Sign in to follow this  
TP_Fritz

AI Starting Multiplayer mission at last WP

I'm not sure if it's something I'm suddenly doing wrong and just can't see it, or if something's changed in the logic.

I'm trying to test something for a mission I'm building, and for some reason I simply can't figure out why any AI that I put on the map and then have a WP assigned to it will start the multiplayer mission on the last way point assigned to it.  For example:

Capture1.PNG

In this simple test multiplayer mission (Dogfight), when the mission starts and I spawn into the MiG, the truck  (Vehicle 6) doesn't appear where it shows in the editor - instead, it appears directly where the Trigger Waypoint is located.  The truck is Enabled (i.e., Enabled is unchecked in its Advanced Properties).  If I attempt to create multiple waypoints, the truck will appear at the very last waypoint in the sequence.  What am I doing wrong, if anything?

I've had my head buried so deep in some rather complex mission design for the last few days, so I completely accept that I'm probably missing something very simple.

I suspect that by the time you join the MP mission, the truck has driven to the waypoint. One alternative is to set up an OnPlaneSpawned event message from your airfield object to the waypoint and remove the mission begin and timer MCUs.

Your suspicion was correct, JimTM.  I was starting the test mission on my server and then switching to my gaming machine to start IL2.  That short amount of time was creating the problem.  By doing what you suggested - OnPlaneSpawned - it fixed the issue.  It never dawned on me that this could be what was happening... for some reason I kept thinking that the mission wouldn't run until I joined it.

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, TP_Fritz said:

Your suspicion was correct, JimTM.  I was starting the test mission on my server and then switching to my gaming machine to start IL2.  That short amount of time was creating the problem.  By doing what you suggested - OnPlaneSpawned - it fixed the issue.  It never dawned on me that this could be what was happening... for some reason I kept thinking that the mission wouldn't run until I joined it.

Thanks.

That is covered in the first bullet point on pg. 171 of the editor manual. How could you miss that?  :biggrin:

This will make a good troubleshooting note for the manual, once Thad gets it done.  ;)

On 2/1/2019 at 4:35 PM, JimTM said:

That is covered in the first bullet point on pg. 171 of the editor manual. How could you miss that?  :biggrin:

Good question... hehe.  I have no idea how I missed that.  Too much skimming I guess.  ;)

• Haha 1