Sign in to follow this  
VII.Racetrack

Waypoints and Altitude - How they Works?

Posted (edited)

Hi all!

My question is pretty simple, I have a Flight of 6 Pe airstarting with a Trigger (OnEnterd bla bla) that works... And thats'okay.

The flight is to fly to a Trigger waypoint Object Linked to the Pe ich is the Leader (other are TL to it), if the Bombers Spawn at 3000 meters and the Wayoint is at 5000 what do they do?

A : They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile

B : They climb immediatily circilig where they spawned and then fly towards the waypoint at its altitude

C : The fly towards the Waypoint and then, under the waypoint, they climb circling?

I have the Flight that remain in the spawn locatino circling can't understan why...

Edited by VII.Racetrack

6 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

Hi all!

My question is pretty simple, I have a Flight of 6 Pe airstarting with a Trigger (OnEnterd bla bla) that works... And thats'okay.

The flight is to fly to a Trigger waypoint Object Linked to the Pe ich is the Leader (other are TL to it), if the Bombers Spawn at 3000 meters and the Wayoint is at 5000 what do they do?

A : They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile

B : They climb immediatily circilig where they spawned and then fly towards the waypoint at its altitude

C : The fly towards the Waypoint and then, under the waypoint, the climb circling?

I have the Flight that remain in the spawn locatino circling can't understan why...

I assume that you're referring to a single-player mission and you are using the spawner trigger to spawn the Pe-2s, right?

First, if you spawn a formation, the wingmen do not respond to commands given to the leader.

If you activate the formation or the formation objects are enabled to begin with, they will behave according to A above (They fly towards the waypoint climbing meanwhile").

The AI will attempt at the best of it's ability to do "A" in your list.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JimTM said:

First, if you spawn a formation, the wingmen do not respond to commands given to the leader.

So how to et a formation fly to a waypoint mantaining formation?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

So how to et a formation fly to a waypoint mantaining formation?

You either activate or enable the formation or you create a waypoint for each plane (the explanation of which I'll leave to others that have actually done it).

Edited by JimTM

Problem Solved, I simply made a mistake Targeting the Trigger Timer and the Waypoint.

Now the Planes Spawn and follow the rout normally.

35 minutes ago, VII.Racetrack said:

Problem Solved, I simply made a mistake Targeting the Trigger Timer and the Waypoint.

Now the Planes Spawn and follow the rout normally.

Can you post your mission please. I would be interested to test it and update the editor manual re. spawning formations.

14 hours ago, JimTM said:

Can you post your mission please. I would be interested to test it and update the editor manual re. spawning formations.

I'lltry