FlyingNutcase

Seeking graphics adjustments to help out with red/brown color blindness.

Posted (edited)

Hi Chaps,

As one of about 8% of us all who have color blindness of some sort, I was just wondering whether anyone has found some combo of graphics settings or via third party tools like Reshader or SweetFX or whatever, that helps to avoid losing planes, especially against forests, but the landscape in general.

Fingers crossed...

Edited by FlyingNutcase
  • Upvote 1

I'm with you in that 8%.  I'm not aware of anything that can assist though.  The black dot style used to help in the old Il-2, but the devs said just a couple of weeks ago that they are specifically avoiding depicting distant aircraft that way.

• Thanks 1

I've just been looking at Reshade. the "Vibrance" setting allows you to emphasise one colour channel over thje others.

• Thanks 1

With you there as well. If a solution pops up, I'll be glad to check it out. However, I never really found this to be a serious issue, but this is probably more the consequence of me flying an IL-2 most of the time and therefore hiding from the trouble instead of searching for it. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2019 at 10:15 PM, KpgQuop said:

I've just been looking at Reshade. the "Vibrance" setting allows you to emphasise one colour channel over thje others.

Thanks - I'll have a play with it sometime.

On 8/6/2019 at 9:52 AM, CrazyDuck said:

With you there as well. If a solution pops up, I'll be glad to check it out. However, I never really found this to be a serious issue, but this is probably more the consequence of me flying an IL-2 most of the time and therefore hiding from the trouble instead of searching for it. 

Indeed, I fly bombers, which largely avoids the issue, but it would be nice to be able to mix it up (successfully) at times. I'll post here if I find anything useful, like in Reshade.

Before trying reshade I would check hue and vibrance settings in graphics card driver settings or in monitor settings - game might look ridiculous after you are done but it might be the easiest thing to try that might help. 

• Thanks 1

Why before trying Reshade..
No need to mess around with colour channels which do not change the tone at all.

@FlyingNutcase
There already is a shader included with Reshade to help with color blindness.
It's called "Daltonize".

Edited by =TBAS=Sschatten14
  • Thanks 1