HellCat_

OG Odyssey owners

At the moment I'm using a Lenovo but was able to grab an original Odyssey to try ....I'm having a hell of a time trying to get the 6DOF working in IL2 / DCS or in anything for that matter .....

Because my play space is so small (just enough area for my pit) I can only calibrate with sit and stand when I try room scale it says my play area is to small and or it just fails to draw no matter what I do. I added more light to the room so I'm thinking that's not the issue...

Funny thing is the Lenovo works fine setup this way with no tracking issues at all ...thinking it may be a camera issue? 

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or maybe has suggestions....
  • Like 1

Yeah ...that's what I was thinking too ....hope that's it because I really like this headsets picture .....

During setup of my Odyssey I had to choose between large space for standing games and chair sitting where play space is restricted like your flying chair. It works perfectly.

I have the +, and have a small space like you but I had no issue. I might have a more recent software release. 

Just throwing out ideas as mine works fine.

Bob

Edited by JG26jokkmccarthy
  • Like 1

Go to your Windows Settings and you will see a group called "Mixed Reality. Click on that and then "Environment". Click the gray bar "Clear Environment Data".

While in Windows Mixed Reality you can control Audio, power etc. In power you want Max performance and under Advanced Power make sure your headset is set to 90Hz.

In Steam VR Developer Settings I unchecked the box for putting the headset to sleep when idle for 20 secs. I found if I were to pause IL*2 for a moment Mixed Reality would stop and I couldn't reenter the sim.

32 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

Go to your Windows Settings and you will see a group called "Mixed Reality. Click on that and then "Environment". Click the gray bar "Clear Environment Data".

While in Windows Mixed Reality you can control Audio, power etc. In power you want Max performance and under Advanced Power make sure your headset is set to 90Hz.

In Steam VR Developer Settings I unchecked the box for putting the headset to sleep when idle for 20 secs. I found if I were to pause IL*2 for a moment Mixed Reality would stop and I couldn't reenter the sim.

Thanks Gordon .....I did do all that too...to no avail .....

I would try to persist a little longer before RMA'ing the headset. My WMR does not start automatically at system boot and boundary is off. I do not have room scale set up. So if, after system boot I put the HMD on I see only the green LED flashing and a black screen. After a few seconds I see a screen prompt asking me to look around and down. After WMR is satisfied with my efforts the Hill House or whatever it's called opens. I then remove the headset and close out of WMR. I then boot up the iL2.exe and the WMR window also opens. I minimize the WMR window and sign in to iL2. I went thru that procedure last time I was having trouble with getting iL2 into full 3D and it solved the problem on that occasion. Very often when starting iL2 directly from its icon I see that it is not in full 3D mode. I will then see the menu screen jump to another position and that signals entry into full 3D. If you have a new Odyssey I doubt it is a hardware issue and would return only as the very last resort.

Edited by Dagwoodyt
  • Like 1

@DagwoodytI'll look into that but the thing is I have the same issue in DCS.  I don't believe you should have to go through all that to get into IL2 with 6DOF....

With my Lenovo I open up WMR >Steam VR > IL2 =in like Flynn with 0 issues ....