Han

Developer Diary 226 - Discussion

12 hours ago, Han said:
Hello everybody,
This time we'll start with a small release. As we said before, we began working together with Mikhail =HH=Pauk Zemskov who makes great gameplay videos. The first fruit of this cooperation has been presented to you in April in Dev Blog #222 - that video was dedicated to our first WWII project - Battle of Stalingrad. And today we present you his second work - Battle of Moscow. As always, =HH=Pauk captured the spirit of the project, its vibe, very well. See for yourself:

The hero of the day is the British fighter Hawker Tempest Mk.V series 2.

As part of our plan to have all the aircraft in 4K eventually, Fw 190 A-3 Collector Plane for Battle of Stalingrad will be available in 4K in the next update thanks to Martin =ICDP= Catney:

Our partner Digital Forms is finishing the interior of Pz.Kpfw.IV Ausf.G and it's beta testing will start this weekend:

Flying Circus is also moving forward: Halberstadt CL.II and Bristol Fighter F.2B airplanes have their cockpits finished and they are going to this beta too.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 14
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

Is the Tempest planned to be the next release for Bodenplatte?

Excellent video for BoM!

Very happy with the progress, I really look forward to the Tempest and the Panzer IV G.

• Upvote 1

Pauk's videos always gives me goosebumps.

Damn your video maker is fantastic! Another stunning job!

That is one beautiful Tempest!!

• Upvote 1

"What are you doing here, honey?"

"Dunno... maybe just... looking absolutely gorgeous..." ;)

Tempest.thumb.JPG.1d4b1eb48d99303b0d54bfc49b8b38bf.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just FYI @Han you wrote "Tempest Mk.II series 2" and the skin is missing the "Sky" belly band that matches the prop spinner in the current pre-D-Day skin pictured.

Excellent! many thanks for those regular updates.

I admire your work, simply fantastic!

This two seaters biplanes looks amazing...:fly:...the protection for the rear gunner is a wood circle :hunter::biggrin:

10 minutes ago, sunrrrise said:

Tempest Mk. II

Typo Mk 1. ;)

• Like 1

didn't know Tank crew will have voice :)

that's good news for me, since I consider voices a must-have for immersion

Now maybe I reconsider and buy it, but still cant decide 

Tempest looking great and also FC and TC. I hope we can see news about the direction of GB soon!

It is a Tempest Mk. V. and a beautiful aircraft she is

That movie was one of the best I've ever seen, kudos to Pauk!

The Tempest is going to eat 110's alive. I DEMAND an Me 410 counter this menace!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Love the Tempest pics and the BOM video, hopefully we'll see the BOK video soon. I hope that we'll see the P-51 and Tempest before the end of this month.

Edited by Novice-Flyer

It's nice to see the progress continuing, looking fantastic, thank you all. :salute:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: In the future, is there any chance the community can have access to the *.psd's for the plane interiors like we already have for the plane exteriors please ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stunningly good video and great visuals all round..... that tempest though!!

• Like 1

Vot kan eye say, all ist vunderbar nein?? Vunce again, Bravo oft der Zulu.

a Nonny Mouse

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Boomerang said:

It's nice to see the progress continuing, looking fantastic, thank you all. :salute:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: In the future, is there any chance the community can have access to the *.psd's for the plane interiors like we already have for the plane exteriors please ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People have been asking this for a long time, I doubt it will ever happen though. I'd love to do some texture work on some of the interiors to make them look better.

Edited by Legioneod
  • Like 1

Will the gunner seats be available to BOX players without FC? Similar to the gunner seats for players that don’t own the plane in BOX?

would love to take my friends for a ride

Good video by Pauk. What I like the most about it is the synchronisity between piano and gunshots in the first 30 seconds.

Especially at 00:22 where the three piano touches match exactly with the heavy artillery shots. :good:

Perhaps a lucky accident but I think it was intended to be like that.

Anyway, next DD I would love to see some new screenshots of the Bodenplatte map: cities, villages, countryside, hills, snow covered, autumn leaves, sunset. 

Or a short sight seeing video. Not necessarily according Pauk's standard but at least some moving images.

11 hours ago, sunrrrise said:

Tempest Mk. II

My bad. I'm don't getting better with years, unfortunally - brain don't function so good in 0:00 AM as it was some years ago...

Fixed, thank you.

2 hours ago, Bisch said:

Will the gunner seats be available to BOX players without FC? Similar to the gunner seats for players that don’t own the plane in BOX?

would love to take my friends for a ride

In MP - yes.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

10 minutes ago, Han said:

My bad. I'm don't getting better with years, unfortunally - brain don't function so good in 0:00 AM as it was some years ago...

Fixed, thank you.

In MP - yes.

Awesome! Finally I can lure my friends into FC ... which will finally make me play my FC installation :)

I hope they ll end up getting it themselves 

Posted (edited)

The Devs have said that all the exterior plane models will transition to 4k, have they said if it will happen with the interiors (cockpits)? I don´t remember. 

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

Great video.  Shows ground and air combat and potential to the best. Lots and lots of fun and everything already in place. Like the skins and of course all the other news is good as always.

Excellent video. I like it.

My only very subjective comment is related to the cut scene sequences. It is a matter of personal taste but I would vary and alternate the transition type between scenes. When scenes are very short a few seconds I would not use so often the Fade Out-In as the period of black screen become important in contrast to the image period. I would have mixed a little and more varied the type of transitions with more Dissolve type. Some scenes I would have added a few seconds to allow a little more time to the viewer to immerse oneself in the scene. When you have a rapid sequence of very short clips you get a kind of Dia projection feeling.

But again this is all very personal, and I know it is a lot of work so thanks again.

Tempest = Sexy Beast!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Horna said:

Pauk's videos always gives me goosebumps.

I am very happy for the use of real gameplay in trailers instead of cgi. 

Pauk was a obvious first choice

Tempest look awesome. 

Bristol is a welcoming part of FC 

Edited by LuseKofte

I hope you will improve the flight models. A Me 110 that turns tighter than a yak 7 it's strange.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1