OG51st_FC

Volunteer Fighter Group {Old Geezers} Server

Just a casual invite to the Community to come fly on the Old Geezers server, I finally got a few Missions built that I think most pilots would enjoy, All ,WWI missions that have custom settings to allow new and experienced Pilots to have a little fun. Settings are as follows auto pilot or more correct Auto level , navigation Icons, object Icons, simple gauges, all else is manual plane dependent. External view, and Padlock are not permitted. 

The Battle of the Somme uses the New Tank Crew Map, The Battle for Flemish Bay Uses Kuban, And The Battle of Ypres 3 The Moscow Map.  Plane sets are All WWI aircraft that are Available Plus the U2vs for those who like the Bomber role. All Ai are set to ace in all missions.  I run a small server 24 pilots Max with 150 points to win the Maps.  I keep the server pass worded while testing, otherwise it is open to anyone who would like to join.  A special Thanks to my Good Friend  West,  for helping me test the Missions and to those Pilots in the last few days who have joined and flew with us.  So if your looking for something a little different stop by get immersed I hope you enjoy the Flight as much as the Fight Good luck to All. Blue Skies ~FC. 

WWI-39.jpg

ce7154f46176edb89d5a5f405d6dce2d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Had several Pilots on the server today just wanted to Thank all of you for flying with an Old Geezer like me. The server went down after I left, internet connection issue I guess wasn't here when it happened. Again Thanks Had a blast~ Blue Skies FC

New settings for all the  Old Geezers Server Missions : Nav. Icons /simple gauges/ Auto level /Warmed up Engine!!   No External Views or Padlock!!  All plane engine settings are manual and Plane dependent. Mixture /Radiator /High Altitude Throttle for the F7F need to have keys mapped for them...  Good luck  Blue Skies to All OG_FC

Thanks to everybody dropping in yesterday night (CET wise) enjoyed that a lot;

• Like 1

West we have been lucky the Pilots who have dropped in to fly with us All have been top Notch, Very enjoyable to Fly and Fight against. I am finishing Up a New Mission for today The Battle Of Bloody Ridge, It's going to get Bloody.  Blue Skies ~OG

• Thanks 1

First and foremost a Thanks to all the Pilots who have flown on the Old Geezers Server, Many Thanks. I have a couple missions that I call shoot em up missions there are designed to see what side can shoot down the most Planes to 150 points. they are the Battle of the Somme & The Battle of Bloody Ridge, on the new TC Map.  Once the check zone has been activated the enemy will continue to spawn in groups of Two until they become a over whelming Force they will pick a spot on there waypoints and begin to circle, the odds of a single pilot being successful is very low. The more Human pilots the less Ai as they should be shot down faster than they spawn.  The other Missions you may come across are more normal and do not have ai spawning in faster than a single pilot could take care of. Battle of Ypres / Battle of Flemish bay/ then a shoot em up that is the standard rotation. I know some Pilots did not like the shoot em up missions and I apologize the only way to find out for sure what the players liked was to run them and see what reaction's I got.  Again Thanks for checking out the Old Geezers Server!!   Blue Skies ~ OGFC

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey it was a lot of fun yesterday! Good map set up and all. Was surprised to see all the AI, should have read the mission briefing. A hilarious moment was when Hotlead eas Winchester and dragging a D7 to our airfield where we just spawned. Out of nowhere a swarm of camels and were trailing the hun like a bunch of lemmings. Then they got in range and I think about 4 of them opened up on the poor German and kept firing at him right up until the leading camel crashed into the back of the D7. Laughter was had by all.

Food for analysis:

Can a SPAD fit under a foot bridge? Yes but only once.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thank You I am glad you guys enjoyed the map and had fun that's what it's all about. Hope to see you on the server again I may have changed the name of the Allied Airfield to the 103sq HQ & the Axis Base to Jasta .HQ. Your always welcome at Old Geezers Blue Skies OG FC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Does your server run 24/7?

Also, I flew kinda near some sort of gun boat and it tore me a new one with I assume quad .50's, haha. Any way to tone those guys down?

The flak 88's got close but no hits so I think they are fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

Also, I flew kinda near some sort of gun boat and it tore me a new one with I assume quad .50's, haha. Any way to tone those guys down?

Maybe they're just pissed off cuz their buddy got shot after bailing outta his plane.:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

River Boats have been taken care of.

Not normally but I wont shut done while someone is flying

1 hour ago, J5_Gamecock said:

Maybe they're just pissed off cuz their buddy got shot after bailing outta his plane.:P

• Thanks 1

I liked the randomness of the AI and that there were a lot it seemed. With that map looking like what I feel Arras should be like, it will be a good place to train and practice finding contacts. What's the highest the AI flies? Maybe put some super high if you dont have them already?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@ Talbot

Some will hide in the clouds at +/- 1500 m.

Even had those giving cover for their friends underneath, go figure )))

The mission you mention is probably  the one starting at 5:40 just before sun comes up.
Taking off from Allied nearing the front line search lights flare up eventually catching an enemy AI plane next crossing on it while it goes for the clouds.
If you catch OG on you ask him to start it up;
Edited by West
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks West it is the Battle of Ypres 3, it is first in the rotation I have seen the Ai above 1800 meters trying to close on me, so I guess it depends on how high the pilot flies once he has triggered the Ai to attack they can be very aggressive I was very impressed with the action of course in the end two camels finally got the shot on me, as I was floating down in my parachute along came a Spad & killed me, wow!   Sorry just could not pass that up😂  Blue Skies OG

Edited by OG51st_FC
spelling
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, West said:

@ Talbot

Some will hide in the clouds at +/- 1500 m.

Even had those giving cover for their friends underneath, go figure )))

The mission you mention is probably  the one starting at 5:40 just before sun comes up.
Taking off from Allied nearing the front line search lights flare up eventually catching an enemy AI plane next crossing on it while it goes for the clouds.
If you catch OG on you ask him to start it up;

We actually flew on the Bloody Ridge map. Day time, noonish with lots of cloud cover. Last night we hosted our own server and flew around for a bit trying to find some AI to kill. They weren't spawning in for some reason. Only a pair of fokker d7 spawned in. 2 pfalz sat on field. Where are the "spawning grounds?"

3 hours ago, US103_Talbot said:

We actually flew on the Bloody Ridge map. Day time, noonish with lots of cloud cover. Last night we hosted our own server and flew around for a bit trying to find some AI to kill. They weren't spawning in for some reason. Only a pair of fokker d7 spawned in. 2 pfalz sat on field. Where are the "spawning grounds?"

I will get in the editor asap and send you a pm.

• Thanks 1

A little Saturday Morning for your Saturday Morning Blue Skies OG_FC

I think that I qualify here at 87 years young...................so where do I find your server?

BadBud

2019_1_14__23_28_14.jpg

• Like 2

Bud You can find me online from 3am eastern time till about this time 6-7ish I call it a night. Looking forward to flying with you cya Soon Blue Skies OG

4 hours ago, OG51st_FC said:

Bud You can find me online from 3am eastern time till about this time 6-7ish I call it a night. Looking forward to flying with you cya Soon Blue Skies OG

if thats in about an hour time, mind if i join ?

• Like 1

Imagine yourself on a journey, One of Sight & Sound, ambience and Immersion, No your Not at Rod Serling's House,  you have just entered the Old Geezers Zone. To clarify what it takes to be an Old Geezer simple really 1st you only have to be Mature Minded you do not have to be Old like me,  2nd.You must have and use teamspeak3 for Communications.  I am looking for a few People who might be interested in joining, & putting on the OG Tags.   Blue Skies to All  OG_FC