TheOldCrow

What's your favorite BoX plane?

Posted (edited)

FW190 A5

BF110-G2

IL2 1943

Il2 is not enough realized in my opinion as a good plane. Its slow, but can take hard damage and its 37mm is out of question. And the game is named after it.

Prefer two engine planes and bombers.

Would be nice to see the B25 Mitchell flyable and would be superb to have a four engines planes, such as B17. Flew it a lot in IL2 1946 (mod).

Edited by Fisheye
  • Like 1

P-39, but only in VR. In 2d screen Cobra is spoiled by poor visibility when in VR with 3D cockpit visibility is very good and the percieved shape of the cockpit is very diffirent and only then i know why pilots like the visibility of the Cobra.

• Like 1

I'd have to say the Mig-3. The amount of options in weaponry, the look, and the sound when you go into combat setting. I also really like the small canopy and the dash layout. And of course the fact that I have had some very nice early war sorties in it online!

We'll see if the mustang or lightning can compete once they drop!

• Like 1

Spitfire (of course), I16 (just because it has character like a mini), P40, and the LA5fn when I finally get round to affording that!

• Like 1

Right now, it's the 262.

Having an absolute blast with that thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fisheye said:

Would be nice to see the B25 Mitchell flyable and would be superb to have a four engines planes, such as B17. Flew it a lot in IL2 1946 (mod).

While I agree, I don't want to see another bomber unless it comes with a proper bomb site interface. That one shortcut they've implemented stands starkly against the rest of this quality sim.

Posted (edited)
On 7/18/2019 at 12:49 AM, CUJO_1970 said:

Right now, it's the 262.

Having an absolute blast with that thing.

Well, it's hard to control for a rookie like me, ME 262 keeps crashing landing running off the runway at times, and the MC202 is also tough to keep from falling from the sky during a dog fight. Eyetalian cars are a bit like that; i like driving an Alfa Romeo, but be careful with the stick with sharp corners. A Fiat is called Fix It Again Tony in Ireland.

I consider myself a fun player, not as much a historical buff. However i like the realistic aspects, but it's a computer game still.

For ease of mind these peas of a kind seem to be quite forgiving for newbies: A20, Sturmovik, Beaufighter, Hurricane & Spit, and more like the I16 and Yak7b.

And i like the Mosquito and P51 in the old 1946 version. In 1946 it seems quite easier to destroy enemy planes with machine guns.

With rockets i never seem to hit any thing BTW.

Most German fighter planes i sort of hate due the thick cockpit window reinforcements, making it less fun as half my computer views are filled by these tree trunks.

Should be a transparency setting for that .... So i'll stick chasing them with the above  Should be fun when this P51 comes out !!

One i would like to see is a flyable Avro Lancaster, or B17

Edited by jollyjack

Posted (edited)

Fw190 A3 for me best early war fighter

190 D9. Im a terror on berloga in this idk why everyone raves about the kurfurst the d9 is way more deadly in my hands

109 F4 G6 G14 i love my 109s.. Earlier war or later war I do ok in these

Spit IXe best allied plane for me by far.  I always binf a seperate button for my .50s. Gunnerys my strongest point and often I kill enemy planes just with long range deflection shots using just the 50s

Yak1b for that great rear view this one Im less effective in the actual killing it just handles well and whatnot..i dont seal the deal as much as id like though

Yak7b for those 2 12.7s this is like the obverse. But if I get behind a jerry theyre in trouble

La5fn im terrible until i fly 5 or 10 sorties. Then im used to the high placed guns.  Thats whem im dangerous in this.

Me110 for ground attack this is my goto. I dont take any armor i rely on the speed.  One pass opening fire dtrafing early and firing guns entire run, drop the bombs when its time

Il2 ' great ground attacker but

A20 is the best.  Seriously it can do what an Il2 does and I just "trust" her more

Berloga is relaxing for me - I get kills etc. But I need to get better especially at spotting etc.  Because Im still stuck at no kills / very few on TAW and WOL. Anyway though Berloga has made me itch dearly for FC. Ill be keeping my eye out for sales on that etc.  Shame I got into RoF so late theres a lot of charm in those planes.

I was surprised in Berloga though taking the P47.  Theure always easy meat for me especially in a D9. Flying them I died a lot but was shocked at the fight I could put up, and yeah with 10 to 15% flaps I could turn ebough to pull lead on a Kurfurst or 190 and shred em.  So some kills in the p47 :) i always have to swtich to red team because the teams are so inbalanced which does annoy me

Thanks @Big_Al_the_Allo always love your posts and stuff :)

best a20 story :  I was pretty new. On WOL. Server had some funky weather going on. I took off and forgot to shut my inner radiators.  So the planes chuggin along damn near shaking itself to death. I msg "is anyone else getting hella turbulence?" Everyone said yeah. To this day Idk if there was turbulence or they were f'ing with me. Lmao. I flew 3/4s the mission like that.  A wrong keystroke closed them a little.. Which caused a WTF? And noticeably smooth flight after. Sigh. Lol

Edited by Sublime
  • Like 1

To be honest I have my favourites yes and when I bought an Oculus Rift S they became more so.

FW190 A series and BF109 series.

specifically equal at FW190A8  and the  BF109G6.

Don't know exactly, just the way they look and the cockpit presentation that you appreciate more in VR.

I go back and forth between the I-16 and the P-47. As close to polar opposites as you can get in an aircraft, but there it is. I guess I just like big radials. 😄

• Like 1

Blue, 110 series easily, wonderfully versatile and packs a hell of a punch.

Red, probably the Pe-2, it's nippy and well armed for a light/medium.

as you can tell I really like twins...

On 7/17/2019 at 7:32 PM, pfrances said:

While I agree, I don't want to see another bomber unless it comes with a proper bomb site interface. That one shortcut they've implemented stands starkly against the rest of this quality sim.

Well lets hope they don't listen to you!

Seriously though, the bomb-sight is, imho, not a good reason to wish against expanding the mud moving fleet. While I would love to see some interesting new work on the sight, I am more than happy with the current utility.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Axis: 109 G6. I’m one of the few that likes the look of the 13mm gun bulges, and I enjoy the challenge of fighting in it compared to the earlier F4/G2/G4 (its contemporaries perform quite a bit better). The Mk108 option makes for some interesting results too. 

Allies: P-47. I get that the FM needs some fine tuning, but it’s just an awesome plane to fly, and the 8x .50s make it really fun to fight in. I love the polished aluminum as well. Not sure if the P-51 will become my new favorite or just supplement it. 

Someone else mentioned how VR changes cockpits. Totally agree. The FW-190 cockpit goes from a canopy framed mess (looking forward that is) to simply awesome when flown in VR. The Spitfire cockpit goes from dull (just my opinion) to exciting in VR as well. 

Edited by Go_Pre

I really like jumping from cockpit to cockpit, each one of them is a beauty of her own, sometimes I even dream about having two rigs so I can ride two of them at the same time!

Wonder what Freud would have to say about me...

ME262 A1b

E18EA932-6917-4CAE-9478-4F65718AEAAC.png

1 hour ago, CrazyDuck said:

Wonder what Freud would have to say about me...

Depends...in the dream, do you have a cigar?