TrueGrey

Thrustmaster TFRP T Flight Rudder Axis

Hello, since my rudder isn't best at being precise maybe any of you guys have set a nice axis curve in target script you could share?

The main problem with this controller is that when trying to push the pedal, often I feel additional resistance (which shouldn't occure in my opinion), then after applying excessive force it makes the rudder move bit too much, hence making it less precise. I cannot use less force as then all the moves would be way too slow.

Unfortunately from what I have read over the internet it is the issue with the pedals, so right now I am trying to minimize the precisionloss by setting perfect axis curve.

BTW. I have already put smoothness to 40% in IL2 settings, which helped a bit.

Buy a tube of Nyogel 767A, clean the factory grease of the rails and apply Nyogel, this will improve the sliding movement.

• Thanks 2

On 5/27/2019 at 4:00 PM, Sokol1 said:

Buy a tube of Nyogel 767A, clean the factory grease of the rails and apply Nyogel, this will improve the sliding movement.

For some reason I have missed the answer O_o But I managed to notice strange thing, when I start flying, I have to move rudder a lot (like warm it up lol), at the beginning the moves are terrible but after like 5 seconds of swinging it, it becomes much more precise (old grease?).

Posted (edited)

Not specific used in pedal, but is the same mechanism of TWCS throttle, that (not so) S.M.A.R.T. rails.

Flight Simulator Joystick and Throttle Damping-Case Study

https://support.newgatesimms.com/flight-simulator-joystick-and-throttle-damping-case-study/

Here was used a lithium grease, winch result in improvement, but notice that "stiction" still present:

https://youtu.be/XIIRtjMR07A?t=343

Same after use a silicone grease:

https://youtu.be/jMhPKJKpFB8?t=1145

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1

@Sokol1

Yeah those rails are not the best solution, gonna try some real grease, as it kinda annoying when I try to yaw a little and my plane startes to dance like mad.

Just ordered the nyogel, i've been fighting with my rudder pedals for some time, i've added elastic bands to the spring, i've tried to free up the rails etc. no joy, i'm hoping a clean of the rails and application of nyogel will help, same on the throttle.

20 hours ago, Melonfish said:

i'm hoping a clean of the rails and application of nyogel will help, same on the throttle.

Lemme know if it helps, wish you luck!

Posted (edited)

@Sokol1

So I started to look for Nyogel 767a but apparently at least in Europe to get it, you have to pay around 40£, which seems to be some serious overkill. Do you have some other recommendations, what you think about Super Lube silicone grease?

Edited by TrueGrey

Give a try, but before apply,  remove the grease used by manufacturer, use Isopropyl Alcohol. 

• Thanks 1

@Sokol1

Will give it a try then, if won't work gonna get my friend to buy Nyogel in US ; )