Bonkin

TFS Developer Update - Patch 4.55 February 2019

Hello everybody,

We'll start this monthly update with a video:

As you can see, the team remains busy working towards the v5.0 release and today, we have the exciting news that we are able to release a further patch which addresses more bugs and adds some enhancements. The list of changes is as follows:

• Fix for 1080Ti cards not loading correct texture mipmaps
  • Revised 4.5 quick missions
  • 109s have now the historically correct two radiator circuits
  • Fiat BR-20 engine control levers numbering texture has the "7" and "6" reversed
    Bugtracker #759 
  • Spitfire Mk I, Mk Ia, and Mk IIa: Wheel brake lever now animated
    Bugtracker #556
  • Extra (wrong) contrails removed
  • Hit to the right water radiator damages the left water radiator
    Bugtracker #527
  • Beaufighter cockpit glass glass more transparent for pilot and observer
  • Gladiator enhancements to its external model
  • Hurricane control column chain animation corrected
    Bugtracker #1045
  • Enhanced English field textures
  • Disabled 'Anthropomorphic Control' so it is now always off
  • Aircraft of air groups marked as scramble (Full Mission Builder) now start with pre-warmed and running engines. To prevent planes (especially Spitfires and Hurricanes) from already rolling on spawn-in, chocks are initially set and a message is shown in the info window. Black smoke initially emitting from engine disappears immediately on removal of chocks (graphics fix for a later patch)
  • Fixes to enable track record compatibility between game versions
  • Oxygen tank damage now in effect
  • Removed vehicles from plane select listing
  • Smoother grass rendering
  • Weapons/smoke effects revised
  • CR-42 aileron wire animation bug fixed
  • Ju-88 Bottom gunner: annoying moving dot removed from the cockpit
  • Most of the bombs now have skip bomb effects on water (the two types that have not yet are SC 50 and GP 40lbs)
    Bugtracker #1110
  • Trim Wheel Animations in the Spitfires fixed
    Bugtracker #1112
  • Spitfire MkIIa now with correct, enlarged oil cooler

NOTE:
1. As usual, please be sure to delete your cache folder (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

2. Unfortunately Avast and AVG Antivirus (and only those, belonging to the same company) have repeatedly and falsely considered Cliffs of Dover's Launcher64.exe as a possible virus. There's nothing we currently can do about this. If you are using one of the two and are having trouble starting Cliffs, please set the Launcher64.exe on their whitelist. Sorry for the inconveniences.

3Make sure to rebind your Prop. pitch Automation key to the new 'Toggle Propeller Pitch Mode' in Control settings if your auto pitch is not working in aircraft with auto pitch... as in Bf109E-4 and Bf-110C models.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy it. 

For and on behalf of Team Fusion Simulations,

Bonkin.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, Bonkin said:

1. As usual, please be sure to delete your cache file (in your 'Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' folder) before running the game again.

Which file? I have a cache folder there, but no file with that name.

Absolutely stellar work! Amazing! I’ll get all of my old squadron on tonight for a sortie on ATAG!

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

Absolutely stellar work! Amazing! I’ll get all of my old squadron on tonight for a sortie on ATAG!

Better get on early - I expect thousands will be trying to get onto Cliffs tonight. 

After all, who can resist

'Fiat BR-20 engine control levers numbering texture has the "7" and "6" reversed
Bugtracker #759'

Being fixed at last.

• Haha 4

Smoother grass rendering

Enhanced English field textures

Will be interested to see what this looks like...  :salute:

Well I can't say that the project is making giants steps forward but I still have hope I'll live long enough to fly over Tobruck.

