=gRiJ=Roman-

What's left for the Luftwaffe?

5 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

V-1 please, other than that maybe arado (maybe)!

Clearly time to move to PTO, all ETO stars has been used/delivered.

wrong

On 7/11/2019 at 12:49 PM, CrazyDuck said:

He 100

He 112

Hs 123

THANK YOU for being the one to finally bring up the He100!!!!!

Hs123 really deserves truly serious consideration... What an unsung close-support workhorse it was....

1 hour ago, ER*Stefan said:

images (5).jpg

Download (2).jpg

Download (3).jpg

Nice but, they won't make a four-engine plane for this series; shame, but a five-engine one has no chance! It is such a pity that the current Il-2 Box will never achieve the huge scope and compass that the old one did. All those planes and maps in the quality we have here...

On 7/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, Bremspropeller said:

I know EL would probably commit murder for a Pete.

1982003850mitsubishif1m.jpg

Bring it.

2 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Good point, you changed my opinion 😉

i'm a pretty skilled negotiator ;) 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, FurphyForum said:

Hs 123

lbQPWc.jpg

Yes please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

1982003850mitsubishif1m.jpg

Bring it.

We need the Solomons...R-Area Air Force (float planes)

Pete, Rufe, Emily

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes we do, too bad we'll never have the Emily, what with the game's allergic reaction to anything with more than three engines.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JG_deserteagle540 said:

Do335

Ta152

Bf109G10

Me410

He162

They would certainly fit with the 1.98 ata and Ez42 approach.

3 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

They would certainly fit with the 1.98 ata and Ez42 approach.

The burden is on server operators to restrict those mods, not on developers to not include them - especially since that they did exist (yes, I know, in limited numbers. Everything in the late-war Luftwaffe was limited). 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

As much as I admire the uber-planes, I think the developers should stick to the most commonly used models.  And so far they have (technically) with the exception of the Do 217 which was produced in greater numbers than the Me 262 but then doesn't seem to have been used much in the east or late in the war so that omission makes sense.  I say technically because while the Me 262 was produced in fairly large numbers, I don't think very many were operational so the production numbers are misleading.  Anyway, of the remaining possibilities, it seems to me the Me 410 is the most logical choice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_aircraft_production_during_World_War_II

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, LukeFF said:

The burden is on server operators to restrict those mods, not on developers to not include them - especially since that they did exist (yes, I know, in limited numbers. Everything in the late-war Luftwaffe was limited). 

And then we have HF Spits, rocket Spits, Gyro Spits, Tempests.... and people whining for Spitfire XIVs.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jarg1 said:

I say technically because while the Me 262 was produced in fairly large numbers, I don't think very many were operational so the production numbers are misleading. 

More 262s were operational than eithe Tempests or Spitfire IX HF, which we do have, and more have been around of the 262 or the ‘1.98 K4’ (which is in fact the exact same plane as the ‘1,8ata K4’) than Spitfire XIVs a few have been asking for.

2 hours ago, jarg1 said:

Anyway, of the remaining possibilities, it seems to me the Me 410 is the most logical choice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_aircraft_production_during_World_War_II

A 410 would be a very nice addition,unfortunately it does not fit the theatre and the time frame very well. They have not been used very much, if at all in the BP map.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Everything in the late-war Luftwaffe was limited

Good thing that the plane-set limits the degree of limitation 😜 Mind you, a -335 / Mossie pack would be fun

56 minutes ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

More 262s were operational than eithe Tempests or Spitfire IX HF

Not on the BoBp map: the 'large number operational' were mostly further East. KG51 and KG/J54 are the majority 262 users for BoBp with JG7, Jv44 and others based back from the battlefront for heavy bomber interception.OTOH, 2nd TAF was concentrated on the map so all aircraft operated exclusively in this area. Chances of encountering a Tempest over the Rhine far higher than encountering a 262.

Also, we don't have a Spit HF, but don't let facts get in the way 😎

• Upvote 1

First of all I'd be happy just to to have a Stuvi sight for the Ju-88. And more options for G6 that are already in G-14, but skinning would be a problem, I know.

Planes... Well

He-115

Do-17

Hs-123

Fi-156

But most of those have the problem that there are no complete planes left in the world, so I don't hope too much. IF there would be more gameplay involved for recon planes (spotting, targeting, artillery fire control) that would bring more content for Storch and U-2 at the same time. I'm not a fan for late-war stuff, but surely I'd buy anything they sell.

10 hours ago, VO101Kurfurst said:

More 262s were operational than eithe Tempests or Spitfire IX HF, which we do have, and more have been around of the 262 or the ‘1.98 K4’ (which is in fact the exact same plane as the ‘1,8ata K4’) than Spitfire XIVs a few have been asking for.

