Sign in to follow this  
namhee2

The Ju 52 as a seaplane

Is it possible to intigrate the swimmers? It does not smell so heavy, or does one have to build a whole airplane?

7b391723aa90a63e562037a29918a144.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

I like the idea. It would make the Ju-52 more interesting and will certainly increase sales.

As far as I know, all Ju-52 versions could be equipped with floats, so I don't think a completely new Ju-52 model would be necessary. The technic for seaplanes already exists in RoF, so I guess it shouldn't be too difficult to import it to BoX.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

It has been a while and a lot of people hoped for new modifications for it but so far nothing :( I think it would be too much work to add it for free. Mine-sweeping version would be cool too. Still, if we won't get simple things like reskin of fallschirmjagers so they are regular wehrmacht soldiers and you unload them just like normal cargo or lightly wounded with some heavily wounded on a stretchers. I don't see how something as big as sea plane modification would come.

After all if you add sea version you would have to add missions for it, must have would be sea rescue so they would have to model a pilot sitting in water (and not dying when it touches him :P ) then somehow loading him on a plane. A lot of work i guess.

Edited by InProgress

Posted (edited)

Back when the Ju 52 was announced I proposed this and many other interesting modifications (additional gunner positions, bomb bay, wheel pants, ect). All of which were rejected because of too much work. For the swimmers you need to essentially rework the FM, DM and tweak the water physics which seems reasonable enough to postpone this feature. However I'd like to see it added in futire as technology develops and dev time allows.

If I remember correctly the g5e was the first variant eauiped with floats (notable features were defrosting devices and sea navigational equipment).

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka

If we ever get seaplanes it probably be the first. 

I do not know if there is any boundaries about it,  

ROF had them and they are fantastic. 

I guess they believe its just a few weirdos wanting them and not worth making. 

Considering the new packs only content is for fighter pilots. I looks like a long wait at least 

21 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

I guess they believe its just a few weirdos wanting them and not worth making. 

I have mixed feelings here. After ju52 we got something like po2, so that would mean non fighters planes do sell, but on the other side, lack of support for ju52 with new modifications makes you think it's not worth to add anything to them. I just wish for medevac missions at least :( Perfection would be to fly with supplies and back with wounded. Once you unload supplies, it would automatically load wounded (and load/unload times should be much longer, paratroopers jumping out takes more time than unloading 2000kg of boxes).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If they were to go to the Pacific theater, I think this would be a good test aircraft for the water physics, or alternatively  would fit nicely into the MTO ( Hint) if the Pacific scenario was never to eventuate.

Edited by bzc3lk
  • Upvote 1

@InProgress

I would love it too. Most of all do I want spotterability. 

Imagine transporters putting out artillery where needed and then up with the spotter and blast away. Spotter ac was highly priced targets and assets. Yet totally forgotten about. 

Thumbs up & hopefull!

It concerns another problem: why ju52 gains poor sales? From perspective of a online player, useless is the reason. What about sp players? Why they arent interested in ju52? IF ju52 is a pop plane I think some modification would be more realistic.

26 minutes ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

why ju52 gains poor sales? From perspective of a online player, useless is the reason.

It's only useless when mission makers don't support it and / or the majority of players only cares for a quick growing number of PvP kills at any cost.

Neither is the plane's fault, it's definitely useful.

:drinks:

Mike 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SAS_Storebror said:

It's only useless when mission makers don't support it and / or the majority of players only cares for a quick growing number of PvP kills at any cost.

Neither is the plane's fault, it's definitely useful.

Mike 

Well, even as a transporter it flys slower and cant take more supplies than others, the only special use is delivering paratroopers, quite useful but such mission seldom appears in game neither sp or mp;) I am not critizing ju52, I love every single plane in BOS, but in the game, we need something famous or powerful like C47/li2 to appeal players, if you decide to make a transporter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Ju-52 with floats is already in IL-2 1946. As well, Team Daidalos is making a flyable Ju-52 for a future patch. For both games they could have missions for picking up wounded/delivering supplies to ships.

FQS1iQVDOl8.jpg

D20xIwKknng.jpg

Kuban was the setting for the biggest float/seaplane airlift in history 

Ju-52 with floats fits right in

Cheers, Dakpilot 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

the only special use is delivering paratroopers, quite useful but such mission seldom appears in game neither sp or mp;)

It's not that hard to make use of paratroopers in missions.

