NETSCAPE

CO-OP flight order listing wrong

20190219212820_1.thumb.jpg.5b0a499f25047548c83dbf4684277451.jpg

Obviously I know how to target link objects to form a group. But in this co-op scenario it reverses the ju-52 flights as you can see. Might be kind of confusing for some how the listing (left number) is the opposite of the actual flight number (right number). To add to the confusion, the 109 flight is fine.

Is there anyway to fix this?

It used to name flights based on the group name. Now it names flights based on the plane entity's name.

So before:

GROUPNAME -> plane 1

plane 2

plane 3

In game it would be named GROUPNAME plane 1, 2 and 3.

Now:

GroupName doesn't matter -> Stork 1 (as leader obviously)

Stork 2

Stork 3

This should fix your numbering problem. hopefully

See here and here.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch
Added links
  • Thanks 1

Didn't work. Same issue. It only effects Ju 52 as far as I can tell. The order is still reversed in the listing (named all planes of a flight the same, except flight lead). I suppose as long as flight leader is known that's a bit better... but still this sort of tiny detail drives me insane...

935775148_sameshit.thumb.jpg.1c0c458716706a8bada63e88cccc1432.jpg

Edited by NETSCAPE

I appreciate the help but the first thing I checked was the formation in flight, ie what you thought I did wrong. I would never target link a group of planes or vehicles to a leader all at once, for obvious reasons. 

I'm sure the solution is something as simple as remake all the planes. Resave as a new mission ect... You know those odd ME issues that make no sense... 

• Confused 1

I just made a million Ju 52 groups in Lapino. I set each group up different to try and pin-point an issue (mods, cargo, skin, call sign order and starting point - 0 vs.1).

every. single. group...is ordered correctly. So like I said... just my mission is jacked up... not deal breaker since leader is clearly visible in the lobby.

---

Ah, just had a thought. You know what it might be? At first when I work on missions I always save them as single and test basic logic and stuff in singleplayer single mission type right? Well all those planes at one time were not cooperative start. Maybe that switch being turned on and or the mission going from single to coop is causing the issue. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NETSCAPE said:

Ah, just had a thought. You know what it might be? At first when I work on missions I always save them as single and test basic logic and stuff in singleplayer single mission type right? Well all those planes at one time were not cooperative start. Maybe that switch being turned on and or the mission going from single to coop is causing the issue. 

Did you also pay penance to the mission editor Gods on Tuesdays between 11:00am GMT and 11:15am GMT? If not, then missions will be broken until the Gods are satisfied! or so I'm told...

---

This is just turning into a waste of a day. But now I'm just irritated and my Autism has kicked in. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Here are the Ju 52's copy and pasted into a new Lapino file I created.

name test.rar

I'm going to remake the planes in my actual mission and see if that works. If not I am moving on to different tasks...

---

Yep recreating all my Ju 52s from scratch within the original mission worked. 

Also fun fact @[TWB]Sketch I saw your coop test and joined to say "howdy" - then IL-2 froze. 

GG EZ. 

Edited by NETSCAPE

Edit: I noticed that the formations are not right now... What the hell? I recommend just starting a new flight in your mission. These guys are being funky-wunky. 😕

image.png.50136f9f4487d94d224e4d4d6098e28d.png

30 minutes ago, NETSCAPE said:

Also fun fact @[TWB]Sketch I saw your coop test and joined to say "howdy" - then IL-2 froze. 

LOL, I had the mission open only for about 1-2 minutes!

30 minutes ago, NETSCAPE said:

Yep recreating all my Ju 52s from scratch within the original mission worked. 

Awesome!

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

And apparently if you Alt-F4 out of the game during CO-OP and relaunch the game you will see your lobby still sitting there... 

• Upvote 1