ITAF_Rani

When the P51 will be available?

3 hours ago, Bremspropeller said:

Not soon enough.

Do we already know about the specific Block number?

D-15 was said in one DD 194,

and then later one of DD 202 said D-25 (maybe by mistake) , D-15 fits whole campaign so its probably that one.

Maybe we get first view on 3D look of it in next DD

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Like 1

Ok, so what's the real difference between the various P-51D dash numbers?

The impression I've gotten it that it was mostly cabin equipment and hardpoints, even though some games have used the numbers for engine performance differences. 

D-20 has k-14 gunsight

D-25 has more weapon points for HVAR rockets

thats what i could remenber maybe there is more diff from D-15

I don't expect the P-51 for quite some time.

I would love to see B and C models as mod variants, though I'm sure that's a long shot. I really cant wait to see some of the amazing paint jobs from the community, they have already been doing awesome stuff for the Thunderbolt. We have some extremely talented artists here, with an uncanny attention to detail. I don't really care so much for the P-51 personally, now the P-38....now THAT is the lady I'm waiting patiently for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

i expect we get D9 with next update, and then P-51 after it i also dont think it will be both at same time as nothing was shown for P-51D in DDs pictures, and from how it looks P-38 and Tempest could be last two for Allied side.

Just now, 77.CountZero said:

i expect we get D9 with next update, and then P-51 after it i also dont think it will be both at same time as nothing was shown for P-51D in DDs pictures, and from how it looks P-38 and Tempest could be last two for Allied side.

We have not seen any pictures aside from the D9 and 262 have we? If we have, I have genuinely forgotten. :wacko::lol:

No pictures of P-51D, Tempest V or P-38J or B-25,for rest we saw atleast something.

Maybe they gona get TempestV P-51D and Me-262 as final game update for BoBp to get it officaly out with a bang :) and we get P-38J aster D9

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

We have not seen any pictures aside from the D9 and 262 have we? If we have, I have genuinely forgotten. :wacko::lol:

We have pictures of both the inside and outside of the D9 in the last few DD's. So far all we have seen of the 262 is some exterior shots. From what I have seen of the Dev's patters they tend to start showing the inside parts of the plane a little before the plane is released so the D9 being next in the barrel tracks.

• Upvote 2

I'm surprised we've seen so little of it, I would've thought it would've come quite early considering it's one of the most extensively documented warbirds ever built and there are dozens of living examples for them to look at

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

would love to see B and C models as mod variants, though I'm sure that's a long shot.

They are basicly the same aircraft. A nice mod would be the Malcolm hood there.

The D should at least have the -3 or -7 engine, diferent gunsights, mirrors and maybe the dorsal fillet (standard on later Blocks anyway).

Maybe a K with the different prop could b an option, but this is most certainly a bridge too far.

Any other noticeable mods? How about manifold ratings?

Let's make this the go-to Mustang hype-thread!

59 minutes ago, =621=Samikatz said:

I'm surprised we've seen so little of it, I would've thought it would've come quite early considering it's one of the most extensively documented warbirds ever built and there are dozens of living examples for them to look at

Having modeled it, I can tell you that it's not that simple.

One of the more nuanced and difficult models I've undertaken.

Let alone the systems etc which is another story.

Here's mine.

WIP28.jpg

Detail1t.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Many very subtle compound shapes, that have to be just right, and in total make the Mustang air frame what it is.

A game model would be much lower res, but still not so simple as the Jug, which is basically a tube.

Then you have the cockpits which are a time-suck no matter the aircraft.

That´ll be a happy 2019! Thanks for the update 🙂

18 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

The release order is as follows for vehicles, maps are harder to judge, but I won't put dates on any of them yet because they often change.

Me-262 and Fw-190 D-9 are slated to come together.

P-51D

B-25 (AI)

Tempest Mk.V

P-38J

Plus 8 more tanks in 2019

M4A2, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, T-34 model of 1943, PzKpfw III Ausf.M to come together.

SU-122, PzKpfw V Ausf.D, SU-152, Sd. Kfz. 184 to come together. 

GAZ-MM + 72K Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 (Collector Vehicles) to come together after tanks done. 

Plus 6 more WWI kites in 2019

Fokker D.VII and D.VIIF and Sopwith Dolphin

Albatros D.Va and S.E.5a

Brisfit and Halberstadt CL.II and CL.IIau

Bodenplatte Map

Arras Map

Prokhorovka Map

Plus...

Bodenplatte Career

Bodenplatte Scripted Campaign

Another Payware Scripted Campaign or two from 3rd Parties

Tank Crew Scripted Campaigns

American and British Radio Calls

Air/Field Marshal Feature

Object Viewer

New MP Lobby  (Fingers crossed, this one won't be easy) 
PWCG Online Co-Op Campaign (Go chew on Pat about this) 

and hopefully many other tweaks and fixes etc. as we go along.

Lots and lots of stuff to come in 2019.

Jason

Awesome, thanks for the update sir!

Also would just like to ask; Has work begun on the Arras map? Flying Circus has been growing on me more and more lately, especially with all these little fly outs the community has been hosting here and there... 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 77.CountZero said:

me262 coming faster then expected !

Unexpected, and great news.

Can't wait to fly that 262.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

No pun intended I'm sure. 🤔

This is team continues to impress. 

