=gRiJ=Roman-

What's left for the Luftwaffe?

12 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The HF is in the mod list for the IX.  

Weeeell, you can put in the Merlin 70 but it is basically an LF - there are  a list of small differences between them. 

• Haha 1

My dream, but with no real usage in the game:

He-219 A-1 Uhu

Just should-be-there

Do-17 and/or Do-217

Nice to have:

Me 410

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

This is actually where we are heading with this wishlist. 

My greatest fear 

That's all it is. A wishlist. Let people dream their dreams. I seriously doubt the developers pay the least attention to threads suggesting very obscure airplanes.

Edited by Rjel
  • Upvote 1

This one is a little difficult if you restrict it to aircraft that were seeing regular usage towards the end of the war

Bf 109G-10

Fw 190A/F-9 

Ta 152H-0/1 

Me 410*

He 162A-2 collector aircraft

* The 410 was operated in the tactical recon role right up until the end of the war, alongside the Do 217, and I base the possibility that they did fly on the fact that the aircraft were around 50:50 unserviceable in the NAGr units.  By comparison, in the AGr/FAGr units performing strategic recon, aircraft and in particular the Do 217s had a 1:1 serviceable rate, suggesting that they had plenty of time to fix them, and not a whole lot of time to break things by actually flying them.

• Upvote 1

We need to start from the beginning .... 1939 west or 1941 east as you wish, Europe obviously. For the PTO, I hope for the announcement :)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Upvote 3

On 7/11/2019 at 7:47 PM, Red_Cat said:

Well, four-engine aircraft won't get into the series so unfortunately

Four-engine aircraft are perfectly possible, as we’ve seen with the Ilya Muromets in RoF. It’s just aircraft with big crews, like the B-17, that can’t work in the game at the moment.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

We need to start from the beginning .... 1939 west or 1941 east as you wish, Europe obviously. For the PTO, I hope for the announcement :)

1939 in the east (Poland) 1940 in the west (France)😋

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

1939 in the east (Poland) 1940 in the west (France)😋

Ups! You're absolutely right :)

7 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

This is actually where we are heading with this wishlist. 

My greatest fear 

Did a double take on that pic, thinking that is not real!

This is something similar to what color we add to the palette of the range of colors we already have?

The correct question would be: What devices of the Luftwaffe are necessary from a historical point of view?

And it would also be necessary to differentiate which are necessary to be able to fly with a cabin and which can be added only as planes manned by artificial intelligence.

For example, the Do-17 I think it is necessary as a plane with a cabin and that you can fly. The Arado Ar 196 can be only IA. And also the Fi 156 Storch can be IA. The IA is needed for historical missions with historical script. And only make planes that can be flown if it is really going to be feasible and surely there will be many pilots flying it on servers.

My wishes aren't all necessarily Luftwaffe, but more German, European Axis, Finnish

Ta 152

Me 410

Brewster F2A Buffalo

IAR-80/81

(And if or when the Mediterranean theater gets included) Fiat G.55

• Upvote 2

Start by filling the holes in the current lineup:

Ju-87B/R for Moscow 

Ju-87D5 for Stalingrad/Kuban

Me-110F1/F2 for Stalingrad. Probably the biggest missing need plane

He-177 for Stalingrad, was used as a transport aircraft 

Hs-129 for Moscow 

Then you can look at planes that make sense:

Fw-190A9 as a bodenplatte collector

Then the “stuff we want” category:

Fw-190A6

Me-410

Do-217

Ju-188/Ju-88S. Also give mg131 rear gun mod for A4

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Would very much like to see a late version 109G-6 added, to better bridge the gap in the 109 line in the start of Bodenplatte. 

IMO 109 G10.

...but what what I wanna really see are the Me 163, the He 162 and and the Ho 229 😎

• Upvote 2

I thought I was happy with the Bf109 E7, F2, F4, G2, G4, G6, G14 and K4 variations but now that you mention it I really do miss the G10 version from CFS3.  