Too bad we can't get pre heated engines online yet (or can we), I would have jumped into my Beau for a spin.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

Got it! Thanks TFS. The Dewoitine D.520 is looking exceptional as well as the P40 cockpit. I am looking forward to entering a mission and NOT having my plane sliding across the grass. The attention to the little details and fixing the many small, long existing, bugs will go a long ways towards enticing people back into CLOD.  CLOD is still graphically amazingly relevant and user friendly to a wide scope of hardware and should keep this Sim appealing and accessible to a wide possibility of an audience. Yes we all want the new content, impatiently, but fixing the core issues from the original source code is paramount. If TFS can fix these core issues, create a worthy AI, Campaign/Career and create/tweak the net-code to facilitate large stable MP sessions, then I see a bright Future for CLOD and TFS. Here is to hoping for that success! Now, off to see these " Enhanced English field textures " and all of the other updates.

S!Blade<><

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

I am looking forward to entering a mission and NOT having my plane sliding across the grass. 

Today patch/hot fix (4.5.50) adopted this workaround* for this issue (planes turned by wind).

"Aircraft of air groups marked as scramble (Full Mission Builder) now start with pre-warmed and running engines. To prevent planes (especially Spitfires and Hurricanes) from already rolling on spawn-in, chocks are initially set and a message is shown in the info window. But this work only for missions that have this entry in .mis file: 

Scramble 1

So for existing missions with engine start (SetOnPark 1) planes continue turning around, point for wind direction.

Perhaps chocks enabled could by tied do "SetOnPark 1" (could start) too in future.

Maybe are my "Info Windows" settings, but at spawn I don't see message informing that chocks are enabled, but they are, can open throttle for 110% that plane don't move.

When hit the key for chocks is show: "Chocks: Out".

* CloD operation is synonymous of "workarounds". :lol:

Big thumbs up for the guy responsible for the "smoother grass rendering" part. I know it's one of the many small things BM referred to above, but it's been a pet peeve of mine for years. 4.54 was already an improvement in this regard, but the tweak in 4.55 is a bliss. Love it already, though haven't checked if it works on crop fields too.

Edited by Art-J

That sea so shining and sparkling and that fire and smoke trails are wonderful.

52472018_2026062457511290_7349188011281612800_o.jpg

52569236_2026062300844639_3432771595083448320_o.jpg

52569282_2026062294177973_7118677112210325504_o.jpg

52598772_2026062164177986_6371755936926662656_o.jpg

52605693_2026062447511291_7894405255918518272_o.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much for the updates, really appreciated.:drinks:

Amazing just how much detail goes into these models, who would think all that was under the skin of the Macchi and all the others, and you just have to love that D.520, a French type in game and flyable from the outset.:salute:

Congratulations to all involved, looking forward to the release of TF 5.0.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Yet again throttle and joystick after the patch are not even recognised  :(

Even after installing my backed up files, they are still not recognised... looks like either I start from scratch and work through the whole setup process, or just leave it ...

3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Even after installing my backed up files, they are still not recognised... looks like either I start from scratch and work through the whole setup process, or just leave it ...

I never had that problem. I know that some people do. I THINK, if you change USB ports the settings can go to default, or if you delete your conf.ini file obviously all settings will be gone.

Go in to windows power mode and make sure that the USB ports are always powered even when the computer goes to sleep mode. 

The other option is to check in Steam (Steam ->Settings -> Cloud) and make sure that "enable Steam cloud synchronization" is NOT ticked!

Hope you sort it out :)

Edited by Kling

7 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Hello Trooper

Have you looked through the topics in the technical section regarding issues with joysticks?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/110-technical-assistance/

Another potential solution:

Go into your Device Manager in Windows... then the Universal Serial Bus/USB section.

Right click on the USB ports and select 'Properties'... make sure they  are functioning and the tab for windows "Power Management" does not have the box checked to allow Windows to shut down the power.

If the joystick is still not work, then try uninstalling the USB device/port you are using for it, then disconnect the joystick, restart the computer, Windows will automatically re-install the USB device... then plug the joystick.

Then add the back confUser.ini and start the game.

9 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

You have just make a new game install  to see what the patch have changed?

If is the case, STEAM controller can be enable and this prevents games detect other joysticks.

