Salute all,

I'm new to this game and my TracKIR don't seem to work. Any idea's?

Hangman

Posted (edited)

First thing which comes to my mind - make sure TIR is unpaused already when launching the game, otherwise it will not work indeed (unlike in DCS where it doesn't matter if TiR is paused or not).

Edited by Art-J

I need to get this or VR seems like it would help alot. Just lack of funds atm.

@HangmanJ30

Launch TrackIR before the game, also could try to update TrackIR Games List (upper right corner).

9 hours ago, Gamington said:

You might not "need" it. But at least for me, TIR is probably the one pice of hardware that gives me more immersion in the game.

*I haven't tryed VR yet

10 hours ago, Gamington said:

Same here. I always wanted to get one, but the cost is like half of my salary and thats a turn off for me 🙁

Anyways I already got used to using the mouse for head movement so much that I feel it more natural than "ruddering" with wrist movement

Ya Im rolling with a x56 rhino though for about a year now love it but was like 250.00 dollars got it when i built my comp last year as IL2 is the last pc game I even play.

My TrakIR stopped working a while back, the lights were on the headset bit but the receiver with the green lights on either side was dead. I tried everything and even forked out the money for a new one! Then the new one arrived and when i tried it .....didn't work either, I tried them on my sons PC and both worked!!! Turned out that Natural point had released an update that my PC/TracIR combo didn't like, I uninstalled the current version and installed the previous version of the software and hey presto my old TrakIR and new TrakIR worked.

So I spent £200 for nothing but at least I have a spare!

Cheers

8 hours ago, =FEW=fernando11 said:

You might not "need" it. But at least for me, TIR is probably the one pice of hardware that gives me more immersion in the game.

*I haven't tryed VR yet

VR is great in its own way. But far from a must have. I find it however very smooth in my pc so it might not require top of the line as it does in DCS. TIR is great and easy. VR is expencive if your computer isnt up for it. 

Posted (edited)

My TrackIR started cutting out intermittently this last weekend.  Every time I turned my head a certain way it would stop tracking, skip or get jerky.  Highly frustrating since it always started acting up in combat situations. I updated software, game profiles, checked the camera image for background interference, plugged into a different USB port, no joy.  Even cleaned my Official TrackIR Visor. I noticed the receiving unit felt warm.  It's several years old.

I was about to order a new unit when I took off my visor, moved it around in front of the receiver, and saw that it worked beautifully!

I put the visor back on my head and looked in the mirror.  I'm way overdue for a haircut, and it turns out that my hair was spilling over the top of the visor and blocking the center reflector on the TrackIR headpiece when I turned my head.

Combed my hair and all was good.  Sasquatch needs to go to barber!

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 1

sometimes mine freezes and i have to move my head around for the captor device to unfreeze. Maybe you are experiencing similar thing.

I've used TIR for many years now and I'm on my second TIR. What happened on the first after many years of use the Clip broke that clips to my HS. VR is nice  I'm sure, however at my age I'll stay with TIR and VR is a lot of $$. Just don't see the need for it IMHO.