von_Michelstamm

VKB has WII combat gunfighters in stock!

They only sell the tabletop, but you can just order the stick extender and you basically have the pro for the same price since it comes with baseplate, springs, etc.

Can’t wait till mine gets here, I’ve wanted one since February!

• Upvote 1

ah.. surprise surprise!  The aliexpress has nothing, but the vkbcontrollers.com USA has the units!

thanks for the heads up!

• Thanks 1

quick Q: is there a 'mode' button somewhere on it like there is on the gladiator?

Using vkb config, can i set up an existing button (say, the pinky) to function as that gladiator 'mode' button?

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, von_Michelstamm said:

quick Q: is there a 'mode' button somewhere on it like there is on the gladiator?

Using vkb config, can i set up an existing button (say, the pinky) to function as that gladiator 'mode' button?

It has a hat with 4 positions, the top button, the trigger and a pinky button. I think the pinky button is acting like a shift from start, but you could also program a keyboard key to act as a second shift or mode button through the VKBDevCfg software. So you'd have standard 7 controls, 12 controls if you're using pinky button as shift, or 18 or 24 using pinky button as shift and a keyboard key as a second shift.

You could also program the grip buttons as Tempo - press a button for 0.5 sec means command 1, press the same button for 2 sec means command 2.

Edited by fallout9
  • Thanks 1

Hmm, stand alone grips aren't available :(

3 hours ago, pfrances said:

That's incredibly disappointing. Have the gunfighter pro with the mcg pro but I want that kg12. Not about to spend 350 bucks for it.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, pfrances said:

13 hours ago, JgonRedcorn said:

That's incredibly disappointing. Have the gunfighter pro with the mcg pro but I want that kg12. Not about to spend 350 bucks for it.

They're back in stock on their NA site. 😁

EDIT: Oops, no KG12's.

Edited by Warpig

On 6/25/2019 at 2:32 PM, von_Michelstamm said:

In an 3 buttons + POV HAT joystick grip use a button as mode selector don't make sense neither is practical in flight,  what is practical is set a "shift".

Set - VKB DevCfg (an firmware configurator) pinky button as "shift" and with pinky pressed, trigger, top button and HAT up, down, left, right  became momentarily new buttons.

This allow use 6 physical buttons plus 6 virtual buttons, this considering don't use HAT as POV contro, but use Track IR or similar, this HAT placement is very awkward for this function, in fact the worst in any joystick grip.

Good to know. I have my shift to do both teamspeak and shifting the hat to do squad commands for single player.

i was using the mode button to set the top button to fire rockets (which is based on how the luftwaffe did it).

if I can set this mode elsewhere it won’t be a problem.

worst case scenario I’ll just use the pinky shift to fire rockets.

might be annoying for others online, though, every time I fire a rocket.

In Fw 190 armed with 21cm BR rockets (mortar shell), they are fired by B2 knopf "drop ordnance button" in the left side of KG-13B.

006a-klein.jpg

http://www.deutscheluftwaffe.com/archiv/Dokumente/ABC/f/FockeWulf/Fw 190/Handbuch Fw 190 D-9 Sonderwaffenanlage.pdf

In VKB KG-12grip this B2 knopf button is "travesty" in POV HAT.

What I do is set Gladiator top button (B knopf) - used for fire cannons, to be the "drop ordnance button" when pinky is pressed.

Once I try use "pinky" as DX button together with "shift" function, but find this awkward and leave only the "shift".

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 11:18 PM, Sokol1 said:

In Fw 190 armed with 21cm BR rockets (mortar shell), they are fired by B2 knopf "drop ordnance button" in the left side of KG-13B.

interesting... have you ever heard of the luftwaffe using B1(with a switch) to fire rockets?

From the Kurfurst 4 manual (1944):

1325737381_ScreenShot2019-07-03at1_27_44PM.png.33332189b792a9af1808f2ed90ce823f.png
DCS sets up their 109K4 like that too:
766653435_ScreenShot2019-07-03at1_20_39PM.png.9085c10c5893770e56e8c04aa79fad55.png

Edited by von_Michelstamm

Posted (edited)

If i've misread something and the cannon button wasn't actually used by the LW for rockets, then so much the better! 

Here's my "historical control" control map.

Note it correctly uses the pinky for communications: Teamspeak, Discord directly, and also activates squad and gunner radio commands for single player.

I've double-bound gunner and squadron commands in a logical fashion (though not sure about "return fire" and cover me.)

1434973682_ScreenShot2019-07-03at10_48_37AM.thumb.png.dfa326afd59e3e4189b18a3736c9c5ec.png

I like to set rockets and bombs buttons under "shift", so no accidental "lost" of ordnance. :)

Posted (edited)

@Sokol1

do you know what that Fl.Go.Wa is mentioned in the K4 handbuch I linked above?

Seems the abbreviation for the rockets is Wfr.Gr.21...

Curious what the control method on the G6 was to fire them. Knopf B1, or B2?

From DCS: This seems really strange. And why is the comms button used for a gun camera?

i wonder if this is some unusual case where the plane was to carry both bombs and rockets at the same time?

08DD4881-931C-4354-963A-3B2CA5988D52.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I don't know, probable K-4 armed with rockets have wing cannons removed due weight, then can use B2 knopf for rockets.

Are several wiring diagrams, V23, V60, P23... for KG grips buttons, as well extra buttons adapted and even a switch for left-right correction of directional autopilot control installed in some plane versions.

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/fl-47915-steuerknueppel-mit-knueppelgriff-kg-13a-fuer-jaegerkurssteuerung-1944

https://www.deutscheluftwaffe.de/fl-204106-knueppelgriff-kg-13r-1944-1945

Here say that G-6 was equipped with KG-13A, and B2 used for cannons, don't mention rockets:

http://germancontrolsticks.blogspot.com/search/label/Bf 109 G-6

Including that A-Knopf and B1-Knopf usage was inverted when Rüstsatz R6 was installed.

This matter is very confuse, for what I get the name of  grips depends on manufacturer:

KG-12 - NGK

KG-13 -  Bhrum

Edited by Sokol1