• Upvote 1

Just continuing a career mission and realize my Spit's engine revs at take-off but a/c doesn't move. I released brakes but still no go. Are there now chocks in place?

EDITED:   (fixed) Yes, Just discovered Spit in Campaign now uses chocks 😉  (at least for that one mission)

Edited by Pea_Shooter

Something concerning bombs management coule be nice, in single as well as multi player Quick, single or campaign missions.

18 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Hello Trooper

Have you looked through the topics in the technical section regarding issues with joysticks?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/110-technical-assistance/

Another potential solution:

Go into your Device Manager in Windows... then the Universal Serial Bus/USB section.

Right click on the USB ports and select 'Properties'... make sure they  are functioning and the tab for windows "Power Management" does not have the box checked to allow Windows to shut down the power.

If the joystick is still not work, then try uninstalling the USB device/port you are using for it, then disconnect the joystick, restart the computer, Windows will automatically re-install the USB device... then plug the joystick.

Then add the back confUser.ini and start the game.

Thanks for your input Buzz, but nothing worked...

I have spent the afternoon messing with my pc and all my flight sim gear.

I took every device for flight simmimg, joystick, throttle, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, trackir, headset etc, then unplugged them all.

I turned off the pc and restarted after plugging them back in, even switching them around into different ports as I wanted to test out a theory...

These devices are plug and play?

I should just plug them in and the pc should recognise them.

I then started all my other flight sims in turn and played a quick mission to see what happened... quess what?.......... They all worked!

I then tried to play Cliffs again... and nothing was recognised... lol!

Time to start the process of re mapping all my Cliffs controls again,  sigh!

Just now, Trooper117 said:

I took every device for flight simmimg, joystick, throttle, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, trackir, headset etc, then unplugged them all.

I turned off the pc and restarted after plugging them back in, even switching them around into different ports as I wanted to test out a theory...

I then started all my other flight sims in turn and played a quick mission to see what happened... quess what?.......... They all worked!

You could try modifying the ConfUser.ini (located here: C:\Users\"USERNAME"\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) manually and replace all occurrences of joystick1 everywhere by the name of your joystick, you can copy it directly from the game when binding keys.

It worked for me, I hope it does for you. Since I did that I haven't had to rebind keys again.

Example taken from my file 

[HotKey pilot]
Saitek_X52_Pro_Flight_Control_System-E2EE7003+Key1=trigger1
BackQuote=engselect_all
Saitek_X52_Pro_Flight_Control_System-E2EE7003+Key8=rad_plus

What it looked like before:

[HotKey pilot]
Joystick1+Key1=trigger1
BackQuote=engselect_all
Joystick1+Key8=rad_plus

This is my joystick name copied from the game when binding keys Saitek_X52_Pro_Flight_Control_System-E2EE7003

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

As mentioned, if you are unplugging all the joysticks, then I would also recommend you uninstall the USB devices in Device Manager at the same time prior to restarting your PC.  Then give the devices a chance to re-install prior to plugging the joysticks in.  If the joystick has been unplugged or unpowered at any time after you programmed the inputs, it can lose those mappings.  So of course, you need to have a backed up confUser.ini file to paste in.

I have exactly the same joystick as you, i.e. the MS FFB2, and I have zero problems when updating or switching between versions as long as I make sure to follow the tips which are on the  technical forum here and those mentioned in this thread.  I have seven different versions of the game when counting all the various Alphas/Betas/Releases which I work with.

I've got a Thrustmaster Warthog joystick and throttle Buzz... never owned a MS FFB2 lol!

But thanks for the tips anyway  :)

Checked the link thanks, done all that but not the 'save as' thing.... but as I'm into re mapping the controls I'll do it when I have finished that chore!

It's funny that all my other sims work fine no matter if I take the joysticks out and replace or even swap their locations... but Cliffs seems to be the only problem child.

Just now, Trooper117 said:

Checked the link thanks, done all that but not the 'save as' thing.... but as I'm into re mapping the controls I'll do it when I have finished that chore!