Edited by Rjel
grammer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

P-51D

B-25 (AI)

Tempest Mk.V

P-38J

Thanks Jason, that answers a lot of question on the ordering of plane set releases.  Great news and I am looking forward to the future DD's and releases along with a few others, say around 166,000+ give or take :salute:.

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

I'd expect the Me262 to be released with the Tempest.

I'm sorry to say that but such release schedule could end MP of the BOBP early access. Good luck facing all those LW whitebooks in the IX or the '-12" MP' Jug. I had tried to be optimistic before but now...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Ehret said:

I'm sorry to say that but such release schedule could end MP of the BOBP early access. Good luck facing all those LW whitebooks in the IX or the '-12" MP' Jug. I had tried to be optimistic before but now...

Yes, all the server owners will immediately put in the Me262 without hesitation or limitation and thus end all resemblance of balance and meta on their servers. The world as we know it will end in a whimper. *Dies Irae in the background*

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Ehret said:

Clearly the sky is falling and nobody will play multiplayer anymore... 🙄

• Haha 12
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Etherlight said:

Yes, all the server owners will immediately put in the Me262 without hesitation or limitation and thus end all resemblance of balance and meta on their servers. The world as we know it will end in a whimper. *Dies Irae in the background*

What "meta or balance" you are talking about? In the "BOBP" servers it's a fiction already after the K4 was made available. Only bearable if you are very good or flying extremely conservatively like keeping 23K ft altitude in the Jug and hoping that a stray target will appear once in ten sorties.

The thing is... it's boring... too boring. With the 262 you will get vulching within 5m of the match start and no counter-measures. And for limitations? Everybody will want to check the new planes thus there will be no limitations.

Edited by Ehret
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonderful news.  I wonder what the next module after BoBp will be.  What did you folks decide at the Moscow meeting, Jason?  What secret campaign is being researched at this very moment?

Concerning Bodenplatte, I do wish we'd received the P-51 before the 262 as in real life.  All through BoS and BoM and BoK the German fighters were technically superior.  I'd hoped for a moment of parity.  I doubt the multiplayer servers will reflect the force ratio percentages that relegated the 262 to insignificance as far as war-winning or losing.  Like the V-2, it was futuristic but in terms of the Allied war machine, a pinprick.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, TP_Sparky said:

I do wish we'd received the P-51 before the 262 as in real life.  All through BoS and BoM and BoK the German fighters were technically superior.  I'd hoped for a moment of parity.  I doubt the multiplayer servers will reflect the force ratio percentages that relegated the 262 to insignificance as far as war-winning or losing.  Like the V-2, it was futuristic but in terms of the Allied war machine, a pinprick.

Multiplayer isn't where you typically go for historical veracity anyway...so no worries.

• Upvote 3

I can certainly understand the 262 coming out sooner rather than later. It will demonstrate new capabilities of the game engine like no other aircraft can currently. For even a casual flight simmer it will be a huge draw. Personally I'm more eager for the Mustang than anything else but getting the Me-262 out seems like a good business decision. 

Edited by Rjel
Studdered while typing....
  • Like 1

I rather have the planes we have fixed than getting new ones, P40 , P 39 engines blow up unrealistically easy, P 47 is a dog.

Imagine if they blew up like that in real life.

I like this sim , but engines blowing up needs to be fixed at some point.

Looking forward to the P 51 and all new planes, hope they make the engines more realistic, which by the way the 262 is the one that really had very unreliable engines, quick power burst , caught fire, it needed a precise managment.

Will be interesting to see how is this jet engine modeled.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Guys,

The release order is as follows for vehicles, maps are harder to judge, but I won't put dates on any of them yet because they often change.

P-51D

B-25 (AI)

Tempest Mk.V

P-38J

Plus 8 more tanks in 2019

M4A2, PzKpfw IV Ausf.G, T-34 model of 1943, PzKpfw III Ausf.M to come together.

SU-122, PzKpfw V Ausf.D, SU-152, Sd. Kfz. 184 to come together. 

GAZ-MM + 72K Sd. Kfz. 10 + Flak38 (Collector Vehicles) to come together after tanks done. 

Plus 6 more WWI kites in 2019

Fokker D.VII and D.VIIF and Sopwith Dolphin

Albatros D.Va and S.E.5a

Brisfit and Halberstadt CL.II and CL.IIau

Bodenplatte Map

Arras Map

Prokhorovka Map

Plus...

Bodenplatte Career

Bodenplatte Scripted Campaign

Another Payware Scripted Campaign or two from 3rd Parties

Tank Crew Scripted Campaigns

American and British Radio Calls

Air/Field Marshal Feature

Object Viewer

New MP Lobby  (Fingers crossed, this one won't be easy) 
PWCG Online Co-Op Campaign (Go chew on Pat about this) 

and hopefully many other tweaks and fixes etc. as we go along.

Lots and lots of stuff to come in 2019.

Jason

wow! You guys will have a busy 2019! But so many goodies!!! Really happy to see it all. Can't  wait to fly/drive all of them 

A lot coming our way.

Thanks for the update Jason!

And thank you to all your people for all the hard work they are doing. 

Great to know the release plan @Jason_Williams

But since i'm worrying about Multiplayer I would like to know if 150 octane fuel will be released for allied planes. With these kind of release schedule allies are pretty unuseful until Tempest comes to battle against Germans beasts. Thanks for replying 

• Upvote 1