chiliwili69

Valve Index vs. Pimax5K+: Which one to pick? (through lens pictures)

Posted (edited)

Yeah I basically had the same experience ICDP, I've had both here and sent the Index back. I cannot comprehend how people say the Index would be clearer - to avoid buyer's remorse maybe? Maybe not. I think they are the same. Which makes the Index a great headset too.

I believe this issue stems from user error. The Pimax is an enthusiast headset, and hard to set-up properly for IL-2, I've helped two guys set theirs up correctly (whose settings were a disaster before). If they had followed my guide in the sticky thread, they'd get the same sharpness and clarity as in the Index. They said they did, but when I checked via TeamViewer, that was not the case. The headsets are almost indistinguishable at sharpness and clarity, but I admit it takes quite a strong GPU for the Pimax5K+. The worst thing however was the speakers swinging off my ears in the Index if I turnt around quickly. It's also not the best choice if you have a baby or wife listening to music in the background. Need a padded cell.

P.S. I have Index Controllers now, the thumbsticks are fine here. They don't click, but register every press. The only issue mine have is that they don't properly differentiate between ring and pinky finger - and they refuse to learn properly.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

I think it's time to " retire" my TrackIR 5

After I've read a lot of opinions about which VR would be best, I'm still not sure what to get 

I play mostly IL 2 BoX, DCS World, X-Plane 11

What would you recommend, guys?! 

I'd like have a decent image quality, FPS.. 

Money isn't an issue 

Should I go for HP Reverb? Valve Index? 

Any advices are welcome, thank you 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

cannot comprehend how people say the Index would be clearer - to avoid buyer's remorse maybe? Maybe not. I think they are the same. Which makes the Index a great headset too.

I flew with the Pimax 3 months.  Thanks to DAS it was comfortable enough for me and thanks to your thread I also found the perfect settings.  I was very happy with the Pimax - until I put on the Index.  I could have sent it back as well .... What I mean by that is that it is no buyer justification for me when I find the Index better.  This is individual for each  user and probably can not be generalized

12 hours ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yeah I basically had the same experience ICDP, I've had both here and sent the Index back. I cannot comprehend how people say the Index would be clearer - to avoid buyer's remorse maybe? Maybe not. I think they are the same. Which makes the Index a great headset too.

I believe this issue stems from user error. The Pimax is an enthusiast headset, and hard to set-up properly for IL-2, I've helped two guys set theirs up correctly (whose settings were a disaster before). If they had followed my guide in the sticky thread, they'd get the same sharpness and clarity as in the Index. They said they did, but when I checked via TeamViewer, that was not the case. The headsets are almost indistinguishable at sharpness and clarity, but I admit it takes quite a strong GPU for the Pimax5K+. The worst thing however was the speakers swinging off my ears in the Index if I turnt around quickly. It's also not the best choice if you have a baby or wife listening to music in the background. Need a padded cell.

P.S. I have Index Controllers now, the thumbsticks are fine here. They don't click, but register every press. The only issue mine have is that they don't properly differentiate between ring and pinky finger - and they refuse to learn properly.

Same here. RMAed my old one‘s. The new one‘s are good now.

Edited by Pikas_62

11 hours ago, Avyx said:

I think it's time to " retire" my TrackIR 5

After I've read a lot of opinions about which VR would be best, I'm still not sure what to get 

I play mostly IL 2 BoX, DCS World, X-Plane 11

What would you recommend, guys?! 

I'd like have a decent image quality, FPS.. 

Money isn't an issue 

Should I go for HP Reverb? Valve Index? 

Any advices are welcome, thank you 

Check the following review