It just takes a complex trigger waiting for troopers to touch down within a specific radius around the target, count the events and make things happen (e.g. overrun enemy airfield or defenses or whatever).

I have rather found myself thinking "we need something similar for the russians" than "what should I use the 52 for?".

Eventually I have added the Ju-52 to the available planes for russians for the time being to fill that gap.

This bird is absolutely underrated, the plane in IL-2 Great Battles is a piece of art, the handling characteristics are absolutely convincing, that simulation aspect is great (read the pilot manual or die on the strip) and the visual representation compared to anything I've seen is second to none.

Definitely a must have to me.

It's solely the mission makers fault if this plane has no suitable task.

Mike

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

It concerns another problem: why ju52 gains poor sales? From perspective of a online player, useless is the reason. What about sp players? Why they arent interested in ju52? IF ju52 is a pop plane I think some modification would be more realistic.

Who said it sold poor? No data but simply judging from steam reviews, Ju52 has 7, while most premium planes have like 1 (made by me hehe), only first 2 premium planes for BoS have more (due to being able to buy premium version on steam) and P40 has like 20 for some reason. Both ju52 and Po2 have 7 and 6 which could mean that a lot of people bought them. It's much more for standalone premium plane (not sold as delux) than bf109G6 for example (3 reviews). I think ju52 sold very well.

From online player perspective everything that is not a fighter is useless. I left MP long time ago, it's everything but fun. If you fly planes like ju87, he111, hs129 etc. You will get killed most of the time. 90% or more people on the server sits in a fighter, so figure out the outcome of flying non fighter. You get swarmed all the time.

This is flying bomber in MP in a nutshell:

It's all fault of mission makers, if you have like 80 people on a server and 3-4 objectives to destroy then well... 10 fighters camping each? vs 1 you in a bomber.. huraaay. The only good mission i saw in MP that had ju52 was stalingrad pocket where you had to land i think 5 ju52 and you win mission. There were other objectives, you could win tank battles and break the encirclement etc. But one of way to win was to supply 6th army. If map maker makes stupid task "fly ju52 from airfield A to airfield B to get 5 more planes in spawn option" then no wonder people don't care about it. Waste of time. I would have much more fun if i could evac wounded and then in the end see my score "127 wounded evacuated". Than give fighters more spawns, it does not even make sense.. Like i am transporting 5 fw190 inside of my ju52?

13 hours ago, 8./JG5_seaflanker819 said:

Well, even as a transporter it flys slower and cant take more supplies than others, the only special use is delivering paratroopers, quite useful but such mission seldom appears in game neither sp or mp;) I am not critizing ju52, I love every single plane in BOS, but in the game, we need something famous or powerful like C47/li2 to appeal players, if you decide to make a transporter.

Ju52 is the most iconic transport plane in ww2. Li2 would be know in russia at best, asking random people about li2 or showing them picture and no one would know what that is. Probably the same withh C47, maybe people who watched it in band of brothers or other movies or saw in some games could recognize it. But the ju52 should be known by many in europe. Especially because it still flies. It was also used A LOT during ww2. Yeah Li-2 would be nice to have, C47 not so much, i don't think it makes much sense bodenplatte map (not sure tho). Also people who fly this kind of planes don't care at all if one is a bit faster than other. It's not a fighter, it does not really matter. Li2 was "powerful" it was slightly faster than ju52, C47 was much better but li2 was pretty much the same. Only range was much better but on maps we have, it does not really matter.

5 hours ago, Novice-Flyer said:

The Ju-52 with floats is already in IL-2 1946. As well, Team Daidalos is making a flyable Ju-52 for a future patch.

Official patch or some kind of mod?

Edited by InProgress

6 hours ago, InProgress said:

Official patch or some kind of mod?

Official patch like 4.14.X or 4.15. The Ju-52 is already flyable in the modded version.

51 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

Official patch like 4.14.X or 4.15. The Ju-52 is already flyable in the modded version.

I tried mods but they only wasted my entire day and pissed me off. Horrible way to install them... download dozens of files separately, unpack, then separately add new files as patch... remove something, edit some file.. and in the end it does not even work correctly. Will stick to official patches. What happened to mods like wolves of steel where you download one file and install it like normal game?

A bit off topic but why can't devs add steam workshop? People post their mods, they get much more popular and you install them with 1 click. Games with workshop on steam are insanely popular, arma 3 is perfect example. It's so popular that now they even sell some big mods as dlc. German cold war was first, now something with aliens. "Arma contact" I think.

• Like 1