Han

Developer Diary 218 - Discussion

1 minute ago, Han said:
Dear friends,

The Spring has come and in today's Dev Blog, after some delay, we're returning to our main project - Bodenplatte.

First, we can disclose more details about the map of the project.

But these map development news are not the only ones we have. We can show you the progress we have made on the three coming planes: P-38J-25 heavy fighter, B-25 heavy bomber (AI only), and Me 262 A jet fighter. For the first one of them, P-38J-25, we have used a new approach of creating the exterior and interior 3D models in parallel

The B-25 bomber will be AI-only in this project, but we'll try to make its exterior 3D and physical model at the same quality level as our player controllable aircraft

The exterior 3D model of Me 262 A "Schwalbe" is completely done

To finish today's Dev Blog, we would like to congratulate the beautiful half of humanity on the coming holiday - International Women's Day. Dear girls, be happy!

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 3

A Thursday DD, and a big one at that (juicy juicy stuff), in a patch week, and a sale ...

You're spoiling us

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

A Thursday DD, and a big one at that (juicy juicy stuff), in a patch week, and a sale ...

You're spoiling us

Absolutely. What will the team do as an encore?

• Haha 1

Wow, I'm amazed.

I would not have thought that there are already news today! Great work. The Cologne Cathedral reminds me of my visits in Cologne :)
And with the two-tailed devil I can hardly hold myself back.  Thank you for your hard work!

Rico:salute:

Wow.

Bruxelles

Et pour les Flamands la même chose:biggrin:?

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

the Bodenplate map is a masterpiece...amazing...:o::good:

Ha! I knew it!!

Never flew the 262 in the old IL2, but I am definitely going to fly this one... looks great!

Jeez! Take a break you guys!

Impressive work!

Having visited many of the mentioned cities, it is amazing to see how well they are captured in the game. Especially the unique building show with how much passion the Il2 team works. Instead of putting just some random churches in place they actually modelled them according to the real life counterpart.

• Like 4

Absolutely brilliant! Gobsmacked. Will be able to spend all day just flying over the map and looking round. :good:

• Upvote 1

Holy **** those cities look gorgeous!!

That Evgeny is such a PRO artist!

Plus the ME262...

Thanks for BoBP DD, my heart was needing it really much

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Coming back from a short pause in Bodenplatte coverage and the Hype train is going full steam ahead i see 😁

I can't wait to be able to fly the 262 over that enormous map, there is definitely enough space for jet powered planes

edit: i love how the pilots is just like "i wanna go up there"

Spoiler

_262_4.jpg.1f8e51259eabc16cd03a4741de9c8493.jpg

Edited by Asgar
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

I will throw my wallet into devs if they make B-25 flyable, why i want it?....cockpit and copilot company :)

Gimme my B-25 ;)

I'm frequent visitor of those cities, it will be exciting to fly over them!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Like 2

THE P-38!!!!!! 😍

Sorry for overreacting. I'm just so happy.

I need the schwalbe now! Everything is looking great! Thanks.

my favorite dev team is once again showing us how they produce quality content with hard work.

They can put less quality on their modelling work, most people would not notice.

But they choose to do their VERY best , as always.

Congratulations guys!

We are so lucky to have you !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

:good:

All looking and sounding great!

Really looking forward to flying on the new map!!

Posted (edited)

Amazing, updates new aircraft, tank crews and bug fixes.

Then an excellent DD, all in one week. Brilliant stuff and many thanks for the continued development.

Much appreciated.

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

duuuude,

is that the "interallies monument" in Liege that I see on this image?  The topography seems to point to that but just wanna check...

BTW on a thursday I see my beloved P-38 in progress, I learn my hometown will be modelised on this HUGE map, and that the Schwalbe is almost done. And all that the same week MotoGP are back to business...

it's gonna be hard to beat this one

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I liked a lot to see a hint of light in the windows of that Cathedral in the dusk scene! Beautiful!

Edited by 4driano
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm absolutely amazed by the tremendous work for the new map you are doing! Fantastic and I'm really looking forward

to take a crate for a looooong flight - all alone, slow and low just to discover this beautiful work of art. Thank you!

I can see I'm going to need to brush up on my maximum cruise operation of I'm going to start doing full circuit orbits around that map :dance:

Posted (edited)

This is a new milestone reached! The map looks amazing! Can't wait

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1

Ohhhh man that map looks great. I hope my machine can handle it!

Guest deleted@32648
Posted (edited)

Is there any chance that draw distance for ground target objects can be increased for the BP release?

And maybe a nose position for the A20?

(a shame about the b25, but in fairness it was always communicated as being AI only).

Edited by deleted@32648

Do hope the B-25 will become flyable before too long, I'd be game to pay for it. Can someone tell me more about the D version with the belly turret? Don't think I've ever seen that before. Will all the ones in game have it, or are the AI only aircraft available with modifications (I don't remember if the turret mod for the Ju-52 existed before it became flyable. I think it did?)

9 minutes ago, Uninstalled said:

Is there any chance that draw distance for ground target objects can be increased for the BP release?

And maybe a nose position for the A20?

(a shame about the b25, but in fairness it was always communicated as being AI only).

B25 as a collector's plane is an obvious opportunity for them for additional revenue. I am confident they will provide it. If they did so for the Ju52, they absolutely will for the B25. People will lap it up... not only a super iconic aircraft, but it will finally be the first allied medium bomber.

And that map looks amazing. I wish it went a bit more south so we could properly have the battle of the bulge, but this provides us with so many options (and some for the Battle of the Bulge too, to be honest, especially if map designers get creative). Being able to cover the liberation of Antwerp will be interesting as well. :)

Just now, thenorm said:

Do hope the B-25 will become flyable before too long, I'd be game to pay for it. Can someone tell me more about the D version with the belly turret? Don't think I've ever seen that before. Will all the ones in game have it, or are the AI only aircraft available with modifications (I don't remember if the turret mod for the Ju-52 existed before it became flyable. I think it did?)

Well, I imagine it will be after the completion of BoBp, so that's a ways off... but the devs have a pattern of announcing collectors airplanes after completing each projects, and I would be _very_ surprised if the B25 isn't one of them (and, let us hope, the Spit XIV).