And now knowing that there wasn't just a G-6 but also a late G-6 version that we don't have, makes me feel that there's simply too big a gap in the aircraft lineup.  It would be great to get a new release with just those two aircraft plus some other sub-variants of the Bf109 like the Z version along with the G8 and the G12 to help start closing the gaps, or at least get a running start on these gaps. Which is more like a chasm, given the way things are now. 

I'd suggest pairing them with a new map based on a 4 square km area near the tip of where Ukraine meets up with Slovakia and Hungary, which would comprise a new full "Battle of Uzhhorod" release.  This reduced map size could also be the new standard going forward to help address complaints about rendering distance.

VVS aircraft set is fine the way it is, nothing else needed, which will also help with development timelines. 

Edited by Stoopy
Forgot about the Bf109 F-0 we also don't have
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Stoopy said:

Battle of Uzhhorod"

Battle of Uzhhorod? Please help me remember this. Was it that famous battle between two german and three russian tanks followed by ten infantry soldiers, in which a german Bf109 G10 (early, well not too early, but more early than late version) tried to kill a russian IL-2 model 08/05/1944, 11.11h (however it was never really cleared without a last bit of doubt by historians, if it was already summertime or still the default wintertime)?

• Haha 1

That sounds really really close to what I remember hearing from the old Russian cleaning woman that used to hose down our cells out at the Home, except that I'd think there would only be two russian tanks because she said one of them broke down past the other end of the fence, so technically it would be on a different map (and hence release).  But, her reliability as a witness to the battle could easily be questioned.

:biggrin:

Edited by Stoopy
  • Haha 2

The 190 A6 was always my favourite, but it is not really a priority.

Ar-234 remains the biggest gap for Bp, with maybe Hs-123, Ju-87 variants and Do-17 for Moscow.

Me-410 really lacks a map, IMHO.

Of course, give the BoBp timeframe, the other answer is:

- White flag

- Someone to offer surrender.

But that is probably not much fun.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Of course, give the BoBp timeframe, the other answer is:

- White flag

- Someone to offer surrender.

But that is probably not much fun.

I heard theyre working with a kickstarter to make a Hell Let Loose type game where when you play BoBP after Jan 1 45 Il2 shuts down and you join a lobby of an FPS with a shi*ty rifle 😄

• Haha 1

-Me 410 A/B Operated as a light bomber and heavy fighter/destroyer (Zerstorer) the bomb bay was multi-use holding either bombs, cannons or a camera. A very unique gunner too.

-He 219 A-7 Uhu A cool nachtjager though radar would be tricky to implement. (maybe a screen similar to mini map? A quick view of the radar screen while in pilot seat? Beeps and boops?)

-JU 188  The successor to the JU-88. JU-88C would be a fighter variant of the 88.

-HE 177 This would be very cool and unique if the devs were willing to overlook engine issues due to tight nacelles impeding maintenance. 1,169 were built. Introduced in 1942

-FW 189 If recon was used to greater affect in multiplayer. As in icons lingering for a while after the 189 spotting targets. It does have two Mg 15s and could carry 50kg bombs. Other than that it might be boring 😕 

If we want more fighters we're just going to have to bring in more variants or late war jet projects I guess. The Ta 152 H or C would be interesting with it's heavy armament. 

Me 410.jpg

HE-219.jpg

Ju 188.jpg

He 177.jpg

Fw 189.jpg

4 hours ago, Reinhardt said:

He 219 A-7 Uhu A cool nachtjager though radar would be tricky to implement. (maybe a screen similar to mini map? A quick view of the radar screen while in pilot seat? Beeps and boops?)

I really hope for some nightfighter focused expansion, AI Halifax would be nice, i know it's big 4 engine planes but maybe it could work for night missions. Bf110 G4 would be better choice than He219. And you don't even need player operated radar, jumping from pilot position to radar just to track targets would be just annoying. AI guy should just give you all the info he reads from the radar.