It's funny that all my other sims work fine no matter if I take the joysticks out and replace or even swap their locations... but Cliffs seems to be the only problem child.

Have you done what I suggested? I unplug my stick everytime i'm done with it and used to have the same issue.

As I said above mate, I'll do the renaming thing when I get round to re mapping the controls  :)

Hopefully that will stop all the silliness that I have been encountering...

• Like 1

Apologies I wasn't sure if that was aimed at Buzz or us both.

Anyway Im pretty sure that should do the trick. :)

Nice video.

Can not wait anymore, to fly the MC202 Dewo520.
Ju88 C beautiful

THX for Patch4,55

Edited by 7./SchG2_v*Athlon

Well, I’m devastated.

i made thé update to night and now, where charging a mission, or anything else, thé game crashes at 95%...

» launcher.exe stopped, Windows will search for a solution, bla-bla-bla », and That’s it. 

I can’t use CoD anymore

5 hours ago, DN308 said:

Well, I’m devastated.

i made thé update to night and now, where charging a mission, or anything else, thé game crashes at 95%...

» launcher.exe stopped, Windows will search for a solution, bla-bla-bla », and That’s it. 

I can’t use CoD anymore

Please post the crash log in the Technical section of this forum.

Please include the details of your PC and operating system.

The update is working well for me, thanks very much for all the hard work!

Are there any plans for the future to allow throttle to be controlled via mouse wheel? I’ve used that setup for nearly twenty years in every sim I’ve owned with the exception of CloD.  It would be great if it gets that functionality one day.  👍🏼

15 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Please post the crash log in the Technical section of this forum.

Please include the details of your PC and operating system.

Well, i succeded in fixing my problem by deleting confuser.ini and launcher.exe

Then logged with Steam and it placed some new files in.

Seems to work so far

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 2:29 PM, Bonkin said:

Removed vehicles from plane select listing

HOW CAN CREATE HUMAN GROUND VEHICLES? (Tank, AAA)
The Planes are NICE.

Thanks for udate.

Edited by 7./SchG2_Willi

On 2/27/2019 at 12:40 PM, DN308 said:

Well, i succeded in fixing my problem by deleting confuser.ini and launcher.exe

Then logged with Steam and it placed some new files in.

Seems to work so far

That means either one of two things:

1)  Your initial install was corrupted.

2)  Your Anti-Virus identified the first install launcher .exe as a virus, but for whatever reason, decided the second install launcher.exe was ok.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, 7./SchG2_Willi said:

HOW CAN CREATE HUMAN GROUND VEHICLES? (Tank, AAA)

Add tanks, AAA (not all are controllable) to an mission in FMB, and at least one plane set for player spawn.

How select that vehicles, AAA is explained in this Quick Mission:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/Downloads.php?do=download&amp;downloadid=4

Edited by Sokol1

1 hour ago, Buzzsaw said:

That means either one of two things:

1)  Your initial install was corrupted.

2)  Your Anti-Virus identified the first install launcher .exe as a virus, but for whatever reason, decided the second install launcher.exe was ok.

1) probably 

2) no because I’ve put an exception on the launcher.exe 

whatever, it was hard to find this solution but it works so far

Dear developers,

Great work with the Dewoitine French fighter!

I've had a concern on my mind for quite some time now about why nothing is being done about creating (at least one) flyable model of the Luftwaffe Dornier Do 17z bomber?...

I mean, historically, the Lutwaffe had more of this type in service during the French campaign AND the Battle of Britain than the other 2 medium bombers (e.i., He 111s and Ju 88s)!

I'm sure other community members wonder about the same thing , and would probably pay extra just to be able to fly this type... and then there's the Boulton-Paul "Defiant" RAF fighter_used throughout the french campaign and just about as long as the Luftwaffes  use of the Ju 87 "Stuka" in the B.O.B. ( which, you know, IS flyable)...Please enlighten! _ sincerly, RAUBKATER