A 410 would be a very nice addition,unfortunately it does not fit the theatre and the time frame very well. They have not been used very much, if at all in the BP map.

I was replying to the original question:  "If you could choose five new planes for the Luftwaffe, not variants of the existing ones, which one would you pick?"  It is a fair point regarding the Me 410 if it was not used in any of the existing maps, in which case my answer would be I don't think there are any Luftwaffe planes left that need to be developed, at least until additional maps/battles are created.

Edited by jarg1

2 hours ago, jarg1 said:

I was replying to the original question:  "If you could choose five new planes for the Luftwaffe, not variants of the existing ones, which one would you pick?"  It is a fair point regarding the Me 410 if it was not used in any of the existing maps, in which case my answer would be I don't think there aren't any Luftwaffe planes left that need to be developed, at least until additional maps/battles are created.

Personally I would love the 410 and many seem to share that sentiment. Its just too cool to be left out and collectors have been always stretching the relevance part a bit. So, fingers crossed

Late He 111H series (21 series) may be another contender, as they were used to launch V-1s and drop German commandoes at the time. But apart from somewhat buffed performance and better defensive armament, they would bring precious little new.

Ar 234 is another great choice as they were active and fun to boot.

Ju 188s would be far nicer, but I am not sure if they had as much relevance, if any.

He 177s would be fun, expect they did not flew like the rest of LW bombers and 4 engines are a no-go to start with.

Oddly though Ju 87s had relevance as they were quite active  during the night.

Do 335s, He 162s, Ta 152s were rare and almost Luft 46 category.

G-14/AS is sorely missing, as it ticks all boxes for relevance, but then again it would give just another 109 some where in between the G-14 and the K-4, but apart from the MG151 option, it would bring little. Same goes to the almost identical G-10.

This is basically the issue of late war Luftwaffe planesets; after August 1944 the bomber forces were practically disbanded and everything was handled by the few proven fighter types, with the jets added for flavour. 

Guys 

we need to get back in time. 

One hotrod pack at the time, suggestion here are almost a new dimention alternative ending like 1946 Il2

I do not mind more latewar planes, but impressions here set standards toward after war designs 

we will miss out on many early mid war designs

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, EAF19_Marsh said:

Also, we don't have a Spit HF, but don't let facts get in the way 😎

The HF is in the mod list for the IX. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Here is what's left for the Luftwaffe...

germansurrender2pt0.jpg

lol

How funny is it that on a whim I was about to open this thread and make a similar post?

Losing is what's left...next.

• Haha 1

The problem is, there aren't going to be any surrendering Germans online.

So, you will continue to put up with with German pilots that are just as, or more experienced than you are - flying aircraft just as good as yours (or in the case of the 262, better than yours) - and there will be just as many or more of them as there are of you.

As for what's left for the Luftwaffe?

I'd like to see (ignoring OP silly restrictions on existing aircraft) :

109G/14 AS

FW190 A9/F9

Arado Blitz

Ju188

Me 410

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CUJO_1970 said:

FW190 A9/F9

That's a good one.

On 7/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, Gambit21 said:

We need the Solomons...R-Area Air Force (float planes)

Pete, Rufe, Emily

/thread

Ta-152

Me- 410

Storch

Ar 234

Do 17

On 7/11/2019 at 8:47 AM, MeoW.Scharfi said:

Oh upsi. 😄😅

Okay then i will add something useful, no Jets in this game anymore, please. I think 1 jet plane is enough to bring the game's multiplayer balance into trouble(yes, the game is not only multiplayer but singleplayer is boring and flying a jet is boring as well) Any propeller plane is applying my fighter pilot soul way more than any jet could. Especially that IL-2 is the only flight sim that gets propeller dogfights right and now you want to switch to jets? 😮

I don't think IL2 wants to switch to Jets but more of testing the waters in some way, the next step is definitely (imo) BOB and kill IL2 CLOD finally, and Pacific.

• Upvote 2

Me 410

Ju 188

Ar 234

Do 17 / 217

He 177

Fw 200

He 219

Yes I broke some of OP's rules... but those would be some of my top choices.

Although, I would even be willing to sacrifice a plane, or even two of what we could get in the next few years, to instead, use some of that development time to implement more of the possible modifications of existing planes.  I've heard that the reason why certain planes don't have certain mods is because that plane did not use those modifications in that battle (Bf110 G-2 with Mk108, Hs129 with 75mm cannon, Ju87 D-5 with MG151s in place of MG17s, Ju87 D-5 with MG151 gunpods, torpedos on He111/FW190, FW190 D-9 ability to convert to D-12/D-13, etc.)

vh_cikk195803.jpg

I wanna keep flying the sim! ;)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan
  • Haha 1

Pretty cheap, they just translated Churchill's 'We shall never surrender'😋