This kind of radar would be ridiculus :rofl:

DvYk9kqTURBXy81N2YyMTA5MjQ3ZmI2OWZjNGZiZ

Edited by InProgress

I say Luftwaffe got a lot of fun planes left to get. 

There are a lot of Dornier recce and seaplanes to desire same about the bombers. 

Heinkel , same thing

and the zerstoerers , 

I hope they not stuck on late war

Jason talking about a possible rebuild on game engine. I believe we will se a re vitalization of what already there with added possibilities like the artillery spotting witch all sides utilized as much as they could, seaplanes , torpedo and Junker would be dandy  

23 minutes ago, InProgress said:

I really hope for some nightfighter focused expansion, AI Halifax would be nice, i know it's big 4 engine planes but maybe it could work for night missions. Bf110 G4 would be better choice than He219. And you don't even need player operated radar, jumping from pilot position to radar just to track targets would be just annoying. AI guy should just give you all the info he reads from the radar

I also would like that very much, but as I understand the required map would be huge, spanning from England all the way to East Germany.

On 7/16/2019 at 2:38 PM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Four-engine aircraft are perfectly possible, as we’ve seen with the Ilya Muromets in RoF. It’s just aircraft with big crews, like the B-17, that can’t work in the game at the moment.

A few of the British 4 engined bombers only had two or three turret positions, but that's outside the scope of this thread

26 minutes ago, Gretsch_Man said:

I also would like that very much, but as I understand the required map would be huge, spanning from England all the way to East Germany.

Why? It would be AI bombers, they don't have to take off in england. They can spawn in the air, you take off from germany and just fly at night to hunt them. No huge map required.

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

AI guy should just give you all the info he reads from the radar

After all, thats how it actually worked back then isn't it? I can't remember a single radar heavy fighter that didn't have a dedicated radar operator, and the pilot probably only got verbal input from him.

We would however have to implement better modeling of radio navigation and landing equipment/procedures. Shooting an AI lancaster in the dark with "look left, look right" tips from the radar operator is one thing, blind landing is another!

Edit: I have a memory though of a single-seat 262 with radar gear on the nose. Can't imagine how that worked but boy, that must have been a cramped cockpit.

Edited by danielprates

On 7/16/2019 at 10:27 PM, ITAF_Rani said:

Maybe this

20190716_222813.jpg

A Me-Bf200 ..... Saw quite a few in my youth, popular in Amsterdam even then, could park 'em everywhere. 

2142669949_Messerscmitt68280069-770-0@2X.thumb.jpg.5ae9aa14d3cd989a2edb9d3fca8d7a21.jpg

It even had rudder pedals and a throttle:

2034049020_Rudder_ThrottleMESSERSCHMITT_200_14.thumb.JPG.cae70be9d68b4b55968b68c8317ee3db.JPG

This one had even a trailer, maybe an idea for a glider plane see post below:

943922145_Me200withtrailer.jpg.6eba15d56bd2466beeb85c1414d39bba.jpg

PS was this a 4 wheel drive version Bf201?

Messerschmidt_1024px-FMR_Tg500_am_1976-08-14.thumb.jpg.b1279e3287d66dd840c1c593773f456c.jpg

Heinkel was also not allowed to make planes anymore, they nicknamed this one 'olifante-drol' (Effalunt dung) in Amsterdam:

Heinkel.jpg.e3767d3cfd9688a887c63d573e2d5af5.jpg

Nice cockpit picture:

1135760522_Heinkel02.jpg.02bca038e32fdee9cb25fe0d536bda36.jpg

Edited by jollyjack
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, InProgress said:

Why? It would be AI bombers, they don't have to take off in england. They can spawn in the air, you take off from germany and just fly at night to hunt them. No huge map required.

Well, that might be okay for the Luftwaffe players, but what about the players who like to fly for the RAF? IMHO any campaign in IL-2 should work for both sides.

This would be fun, even to get vehicles driving off after landing ....

Edited by jollyjack
  • Like 1