Red_Cat

Prokhorovka Map crashes Mission Editor

'Mission Editor has stopped working' when I try to load the landscape presets for the new Prokhorovka map. Other maps open fine. Anyone else getting this, or any suggestions?

Cheers.

7 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

'Mission Editor has stopped working' when I try to load the landscape presets for the new Prokhorovka map. Other maps open fine. Anyone else getting this, or any suggestions?

Cheers.

Loading the landscape presets for Prokhorovka worked just fine for me. 🌝

No problem here.

Would like to know how to choose the extra armour option on the new Panzer MKIII for AI if anyone knows.

Thanks. :)

There is no mission AI control for the new tanks. They are player control only. 😐

Absolutely no problem. Loading takes time, as well as loading the templates but after that its all fine.

Well, I updated my backup copy of BoX and was able to open the Prok map in that; made a mission, saved it and got it to open in my 'game' copy, so at least I have got the map open. It is still touch and go whether it doesn't crash again though. Yes, Prok is a more 'PC-heavy' map compared to what's gone before but it's a hell of a lot smaller than the others and I have no problem with them. Something in my regular copy is slowing the Prok map down; it really sets the fans off and I can hear the HDD thinking aloud! I don't have any mods turned on btw. Could it be graphics -related?

1 hour ago, Thad said:

There is no mission AI control for the new tanks. They are player control only. 😐

Before TC there were 2 versions of some tanks. One is player controlled (marked with an underscore I think) and the other is a AI tank.

Maybe its this time alike?

Note the 'for the new tanks.' in my post.

1 hour ago, Thad said:

For the life of me I do not understand what that means.

I have put all the new tanks into missions as AI units.

Player control tanks look like this in the editor     _kv1s  _m4a2  _pziii-m  _pzvi-h1  _pziii-l   _t34-76stz

There are AI controlled version of the games  pziii-l  kv1s and the t34-76-stz

There are no such AI controlled versions available for the new m4a2, pziii-m or the Tiger pzvi-h1.

One cannot create a mass of Tigers for the player to take on with the player Kv1s. The current Tiger is Player only.

@216th_Cat - Try to reset your editor settings

• Go to ...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\bin\editor\
  • launch the ResetEditorSettings bat file
  • ???
  • Profit

image.png.4283acbeaca3d3bde5a5acf5d3f58f12.png

Also, inside the editor -> try unchecking this guy (see image) if it's checked. It'll load a blank mission instead of the last mission you used; when loading the editor.

image.png.6f18abbe1d5fbf2e9f22f388a2a05634.png

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch- said:

@216th_Cat - Try to reset your editor settings

• Go to ...\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Moscow\bin\editor\
  • launch the ResetEditorSettings bat file
  • ???
  • Profit

image.png.4283acbeaca3d3bde5a5acf5d3f58f12.png

That's cracked it! Never realised the command was there. Now it opens a treat, and not too slow either. Thanks a million, much appreciated. Cheers.

• Like 2

NNNnniiiccceee! I'm glad stuff is working for you, and I was able to help. 😄

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thad said:

Player control tanks look like this in the editor     _kv1s  _m4a2  _pziii-m  _pzvi-h1  _pziii-l   _t34-76stz

There are AI controlled version of the games  pziii-l  kv1s and the t34-76-stz

There are no such AI controlled versions available for the new m4a2, pziii-m or the Tiger pzvi-h1.

One cannot create a mass of Tigers for the player to take on with the player Kv1s. The current Tiger is Player only.

I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm still not catching this.

Below is three AI KV-1s against 3 AI Tigers, and they're going at it. And I can make either kind of tank a player vehicle and join in.

2whvp2.jpg

Ill try.

8 minutes ago, SAS_Bombsaway said:

Are you able to do that with the M4A2?

Yeah.

2wi0zc.jpg

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

I don't mean to be difficult, but I'm still not catching this.

Below is three AI KV-1s against 3 AI Tigers, and they're going at it. And I can make either kind of tank a player vehicle and join in.

2whvp2.jpg

That surprises me. You may be correct. I'll have to do some testing. If we can, that's great. 

But If so... why the difference in vehicle designation in the editor? ie _m4a2 (player) and no m4a2 (AI)

Edited by Thad

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Thad said:

That surprises me. But can you have a moving column of Tigers on a designated route of waypoints?

If so... why the difference in vehicle designation in the editor? ie _m4a2 (player) and no m4a2 (AI)

One waypoint, yes. I do it all the time. I have trouble figuring out how to make two waypoints work with anything. I'm not very accomplished with the _____________.

(Can't mention it by name, lest the gnashing of angry little teeth and stamping of angry little feet commence.)

Edited by CanadaOne

Well, you may be correct. I'll try to change one of my missions to test this out. If you are correct, that's great. :salute:

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool is the guy who can barely turn on the ______________ without having a mental breakdown is showing the pros a new trick. :cool:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CanadaOne said:

Pretty cool is the guy who can barely turn on the ______________ without having a mental breakdown is showing the pros a new trick. :cool:

Out of the mouth of babes ….. comes childlike wisdom.

• Haha 1

Oh, back to the question I asked at the start: 

Would like to know how to choose the extra armour option on the new Panzer MKIII for AI if anyone knows.

Thanks. :)

I didn't see that in the list of options for AI tanks in the ________________. I'll look again.

Found it, it's in the weapons mods in advanced properties.

But it seems I got the stoner crew along with the armour.

Grrrrroovy!

2wildd.jpg

The odd skin seems to be a momentary bug. The mission plays but it crashes if I try to edit it. Tried the armour add on in a test mission and it was fine, no stoner skin.