BlitzPig_EL

New Collector Planes Speculation Thread.

Posted (edited)

Pe-3 or Bf 110F

Dreaming

Edited by Godspeed
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

spit XIV

B-25

That's where my money is.

The B-25 is almost certain: the devs specifically said they were developing it specifically with the possibility of making it a collector's aircraft later on. Plus, the allies are in dire need of an actual medium bomber, so the B-25 would fit that role very well (AND it saw use on the eastern front by the soviets!).

And the Spit XIV, well, I think that's just a very obvious possibility. They already have the Spit modeled, but are missing the ultimate combat expression of the Spitfire line. Adding the XIV is a no-brainer.

In both cases, adding these aircraft will be like printing money. People will gobble them up (of course, the same can be said of many others).

• Upvote 1

HMMMM...…. I THINK IT'S THE AR-234 AND THE MOSQUITO hardly mentioned before

Posted (edited)

me-410 and mossie 😍

edit: Above is would I would love to get but what I think is most likely is B-25 and something else. Maybe a storch to balance out the U2. or possible the Yak 9 that everyone wants.

Edited by pfrances
  • Upvote 1

Hurricane and Fw 189... they have been requested since forever... be sure!

• Upvote 1

I changed my mind. I like a JU 188 and a B 26

I dont think there a chance in hell this will happen, but I change the topic to what I like it to be

ooo, plane launch-able torpedoes would be cool!

1 hour ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

That's where my money is.

The B-25 is almost certain: the devs specifically said they were developing it specifically with the possibility of making it a collector's aircraft later on. Plus, the allies are in dire need of an actual medium bomber, so the B-25 would fit that role very well (AND it saw use on the eastern front by the soviets!).

And the Spit XIV, well, I think that's just a very obvious possibility. They already have the Spit modeled, but are missing the ultimate combat expression of the Spitfire line. Adding the XIV is a no-brainer.

In both cases, adding these aircraft will be like printing money. People will gobble them up (of course, the same can be said of many others).

It's low hanging fruit.  No chance that they'll pass it up.  They can add 150 octane to other Allied fighters at the same time.

I'll play a guessing game.
I want: Ar-234 and B-25.
But most likely this:
Li-2 & Yak-9 (which is generally good).

:)

38 minutes ago, CUJO_1970 said:

Hurricane 

IAR-80

It won't be them.....but it should be them.

• Upvote 1

My wish is : Spitfire Mk. XIV, Yak-9T and Gloster Meteor F Mk.III

What i expect to happend is: Li-2, Yak-9 and B-25

7 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Li-2

Would love it, but for future i would be more optimistic and more happy if they build a C 47. I would not be unhappy flying it as a stand in for LI 2 in eastern front

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I should say this is a logical choice;

C47/DC3/LI2 one plane

Yak-9 many variants possible and a big gap stopped.

Typhoon, why not ?

other versions of the Spitfire, there are never enough Spitfires. And still none with a bubble canopy.

Hs219 ???

Mosquito in his many versions even marauder.

Ta-152 ?

and many other are possible if time frame is not a restrain like;

I153

MC200

IAR80

He112

Fokker DXXI

Gloster Gladiator

Dornier last bombers

etc...:salute:

P-47 Razorback and Me-410

B-17 and B-24 (one has to dream). 

Dornier 17 and Hurricane IIB (Murmansk?) 

P51B and Me163

Just a few thoughts :)

• Upvote 1

I doubt it would be the B-25, as they already said no to the turrets at this time. 

The Mosquito seems highly likely and would be irresistible to many. 

The Ar-234 seems like another probable candidate being single cockpit, distinct from yet more 109 and 190s, and a further chance for the devs to stretch their legs in the jet department.  

1 hour ago, 4driano said:

I wanted these two.
I know it is not going to happen but I dream of flying them in VR.

They already exist in RoF so hopefully,  eventually..........:salute:

20 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I doubt it would be the B-25, as they already said no to the turrets at this time. 

The Mosquito seems highly likely and would be irresistible to many. 

The Ar-234 seems like another probable candidate being single cockpit, distinct from yet more 109 and 190s, and a further chance for the devs to stretch their legs in the jet department.  

The Meteor is a single seater, and a jet, just sayin.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Do you have a link to this announcement?  

We need training, liason, and spotting aircraft; therefore:
Fieseler Fi 156 Storch
de Havilland DH.82 Tiger Moth
Piper L-4 Grasshopper Light Observation Aircraft

• Upvote 3

While there is a difference between my wishlist and my speculation list, I suspect they will draw from:

Yak-3

C-47

Spit XIV

B-25

The fighters keep near parity performance-wise with the Germans and the Yak-3 would be very welcomed by our Russian clientele. The 47 makes sense on both fronts where the Li-2 variant doesn’t exactly and the B-25 is, in fact, low hanging fruit. I’d prefer to see the Mosquito included but find it unlikely at this point in time.

