.V. Vorozheykin ordered the modification to be carried out on 54 aircraft, which were then sent to the 221st Division at Stalingrad. "

https://vvsairwar.com/2018/01/09/the-douglas-a-20-havoc-boston-in-soviet-service/

10 hours ago, bzc3lk said:

Are you sure?

I asked VikS about it back when the plane was under development, and he said that those first A-20s were sent to the front immediately without any extensive mods made. Also, @Brano discusses the topic here:

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, LukeFF said:

I asked VikS about it back when the plane was under development, and he said that those first A-20s were sent to the front immediately without any extensive mods made. Also, @Brano discusses the topic here:

yeah but we have maps into 43 and 44 with the a-20. was it not deployed with the turret then? i'm confused. I've read 50 some of the first mods were even tired out n Stalingrad 

6 minutes ago, gimpy117 said:

I've read 50 some of the first mods were even tired out n Stalingrad

"It was request of VVS deputy commander G.A.Vorozheykin to NKAP to modify urgently 54 A-20Bs dated 30.10.1942. No proof it has been also carried out. Bostons were usually put into action immediately after arrival and there was little time to send them for extensive modifications."

On 9/12/2019 at 7:11 PM, LukeFF said:

"It was request of VVS deputy commander G.A.Vorozheykin to NKAP to modify urgently 54 A-20Bs dated 30.10.1942. No proof it has been also carried out. Bostons were usually put into action immediately after arrival and there was little time to send them for extensive modifications."

then why are there pictures of VVS aircraft with the turret. sometime before 1945 this was done. with many multiplayer maps in later war plane sets and bodenplate seems that it's not within the real of impossibility to start seeing modified A-20's