J99_Himmelhund

Problems with spawned objects

The pictures explain best what I mean.

add-by-dialog-works.thumb.jpg.13e99c2e583c572eeaed22127b79f252.jpg

add-by-dialog-not-works.thumb.jpg.b10b8333f4f0fc047b3c8e5aa4eaffc3.jpg

Proxi-works.thumb.jpg.f11a0e248ec79e7c494aa84a9b19e772.jpg

Proxi-not-works.thumb.jpg.05c0f84213a0b57e32efd1dc8b7d4741.jpg

Whenever I leave vehicles or planes spawned, triggers such as proximity or check zones no longer work. Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, or should not it work?

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, J99_Himmelhund said:

The pictures explain best what I mean.

Whenever I leave vehicles or planes spawned, triggers such as proximity or check zones no longer work. Am I doing something wrong, is this a bug, or should not it work?

Re. picture 2:

• Add by Dialog is for adding a "wingman" object to a formation leader object. Instead, select the spawner, press Shift+O, and click on the vehicle to create an object link.
  • You can spawn a formation (by spawning the leader, not the wingman) but the wingmen do not follow orders given to the leader. Instead, activate the leader.

I'm not familiar with how the Input/Output helper MCUs work. In the RoF editor manual, they were used as placeholders for an incoming/outgoing target link from an MCU or message link from an object. See the following in the editor manual:

• Manage Connections Between Mission Icons (pg. 19)
  • Manage Object Formations (pg. 74)
  • Create or Delete an Object While a Mission is Running (pg. 107)

Edited by JimTM

On 8/11/2019 at 7:29 PM, JimTM said:

Re. picture 2:

• Add by Dialog is for adding a "wingman" object to a formation leader object. Instead, select the spawner, press Shift+O, and click on the vehicle to create an object link.
  • You can spawn a formation (by spawning the leader, not the wingman) but the wingmen do not follow orders given to the leader. Instead, activate the leader.

I'm not familiar with how the Input/Output helper MCUs work. In the RoF editor manual, they were used as placeholders for an incoming/outgoing target link from an MCU or message link from an object. See the following in the editor manual:

• Manage Connections Between Mission Icons (pg. 19)
  • Manage Object Formations (pg. 74)
  • Create or Delete an Object While a Mission is Running (pg. 107)

Hello JimTM,
Thank you for your response!

I do not really use the helpers. Here I have used this only symbolically.
The spawner in picture 2 is connected to the cars with object links. This is difficult to recognize in the picture.

If I create a convoy of vehicles (2nd vehicle add by Dialog to leader ...) and this convoy exists with the start of the map, the vehicles behave like this:
Each vehicle moves exactly to the activated waypoint and only then does it change direction to the next waypoint.
The vehicles keep their distance from each other.
If a vehicle is destroyed, the others drive past it without touching it.
The waypoints only need an Object Link to the Leader.

If exactly the same Convoy is to be used much later and spawned then, this connection will not work anymore.
That was exactly my 1st question. Why does a formation with Spawner not work exactly like a formation without Spawner?

So now I have to connect all the waypoints to each vehicle with Object Links.
When the 1st vehicle now reaches the activated waypoint, all vehicles simultaneously change their direction of travel to the next waypoint and collisions can no longer be ruled out.
In addition, the premature change of direction on streets in Citys has fatal consequences.

I help me so that every vehicle gets its own waypoints. So they can drive exactly the same route.

Now the monitoring of the distance of the vehicles is missing.

At RoF I did that with proximity triggers. With Further and Closer and the commands Stop and Continue you could control that well.
With IL-2, these triggers no longer work with spawned vehicles. Also with 'Check Zone' I get no more output signal with spawned objects.

That was my 2nd question.

Why do not the Trigger Proximity and Check Zone work with spawned objects?

4 hours ago, J99_Himmelhund said:

If exactly the same Convoy is to be used much later and spawned then, this connection will not work anymore.
That was exactly my 1st question. Why does a formation with Spawner not work exactly like a formation without Spawner?

I don't know why a formation does not work if it's spawned; I just know that it does not work.

So now I have to connect all the waypoints to each vehicle with Object Links.
When the 1st vehicle now reaches the activated waypoint, all vehicles simultaneously change their direction of travel to the next waypoint and collisions can no longer be ruled out.
In addition, the premature change of direction on streets in Citys has fatal consequences.

I help me so that every vehicle gets its own waypoints. So they can drive exactly the same route.

Now the monitoring of the distance of the vehicles is missing.

Some people have implemented a separate waypoint route for each member of a spawned formation. 

At RoF I did that with proximity triggers. With Further and Closer and the commands Stop and Continue you could control that well.
With IL-2, these triggers no longer work with spawned vehicles. Also with 'Check Zone' I get no more output signal with spawned objects.

That was my 2nd question.

Why do not the Trigger Proximity and Check Zone work with spawned objects?

I haven't tested this issue. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

I see that this is a Dogfight Mission. Are you attempting to test this using the "In Game" Dogfight Server software or an "Independent DServer"?

Checkzones and Proximity MCUs do not work with the "In Game" Dogfight Server software. These will only work online with the "In Game" CoOP Mission software or through an "Independent Dserver" Period. Has been this way since the Dogfight and CoOP software were introduced to BOX several updates ago and duly reported as a bug.

To Check your logic for the routines, use SP or transfer mission to "Independent Dserver". 

Input/Output may not work at all within BoX. This isn't RoF and as you are learning many RoF functions do not work within BoX. I would stress to make sure the Proximity and/or Checkzones are fired off using Mission Begin or other direct means when the Objects are spawned (Proximity) or approaching as in the case for (Checkzones). 

Good Luck with your Mission Designing,

Tip

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello and thank you for your answers!
It may be because of my bad language skills, but I can not properly understand the [DBS] Tx_Tip executions.
Do you mean with "In Game Dogfight Server"- Start Il-2.exe -> Enter -> Multiplayer -> Dogfight -> Create Server?
Then yes, that's how I tested it.
I have read your answer. Then I uploaded a simple map (image) to our dedicated serverand started from there.
Did you mean that with 'Independent DServer'?
Even so, the Proximity Trigger does not work. If I remove the spawner, I get the text displayed when the one drives away from the other vehicle.Spawner-Further.thumb.jpg.57a759d6f8c3171004ccd908216fdff5.jpg

I see now you are testing as a CoOP Mission and yes an Independent Dserver would not be your games create server.

Your mission will never work as shown even if you make the correct changes to it as you will not be able to adjust the distance between vehicles or planes of the same coalition using a Proximity MCU (further) as the coalition object itself will always be within the radius.

There are several flaws within your logic and use of the Proximity MCU.

1st the Proximity MCU has no vehicle coalition set.  Secondly you have as its objects 2 separate vehicles. 1 per customer please. Thirdly it is activated (fired off) after the objects are spawned within the radius you have set in any event. The text is showing due to the timer. Not because the vehicle is moving off. Have a Mission Begin as I mentioned activate the Proximity before its object is spawned within a MP environment.

Within JimTMs Editor Manual, which he mentions above, is the proper usage of the Proximity MCU and he has already given you good advice with creating a convoy made up of individual waypoints and associated MCUs. I would pursue that for your mission. If they get a little spread out so be it. Or use an activated convoy dialoged linked and deal with the possible collisions through towns if attacked by controlling the convoy through MCUs and triggers.

I believe this will be my last advice with regards to your issues. The ME takes a bit of seasoning to get the desired results and in some cases it may not always be possible to achieve what one wishes to do.

Good Luck with your Mission Designing.

Tip