Yak-4

Rogozarski IK-3

Vultee P-66

Breda Ba.88

Zodiac MBZ-3

But seriously the IAR 81

I'd like to see the Ar234 for the Luftwaffe, and either the B25 or the Mosquito for the Allies.

Providing radar could be implemented, the Hs219 would be another cool option. But I guess that would be too much of a challenge.

I just hope there won't be yet another Me109 for the Germans (as much as I like that plane).

I think a narrower view of what might be on offer needs to be taken here if you want to set expectations. If you want to just do wishlists that's fine too :)

It looks like 1CGS will be following the same pattern that they have before with IL-2: Battle of Kuban getting the La-5FN and Bf109G-6 added on at the end of the development cycle. That informs what's happening here and that means that the aircraft are likely to be Bodenplatte oriented. It's also likely that at least one of them is a modification of an aircraft that already exists (i.e. a Bf109G-4 to G-6). Finally, 1CGS may also leave room for themselves should they tackle another Western Europe title in the near or far future.

That narrows the list considerably.

I also suspect that, due to time constraints, that it won't be the B-25. I think what will happen is that a future title (possibly the next one) includes it as a flyable and that the interior is built over the course of that project.

I could be wrong on all of this but I still think the most likely candidates are the Ar234 and the Spitfire XIV. The Mosquito, Meteor, A-20G, and others are all possibilities too. It's harder to find another German type on the list that could be done and that would be worthwhile. Some would clamor for the FW190A-9 and that's fair. A more exotic D-13 or Ta152H-0 could be done too. Those are getting pretty rare though and the series has typically done more typical types.

I thought about some other American types but I can't think of any that offer a substantial enough change. I.e. a P-38L is going to be very very similar to the J-25 we're getting.

We'll see! Lots to be excited about!

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

As Shamrock rightly pointed out, it's likely these aircraft will be BoBP specific. In the DD AnPetrovich said "a couple cool Collector Planes" so it'll only be two aircraft unless he used the term 'couple' incorrectly which does happen.

My money is on the Spitfire XIV for certain because it has been heavily requested, is time and map compliant, the required info exists and because Spits generate hype. It's an easy sell.

It's possible the devs could go with another Allied aircraft but I suspect they'll go with a LW type for the second Collector aircraft. I guess the easy options would be another late model 109 or 190, such as the A-9.

Edited by HBPencil

@Shamrock

Didn't Jason mention the Li-2/C-47 and Yak-9 in one of your interviews?

• Upvote 1

Sure we were told at some point that when the team are looking at more sophistication to produce ,cost, time to produce, we are looking at twin engine aircraft and jets.

Most likely we are looking at single engine aircraft,take your pick.

8 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I doubt it would be the B-25, as they already said no to the turrets at this time

Hmm, they stated several times in the past that increasing the rendering distance of 10km is a no go;)

As Custard said before … these two are in final tests as you can see (due to intelligence informations).

For sure  - no doubt!

B17-102.JPG

B17-103.JPG

Me210-16.JPG

• Upvote 1

A P-51B/C airframe could work for the 8th and 9th AF squadrons still using them at this time (roughly 10-15% of all US-Mustangs were B/C models at VE-day), as well as Mustang III for RAF's 2nd TAF. On top, it would work as the basis for the F-6B/C of the Tac Recce units, that also saw quite some action in the map area.

Quite a relevant airplane IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I bet on these:

• Arado Ar234
  • Yak 9
  • C-47/DC-3/Li-2
  • De Havilland Mosquito

:)

Edited by SCG_ErwinP

Posted (edited)

My logical guess would be a Mosquito and the Arado Ar 234.

1. BoBP is the only BoX product that does not have flyable bombers.
  2. Ar 234 and Mosquito only require a pilot station to be modeled as neither aircraft had a gunners station.
  3. The Jumo 004 and Merlin engine behavior and characteristics already exist in the game.
  4. Points 2 and 3 mean they would much quicker to model.
  5. They would be very popular.

It could be an early LaGG3 for BoM and a YaK9 for Kuban but while I would love both I think the sales would pale in comparison to the above.

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 2

Me 410 and Mossie, a dream pairing 

or

B-25 and Ar 234, to make use of some of the work they already done for the 262 and AI B-25

• Upvote 1