Sign in to follow this  
Alfaunostebas11

Create a single player offline campaign

I am realizing a series of single missions and, at the end, I want to put them together in a scripted campaign.

I don't find anywhere the relative instructions...

So, how can I create a "scripted campaign" ?

Stebas.

Posted (edited)

Thanks Leon.
I have a good experience of campaigns with the old IL2 and honestly I thought it was less complicated to assemble a series of single missions in a sequence to play as a campaign.
But the first reading of the DD # 142 has left me a bit perplexed .. we need a series of files and parameters, seemingly a bit complicated. Perhaps studying them and dedicating some time, will not be so difficult.
One thing, for example, I would like to know.
Since my campaigns, to be more interesting and varied, usually require that the player uses different types of aircraft and not just one type, is this possible in the new IL-2 Sturmovik or not?
Point 3. & tows = * is expressed like this:
"required theaters of war divided by commas (BoS = 1, BoM = 2, BoK = 3.) Player aircraft used in the campaign must be included in these ToWs (for example, campaign that is taking place on Stalingrad maps, but where player should pilot MiG-3, should have this parameter set to & tows = 1.2) "
... and this would let me suppose that in the example above the player can only fly on the MiG-3 and not on other aircraft ...

Thank for your attention, Stebas.

Edited by Alfaunostebas11

40 minutes ago, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Thanks Leon.
I have a good experience of campaigns with the old IL2 and honestly I thought it was less complicated to assemble a series of single missions in a sequence to play as a campaign.
But the first reading of the DD # 142 has left me a bit perplexed .. we need a series of files and parameters, seemingly a bit complicated. Perhaps studying them and dedicating some time, will not be so difficult.
One thing, for example, I would like to know.
Since my campaigns, to be more interesting and varied, usually require that the player uses different types of aircraft and not just one type, is this possible in the new IL-2 Sturmovik or not?

You can use any aircraft you want for each mission, but you'll have to set the module requirements when you create the campaign. So for example, you select the Yaks69 in one mission, and the IL-2 1942 in another mission, but you put both planes in Kuban. In the campaign settings file (info.txt), you'll have to set the tow to 1 and 3 (tow=1,3). 1 because it's planes from BoS, and 3 because the map is BoK.

Another example... You select the Yaks69 in your first mission, the IL-2 1942 in another, and the BF109f4 in yet another mission. All the missions take place in Stalingrad. You would set the tow to 1 (tow=1). Because all of the planes and the map are in the Stalingrad module.

Point 3. & tows = * is expressed like this:
"required theaters of war divided by commas (BoS = 1, BoM = 2, BoK = 3.) Player aircraft used in the campaign must be included in these ToWs (for example, campaign that is taking place on Stalingrad maps, but where player should pilot MiG-3, should have this parameter set to & tows = 1.2) "
... and this would let me suppose that in the example above the player can only fly on the MiG-3 and not on other aircraft ...

Thank for your attention, Stebas.

• Upvote 2

FYI, I'm working on a step-by-step procedure for creating a campaign, which I'll post when I'm done.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JimTM said:

FYI, I'm working on a step-by-step procedure for creating a campaign, which I'll post when I'm done.

Oh, be still my heart! :yahoo:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If I don't post anything now and then, Thad gets sarcastic.  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Tank you Sketch !

So, while I am looking forward to the Jim's manual to create campaigns, meanwhile I go on with the refinement of the campaign missions !

Stebas

I’ll get to looking over that document tonight Jim. I should have some breathing room finally.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for your help on this Gambit21.  :salute:

...also Stebas, I can relate to your confusion.

When I first read that Dev Diary I was fairly confounded.

Most of those things discussed are simply simple settings in the campaign text document.

I just copied Netscapes from his Sirens of Death campaign and changed the values...so he gets credit for figuring it out before I did.

Here's a screenie of mine from the A-20 campaign.

Then you create png image for each mission matching pixel dimensions provided, and another for the campaign main image of the pixel dimensions provided.

So while the diary makes it sound a bit complex, in the end it's fairly simple.

We'll walk you through it.

Campaign text.jpg

2 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Thanks very much for your help on this Gambit21.  :salute:

Happy to help!

To say the truth I've never bothered with all these parameters in text files.
What's really important is the naming of mission-files the campaign consists of. They should be like 01.Mission, 02.Mission... And NOT ONLY. The first string in such files should be something like 01: First Mission, or 02: Second mission. 
So the format of the first row is
NN: The name of the mission 
where NN - the number of mission in the list (01, 02, 03, etc. )

... best wishes

On 4/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, Alfaunostebas11 said:

Tank you Sketch !

So, while I am looking forward to the Jim's manual to create campaigns, meanwhile I go on with the refinement of the campaign missions !

Stebas

See the procedure for campaigns here.